Wheldon Road

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Wheldon Road

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Nov 2021, 18:07

Yeah that's true ....just think we have to be upbeat and go for it with all we can
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 26 Nov 2021, 11:05

derbystiger wrote: 25 Nov 2021, 12:32 Give Axiom the plans on what we want doing to WR - tell them to get it done and then, when it’s complete, inspected and signed off as satisfactory we’ll hand over to them the 2 million as our contribution.
I'd be very happy with that.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 26 Nov 2021, 11:16

mart0042 wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 11:05
derbystiger wrote: 25 Nov 2021, 12:32 Give Axiom the plans on what we want doing to WR - tell them to get it done and then, when it’s complete, inspected and signed off as satisfactory we’ll hand over to them the 2 million as our contribution.
I'd be very happy with that.
that would be great if things were that easy

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 26 Nov 2021, 11:27

Blackbulltiger wrote: 25 Nov 2021, 15:06
mart0042 wrote: 25 Nov 2021, 11:20 It's a matter of who blinks first. Axiom can only open the shopping centre and park, after our new ground is completed and keys handed over. Why would we roll over for a few million, when we need either a new ground or WR bringing up to what will be needed to stay in super League?

If they want us to give up on the new stadium then they make the offer we can't refuse. I hope we have some good negotiators for this. This is a once in a generation chance.
Who ever owns Axiam this false company have played the waiting game once the present planning runs out in about 12months a think .They can put in different planning for the site we won't get a penny off them Castleford no this why they have given up on it and excepted the two million from council but what are you going do with just 2million won't be alot on the ground it's self .
Since they did the bit of concrete with a bolt in it, didn't it extend the planning permission? I was under the impression they got another few years extension.

Also, changing the name or downing the company would have been the easy thing for the Newmarket land owners and avoid the negative press but they continued and are now paying for or towards wakeys rebuild. Seems strange that Axiom would do that.

Why would the planning committee pass a new application without support, which would be needed for a new application, that's either as Axiom or a new company? It is green belt land but only made brown field for the only planning made, but for other purposes.

If they lost and went to the ombudsman/secretary of state, there's many MPs in high positions to knock as it means their very jobs. Denise Jeffrey has been very vocal and so has Yvette Cooper. It's not in their interest.

If it all went belly up, we could use the 2m for legal costs to argue the s106.

Can't see us losing this one and the Newmarket case would be very relevant and shows a win.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Nov 2021, 12:00

We will have to see how well we negotiate and hold are nerve to see if we get the same kind of amount that Wakefield are getting but the idea that Axiom would rarther wait another 5 years ...go to court ...fight a battle in parliament rarther than agree a few now so they can get on doing what they want to do with the land is frankly laughable
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 26 Nov 2021, 12:22

As I’ve said before they will have to make a contribution to the community for any green belt planning permission. There would be no point in them going to anyone to argue against that.
The only point at issue as I see it could be the amount.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 26 Nov 2021, 12:44

tigerfeat wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 12:00 We will have to see how well we negotiate and hold are nerve to see if we get the same kind of amount that Wakefield are getting but the idea that Axiom would rarther wait another 5 years ...go to court ...fight a battle in parliament rarther than agree a few now so they can get on doing what they want to do with the land is frankly laughable
Damn straight. Axiom will want it sorting ASAP. If their funding is from a pension fund, it's gaining nothing now and even less waiting another 5 years.

It's clear Axiom have a plan and to get anywhere near it means they need Cas Tigers and it's supporters on their side not acting against them. Backed up by the council and the MPs

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 26 Nov 2021, 12:56

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 12:22 As I’ve said before they will have to make a contribution to the community for any green belt planning permission. There would be no point in them going to anyone to argue against that.
The only point at issue as I see it could be the amount.
It's pretty simple, it's a matter of numbers.

If the shopping centre was going to make them X and the cost of the new ground is 15m. Then what is the new planning going to make them. If it goes for housing it's going to be considerably more. So 15m wouldn't be an issue.

