2022 Squad

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: 2022 Squad

Post by Fumper27 » 08 Nov 2021, 13:40

gateman wrote: 02 Nov 2021, 17:39
Mucky1978 wrote: 02 Nov 2021, 15:29 Next Monday is the first day back.
what odds are the bookies giving on Feki being there ??
He’s on the photos posted to Twitter this morning. Was an upper body shot so both legs may be in casts!!!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 08 Nov 2021, 14:19

Fumper27 wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 13:40
gateman wrote: 02 Nov 2021, 17:39
Mucky1978 wrote: 02 Nov 2021, 15:29 Next Monday is the first day back.
what odds are the bookies giving on Feki being there ??
He’s on the photos posted to Twitter this morning. Was an upper body shot so both legs may be in casts!!!
Face looks a bit chunky, looks to have put a bit of weight on (in his face).

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 08 Nov 2021, 15:25

Purely for his well being, I hope Feki can play a considerable number of games for us this season. Time will tell whether the wait was worth it but that is now largely irrelevant.

Any Leeds Utd fans will be aware of the trauma Adam Forshaw has suffered over the last few years and it was great to see him play almost the full game yesterday. Just being able to get out on the pitch and play must be a huge relief.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 08 Nov 2021, 19:17

Feki, 4/5 months away from being fit.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/r ... Cdub1CF-H0

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 09 Nov 2021, 13:16

I read that article and cannot believe it has taken until now to let the fans know just how serious this is. Yes, I am aware these types of injuries take time but we're almost 10 months since it happened and he's only just out of the protective boot wearing phase.

Seems there's an awful long way to go and a lot of rehab still to do. I wish him all the best and can only make a vague assessment of how this has impacted his mental strength.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Nov 2021, 13:29

I agree seems there may be a more open approach to letting the fans in the loop on what's going on than we had with the previous regime
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 10 Nov 2021, 11:09

FIat Capper wrote: 09 Nov 2021, 13:16 I read that article and cannot believe it has taken until now to let the fans know just how serious this is. Yes, I am aware these types of injuries take time but we're almost 10 months since it happened and he's only just out of the protective boot wearing phase.

Seems there's an awful long way to go and a lot of rehab still to do. I wish him all the best and can only make a vague assessment of how this has impacted his mental strength.
I would suggest that putting the update out on feki is hardly going to help him, with most of the posters here wanting rid.

Also I'm pretty sure the club and Radford have discussed his and the rest of the squads future and made a decision. If they wanted rid they could have paid him up and released him. If the club don't have the money then we have to work within budget.

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 14 Nov 2021, 10:44

Show 'n' Go wrote: 30 Oct 2021, 13:57
Dennis Vazquez wrote: 30 Oct 2021, 11:43
Show 'n' Go wrote: 30 Oct 2021, 11:22 I don't get the crying out for a new 6/7 and a "Nasty Prop". If we can get a 9,6,7 & 1 that is settled we'll be fine. Last year we must have had about 20 different combinations for our spin. Chopping & changing that much does nothing for our attack. If we can keep Niall, Danny, Truey & Macca on the pitch for as long as possible we'll be alright!

As for the prop, I think we're pretty stocked in that department. Watts, Sui, Massey, Lawler, Hepi, Griffin, Hall & Martin are more than enough. Lets say we brought in Kane Evans as our big nasty prop, people would be buzzing. Until he has one of his brain farts and gets banned for 3 games and we're on here moaning we've wasted money.

I think our recruitment this year has been some of our best for a very long time. If we add Zak to the mix, great, it makes us stronger. If not, our 1-17 if fit will compete with any team!
Not interested in Evans. I want as direct a Millo replacement as poss. Decent hands if poss but someone who can do big minutes and hard yards. Griffin is not a prop. We have Watts, Smith, Matagi and Massey.

We have it'll experience in halves other than the makeshift GOB who has filled in well but is suspect with getting hammered. Seems a lightweight bunch with Trueman's back, Richardson and McLelland. Cannot see silverware with that halfback combo.
I think Smith is a fair replacement for Millo. Makes good yards, good feet, great hands and can do big minutes! I think we would all love a top class half, but we don't have the money for that. We can't do what Catalans have done and go out and throw money at Mitchell Pearce. But look at Truey/Danny at the start of 2020 they were playing well together and we were playing good rugby.
Agree Smith plays that sort of role too but he did that whilst Millo was here. We have lost a hugely experienced front rower and not brought any front rowers in.
Rumours of Westerman or Lawler being used at prop are out there but who knows. I am no expert but I feel we are short of a prop especially seeing as how many knocks they can pick up (Matagi and Watts) and with uncertainty over Trueman and the players we have as our halfbacks- we could be found wanting with the quality of that section of our squad.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 14 Nov 2021, 11:35

our Squad for me is better than most if you ask fans of other clubs they all think positions need strenthening keep out lads fit we will be up amongst them

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 14 Nov 2021, 14:18

Much will depend on the halfbacks where we look weak and we have lost hell of a lot of experience
throughout the side who had given so much to the club.
We also look weaker in the front row with Millo retiring, and we never really replaced Moors with a like for like player. We really need Watts to find the form of 3 seasons ago as he hasn't had an influential performance over the past couple of years and more from Matagi than the odd couple of good drives per game.
If things go well for Radders with a bit of luck on the injury front we may have an outside chance of making the six, but it will be a big ask.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 14 Nov 2021, 14:40

