New stadium

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: New stadium

Post by gateman » 13 Nov 2021, 13:36

having brought bricks for our new Stadium the club could have my permission to spend the money on improvements at Weldon road i should think there are a number who would do the same, at the ripe old age of 82 there is no way i will see this money used in a new stadium

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 14 Nov 2021, 09:22

gateman wrote: 12 Nov 2021, 10:12 with a new stadium being that far away, what can we expect RE improvements to our beloved Weldon road when we return ?
Hasn't it been said that Radfords had the lads painting Wheldon road?
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 14 Nov 2021, 10:04

I heard that Lee had been painting i dont know about the lads

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 17 Nov 2021, 21:22

I see Wakey have the finances in place so once planning permission is in place there revamp will be good to go. This funding i believe also includes a decent sized contribution from the council coffers. We need to be all over this demanding the same from Axiom and the council. Sitting around waiting is not good enough, there is plenty of mood music around within the game saying licensing will be returning, in fact it is even stated in Wakeys planning documents that that’s the plan. We need to get moving with some development otherwise our super league place will be at serious risk.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 17 Nov 2021, 23:28

The Firm wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 21:22 I see Wakey have the finances in place so once planning permission is in place there revamp will be good to go. This funding i believe also includes a decent sized contribution from the council coffers. We need to be all over this demanding the same from Axiom and the council. Sitting around waiting is not good enough, there is plenty of mood music around within the game saying licensing will be returning, in fact it is even stated in Wakeys planning documents that that’s the plan. We need to get moving with some development otherwise our super league place will be at serious risk.
I thought we were well on the way to getting the old girl sorted out with Radders and his trusty paintbrush :D

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 17 Nov 2021, 23:31

The Firm wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 21:22 I see Wakey have the finances in place so once planning permission is in place there revamp will be good to go. This funding i believe also includes a decent sized contribution from the council coffers. We need to be all over this demanding the same from Axiom and the council. Sitting around waiting is not good enough, there is plenty of mood music around within the game saying licensing will be returning, in fact it is even stated in Wakeys planning documents that that’s the plan. We need to get moving with some development otherwise our super league place will be at serious risk.
Yep enjoy the last few years in super league.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 Nov 2021, 23:35

it we could have a part of what the council have given Wakey over the years to bail them our we could revamp Weldon road

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 17 Nov 2021, 23:38

gateman wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 23:35 it we could have a part of what the council have given Wakey over the years to bail them our we could revamp Weldon road
Here we go, ground for a £1 anyone?

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 Nov 2021, 23:59

JIN JER wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 23:38
gateman wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 23:35 it we could have a part of what the council have given Wakey over the years to bail them our we could revamp Weldon road
Here we go, ground for a £1 anyone?
now your talking mate

pat
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by pat » 18 Nov 2021, 00:11

We are stuck in no mans land until they say there’s not going to be a new ground how can you plan for anything else they will not spend on the jungle while ever they think there’s a chance of a new stadium. It’s a dangerous game when the RL are wanting a 10 team league with 2 french teams in it we will be gone.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Nov 2021, 08:51

Your right let's hope were acting now behind the scenes and not waiting for a miracle to happen that's been dead in the water for sometime now
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Nov 2021, 09:59

pat wrote: 18 Nov 2021, 00:11 We are stuck in no mans land until they say there’s not going to be a new ground how can you plan for anything else they will not spend on the jungle while ever they think there’s a chance of a new stadium. It’s a dangerous game when the RL are wanting a 10 team league with 2 french teams in it we will be gone.
The game will soon be gone with only 8 English teams in the top flight, particularly as a number of those clubs are currently in trouble due to having unsustainable financial profiles because they got involved in new Stadiums

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Nov 2021, 10:24

the ones that are sharing stadiums are walking a tight rope all three are not very financialy strong i can see the game going back to part time i watched it then and still loved it

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Nov 2021, 10:45

New stadia have done nothing for the likes of Leigh, Widnes and Salford. The time is not right now in terms of the economy. Our priority IMO should be essential Health and Safety plus toilets and changing rooms (unless Radford has already sorted those out).