Ultimately, if there's little profit, they wouldn't be doing it. They are looking to get rid of us to do something with the land earmarked specifically for the stadium. We hold the better hand here. If they give us even one pound less than 15m, they've saved money.

I know I'm upbeat, but our club will be the only one or one of the few to make a profit during the last year. We must be pretty good somewhere. We have some talented people involved in the club. It is the life blood of Castleford and Axiom know this and will want to be part of it not against it.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 Nov 2021, 13:19

When’s all this gonna start like.
Next year.
Year after.
Year after that.
We can go on and on.
We need a concrete timescale.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 26 Nov 2021, 13:36

old cas lass wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 13:19 When’s all this gonna start like.
Next year.
Year after.
Year after that.
We can go on and on.
I'm putting two and two together and getting 14! with the last three fixtures next season being away, that's when I think they're gonna start work on the upgrade, giving us a slightly longer off-season to complete it!

Now then, where's my tablets..? :?

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 26 Nov 2021, 13:39

mart0042 wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 11:27
Blackbulltiger wrote: 25 Nov 2021, 15:06
mart0042 wrote: 25 Nov 2021, 11:20 It's a matter of who blinks first. Axiom can only open the shopping centre and park, after our new ground is completed and keys handed over. Why would we roll over for a few million, when we need either a new ground or WR bringing up to what will be needed to stay in super League?

If they want us to give up on the new stadium then they make the offer we can't refuse. I hope we have some good negotiators for this. This is a once in a generation chance.
Who ever owns Axiam this false company have played the waiting game once the present planning runs out in about 12months a think .They can put in different planning for the site we won't get a penny off them Castleford no this why they have given up on it and excepted the two million from council but what are you going do with just 2million won't be alot on the ground it's self .
Since they did the bit of concrete with a bolt in it, didn't it extend the planning permission? I was under the impression they got another few years extension.

Also, changing the name or downing the company would have been the easy thing for the Newmarket land owners and avoid the negative press but they continued and are now paying for or towards wakeys rebuild. Seems strange that Axiom would do that.

Why would the planning committee pass a new application without support, which would be needed for a new application, that's either as Axiom or a new company? It is green belt land but only made brown field for the only planning made, but for other purposes.

If they lost and went to the ombudsman/secretary of state, there's many MPs in high positions to knock as it means their very jobs. Denise Jeffrey has been very vocal and so has Yvette Cooper. It's not in their interest.

If it all went belly up, we could use the 2m for legal costs to argue the s106.

Can't see us losing this one and the Newmarket case would be very relevant and shows a win.
the same happened over here (on a much smaller scheme) and the 5 years started back from the beginning after they laid 3 manholes.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 26 Nov 2021, 17:14

It’s just a way of stopping a planning permission lapsing. Whatever they put has to be in compliance with the original permission though unless the Council agree a variation or grant a new permission

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 26 Nov 2021, 17:49

God I wish they'd hurry up. My home club for over 60 yrs. When it finally happens I'll probably be gone. Cmon get a move on if I see a little bit about f development I'll be happy. C o y f.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 26 Nov 2021, 17:50

Little bit of. Should have been lol.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 26 Nov 2021, 18:59

Piquad1 wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 17:49 God I wish they'd hurry up. My home club for over 60 yrs. When it finally happens I'll probably be gone. Cmon get a move on if I see a little bit about f development I'll be happy. C o y f.
same as you mate well over 60 years watching CAS please let me see my bricks in a wall

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 26 Nov 2021, 19:53

gateman wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 18:59
Piquad1 wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 17:49 God I wish they'd hurry up. My home club for over 60 yrs. When it finally happens I'll probably be gone. Cmon get a move on if I see a little bit about f development I'll be happy. C o y f.
same as you mate well over 60 years watching CAS please let me see my bricks in a wall
me too, time it was sorted.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 29 Nov 2021, 12:36

old cas lass wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 13:19 When’s all this gonna start like.
Next year.
Year after.
Year after that.
We can go on and on.
Just some concrete would be great 😉

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 29 Nov 2021, 14:28

The resilience fund given the go ahead.