Friendly’s

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Friendly’s

Post by alftupper » 12 Dec 2021, 20:33

the changeling wrote: 04 Dec 2021, 13:05
pat wrote: 03 Dec 2021, 22:00 York away then Doncaster away then we believe Salford ??
just york for me then. Closer than a home game
Don’t make any plans VD, we might be on vaccine passports by then 👍

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Dec 2021, 09:39

Will we ever get back to normal I wonder ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 13 Dec 2021, 11:04

tigerfeat wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 09:39 Will we ever get back to normal I wonder ...
Doubt it, not for a long time.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 13 Dec 2021, 11:18

It will. Covid will become like the flu and the ill and elderly will get vaccinations like they do now. Everybody may get the option like the flu jab is moving into

I've had covid and flu now and for me flu was much worse. But with covid I'm left without a lot of smell and taste and probably other things I'm not aware of and am putting down to something else.

Once we get to the point where the same amount are dying from flu and covid, that's the balance point. That's when we will move on and await the next virus.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 13 Dec 2021, 11:30

mart0042 wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 11:18 It will. Covid will become like the flu and the ill and elderly will get vaccinations like they do now. Everybody may get the option like the flu jab is moving into

I've had covid and flu now and for me flu was much worse. But with covid I'm left without a lot of smell and taste and probably other things I'm not aware of and am putting down to something else.

Once we get to the point where the same amount are dying from flu and covid, that's the balance point. That's when we will move on and await the next virus.
I’m guessing at another 5 years until we get that balance.
I’ve also had both, to be honest I was supprise I had Covid cos all I had was a mild cough. Lost taste and smell but both came back within a month.
Now the flu, I was in bed for 5 days and couldn’t move because of the pain. It was a thousand times worse than Covid.
Problem with the Covid virus it’s more contagious than flu.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 13 Dec 2021, 12:35

old cas lass wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 11:30
mart0042 wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 11:18 It will. Covid will become like the flu and the ill and elderly will get vaccinations like they do now. Everybody may get the option like the flu jab is moving into

I’ve also had both, to be honest I was supprise I had Covid cos all I had was a mild cough. Lost taste and smell but both came back within a month.
Now the flu, I was in bed for 5 days and couldn’t move because of the pain. It was a thousand times worse than Covid.
I'm hoping for my full taste and smell to come back but if it's the worst i get, it's so much better than a lot of people.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 13 Dec 2021, 12:46

i think a lot of people get a cold and say its flu. i've only ever had proper flu once and it absolutely flattened me. symptoms came on very suddenly as well.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 13 Dec 2021, 14:28

lurcher wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 12:46

i think a lot of people get a cold and say its flu. i've only ever had proper flu once and it absolutely flattened me. symptoms came on very suddenly as well.
It flattened me for 5 days.
I never want it again.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 Dec 2021, 14:46

look back in time we have had these pandemics Spanish Flu Asian Flu and there was another one they all killed thousands after a time they get weaker and we learn to live with it, life must go on

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Dec 2021, 15:42

gateman wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 14:46 look back in time we have had these pandemics Spanish Flu Asian Flu and there was another one they all killed thousands after a time they get weaker and we learn to live with it, life must go on
The Spanish flu pandemic started just as the great war was ending 20 million estimated lost there lives in the great war and just when that horror was ending the Pandemic took hold with no vaccines most people just had to carry on and it was estimated over 50 million lost there lives worldwide
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 13 Dec 2021, 17:52

Christ I'm beginning to feel a little insecure reading all that. I'm classed as extremely vulnerable. Think I'll Hatton all the hatches down and come out in 2026.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 Dec 2021, 18:45

Piquad1 wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 17:52 Christ I'm beginning to feel a little insecure reading all that. I'm classed as extremely vulnerable. Think I'll Hatton all the hatches down and come out in 2026.
no way i could do this i am in the twilight years 82 years old i am not classed as vulnerable if so i might think different i shall go about doing what i can do whilst i can

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 13 Dec 2021, 19:02

well done to Casmania, there should be no place for raving anti-vaxxers on this forum. Like the virus itself their crackpot views should be eradicated.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 13 Dec 2021, 19:31

alftupper wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 19:02 well done to Casmania, there should be no place for raving anti-vaxxers on this forum. Like the virus itself their crackpot views should be eradicated.
👍🏻

Derbyshiretiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Derbyshiretiger » 14 Dec 2021, 08:54

alftupper wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 19:02 well done to Casmania, there should be no place for raving anti-vaxxers on this forum. Like the virus itself their crackpot views should be eradicated.
Heard the other day (not sure if true) a large percentage of hospitalised now with covid have not been vaccinated. I'm not old (well 52 lol) and not classed as vulnerable but I'm triple vaxxed . I just don't get it I really don't. I do believe the earth is flat though lol. I work in care support and I fully back people losing their jobs if they refuse the vaccine. I also believe it should be spread further. If your not vaccinated you can't go on holiday, go to the pub, theatre, cinema sporting events, anywhere more vulnerable people need protecting. Hit em where it hurts

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 14 Dec 2021, 09:37

Derbyshiretiger wrote: 14 Dec 2021, 08:54
Heard the other day (not sure if true) a large percentage of hospitalised now with covid have not been vaccinated. I'm not old (well 52 lol) and not classed as vulnerable but I'm triple vaxxed . I just don't get it I really don't. I do believe the earth is flat though lol. I work in care support and I fully back people losing their jobs if they refuse the vaccine. I also believe it should be spread further. If your not vaccinated you can't go on holiday, go to the pub, theatre, cinema sporting events, anywhere more vulnerable people need protecting. Hit em where it hurts
👍🏻

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 14 Dec 2021, 17:08

Definitely with you on this one make online shopping the only way for them the selfish dick heads

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 14 Dec 2021, 17:31

on the funny side a mate of mine when we could first have the jab when i asked him are you having the jab his answer was they can put it in both my eyes before I miss it

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 14 Dec 2021, 17:37

Lol.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 14 Dec 2021, 18:42

Daughter works in a hospital.
THe trust sends emails every Thursday with weekly figures on how many are in hospital with Covid , and how many are in critical care with.
I was surprised last week on how low they were.
Double figures on one, and single figures on the other.