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 18 Nov 2021, 11:11

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 18 Nov 2021, 10:45 New stadia have done nothing for the likes of Leigh, Widnes and Salford. The time is not right now in terms of the economy. Our priority IMO should be essential Health and Safety plus toilets and changing rooms (unless Radford has already sorted those out).
The emphasis from the club with respect to the planned new stadium was about how limited WR is as a modern day stadia. With limited income streams.
The supporting planning documentation was titled 'Thrive not survive' which sums everything up.
Warringtons new stadium has been the making of them financially.
St. Helens released a statement stating their new stadium is having a significant input into increased revenue.
Headingley has been revamped, and has fabulous facilities. Which are being used extensively 365 days a year. Thus, increasing revenue - especially non rugby related income - substantially.

Steve Gill publicly stated in 2015, we would be in the new stadium for the start of 2017.
Nearly 5 years down the line..... nothing!
It really is time for an update.... or maybe a bit of honesty as to exactly where we are.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 18 Nov 2021, 11:13

WMDC, have not given Wakefield anything, they were loans, as is the new loan for the stadium revamp.
Cas have also had loans from WMDC.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Nov 2021, 11:20

toilets at Weldon road have been brought up two many times to mention only to fall on deaf ears, Radford must have been shocked with the state of the changing rooms to get the paint brush out, I went to Feath a couple of years ago before Normanton were due to play a couple of days later there were three old guys sat having a cup of tea on talking to them they said they came down most days to do bits of jobs that wanted doing,

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 18 Nov 2021, 12:21

gateman wrote: 18 Nov 2021, 11:20 toilets at Weldon road have been brought up two many times to mention only to fall on deaf ears, Radford must have been shocked with the state of the changing rooms to get the paint brush out, I went to Feath a couple of years ago before Normanton were due to play a couple of days later there were three old guys sat having a cup of tea on talking to them they said they came down most days to do bits of jobs that wanted doing,
Whilst Powell is apparently in awe of just how good the Warrington facilities are and can't believe how state of the art they are. Go figure.

Whatever any one says, facilities or lack of will always hold us back on and off the field.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Nov 2021, 12:38

Casmania wrote: 18 Nov 2021, 11:11
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 18 Nov 2021, 10:45 New stadia have done nothing for the likes of Leigh, Widnes and Salford. The time is not right now in terms of the economy. Our priority IMO should be essential Health and Safety plus toilets and changing rooms (unless Radford has already sorted those out).
The emphasis from the club with respect to the planned new stadium was about how limited WR is as a modern day stadia. With limited income streams.
The supporting planning documentation was titled 'Thrive not survive' which sums everything up.
Warringtons new stadium has been the making of them financially.
St. Helens released a statement stating their new stadium is having a significant input into increased revenue.
Headingley has been revamped, and has fabulous facilities. Which are being used extensively 365 days a year. Thus, increasing revenue - especially non rugby related income - substantially.

Steve Gill publicly stated in 2015, we would be in the new stadium for the start of 2017.
Nearly 5 years down the line..... nothing!
It really is time for an update.... or maybe a bit of honesty as to exactly where we are.
I don’t disagree about the three you mention, but they are the exception and in the case of Headingley I hope Leeds income streams are totally separate to those of Yorkshire cricket.
I also want a new stadium but the economy is in the wrong place currently for that to happen. In my opinion Cas need to concentrate on on the field product to survive in Superleague in the short term. There are a lot of clubs in greater danger because of stadia which generate expenditure but little or no income, as clubs like Widnes and Salford know and, I suspect Hull, Huddersfield and Wigan too.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 18 Nov 2021, 12:42

gateman wrote: 18 Nov 2021, 11:20 toilets at Weldon road have been brought up two many times to mention only to fall on deaf ears, Radford must have been shocked with the state of the changing rooms to get the paint brush out, I went to Feath a couple of years ago before Normanton were due to play a couple of days later there were three old guys sat having a cup of tea on talking to them they said they came down most days to do bits of jobs that wanted doing,
Someone I know may well have been one of those gentlemen. He spends a lot of time at the ground doing exactly what you say and in return, he gets tickets to games.

The latter would probably stop our penny pinching board from ever considering allowing 'volunteers' to assist down t'lane but it is a very simple idea that sees both sides gain benefits.