Sharlotiger wrote: 14 Nov 2021, 14:18 Much will depend on the halfbacks where we look weak and we have lost hell of a lot of experience
throughout the side who had given so much to the club.
We also look weaker in the front row with Millo retiring, and we never really replaced Moors with a like for like player. We really need Watts to find the form of 3 seasons ago as he hasn't had an influential performance over the past couple of years and more from Matagi than the odd couple of good drives per game.
If things go well for Radders with a bit of luck on the injury front we may have an outside chance of making the six, but it will be a big ask.
Nail on head.
Watts, for some reason asnt full filled his potential like 2/3 years ago. That might be down to injury and illness.
Matagi, only does 2/3 blockbuster drives. Need more from him, also more minutes on the field, if he’s capable.
Smith, imo, plays in fits and starts. Needs to be more consistent, maybe radford can sort that out.

Would love a Walmsley type player.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 14 Nov 2021, 19:44

Im hoping Radford gets some our forwards playing with aggression, i always felt like Powell held them back from being aggressive and just concentrate on their games but then you get bullying by the likes of Wigan, St n Catalan.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 15 Nov 2021, 15:16

With how Radfords hull teams have played I expect our wingers and centres to do more donkey work than normal.fonua,faraimo and olpherts especially

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Nov 2021, 08:10

Olpherts did a lot of donkey work getting us out of our own half under Powell
It is his work at the other end of the field that as always concerned me mate
Vince Lombardi

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 16 Nov 2021, 13:40

Team for first week if everyone fit would be for me
Evalds
Faraimo
Mamo
Turner
Fonua
Trueman
O’Brien
Watts
McShane (c)
Massey
Edwards
Lawler
Westerman

Matagi
Sutcliffe
Smith
Milner

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Nov 2021, 14:06

I agree Massey will be starting prop I think Radders will start with Trueman and Richardson and I'd play Turner and Eden they were good together until Powell to most peoples shock broke them up and brought Shenton back
Vince Lombardi

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 16 Nov 2021, 15:57

Dennis Vazquez wrote: 14 Nov 2021, 10:44
Show 'n' Go wrote: 30 Oct 2021, 13:57
Dennis Vazquez wrote: 30 Oct 2021, 11:43
Show 'n' Go wrote: 30 Oct 2021, 11:22 I don't get the crying out for a new 6/7 and a "Nasty Prop". If we can get a 9,6,7 & 1 that is settled we'll be fine. Last year we must have had about 20 different combinations for our spin. Chopping & changing that much does nothing for our attack. If we can keep Niall, Danny, Truey & Macca on the pitch for as long as possible we'll be alright!

As for the prop, I think we're pretty stocked in that department. Watts, Sui, Massey, Lawler, Hepi, Griffin, Hall & Martin are more than enough. Lets say we brought in Kane Evans as our big nasty prop, people would be buzzing. Until he has one of his brain farts and gets banned for 3 games and we're on here moaning we've wasted money.

I think our recruitment this year has been some of our best for a very long time. If we add Zak to the mix, great, it makes us stronger. If not, our 1-17 if fit will compete with any team!
Not interested in Evans. I want as direct a Millo replacement as poss. Decent hands if poss but someone who can do big minutes and hard yards. Griffin is not a prop. We have Watts, Smith, Matagi and Massey.

We have it'll experience in halves other than the makeshift GOB who has filled in well but is suspect with getting hammered. Seems a lightweight bunch with Trueman's back, Richardson and McLelland. Cannot see silverware with that halfback combo.
I think Smith is a fair replacement for Millo. Makes good yards, good feet, great hands and can do big minutes! I think we would all love a top class half, but we don't have the money for that. We can't do what Catalans have done and go out and throw money at Mitchell Pearce. But look at Truey/Danny at the start of 2020 they were playing well together and we were playing good rugby.
Agree Smith plays that sort of role too but he did that whilst Millo was here. We have lost a hugely experienced front rower and not brought any front rowers in.
Rumours of Westerman or Lawler being used at prop are out there but who knows. I am no expert but I feel we are short of a prop especially seeing as how many knocks they can pick up (Matagi and Watts) and with uncertainty over Trueman and the players we have as our halfbacks- we could be found wanting with the quality of that section of our squad.
I can’t believe that Smith could be mentioned as a fair replacement for Millington.
Smith is not in the same class. He doesn’t have a ball playing props brain and is a plodding prop in comparison.
smith couldn’t lace Millo’s boots.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 16 Nov 2021, 18:49

Mucky1978 wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 13:40 Team for first week if everyone fit would be for me
Evalds
Faraimo
Mamo
Turner
Fonua
Trueman
O’Brien
Watts
McShane (c)
Massey
Edwards
Lawler
Westerman

Matagi
Sutcliffe
Smith
Milner
If Eden’s fit I’d want him playing

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 Nov 2021, 19:09

it used to be in DP we trust here is hoping six months into the season we are saying in Radders we trust only time will tell

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 16 Nov 2021, 21:31

Week 1 for me...

Evalds
Faraimo
Fonua
Mamo
Eden/Feki/Olpherts?
Trueman