Opinion On Radford

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Opinion On Radford

Post by tigerfeat » 07 Nov 2021, 08:34

Time to judge Radders will be at the end of next season but so far he's said and done the right things he will be desperate to prove himself after the way it ended at Hull you don't get too many chances he's got a strong squad to work with im hopeful he will be a success down lane
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Casforthecup
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casforthecup » 07 Nov 2021, 08:55

We are already one step ahead, by having a coach that people have to impress rather than one that’s leaving at the end of the season.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 Nov 2021, 09:05

Yes it's never a good idea to announce the coach is leaving with the whole season ahead of you bad things tend to happen tho having said that we came close to winning the CC
Vince Lombardi

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 07 Nov 2021, 09:49

Will personally give Radders 2 years.

IMO he’s still got 2-3 at the club who he probably doesn’t want.

Imagine what cap space Blair and feki are taking up which will be free for the 2023 season.

Think this could be Clare’s Olpherts milner and maybe Richardson’s last year at the club.

Would imagine for 2023 we can get a good half back and prop for what Blair and feki are on

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 07 Nov 2021, 10:07

Agree that he’s still got a few he’s rather not have. However, I think Milner will be here a bit longer given Radford gave him a 2 year deal in august.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 07 Nov 2021, 10:18

Tigersbarmy wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 09:49 Will personally give Radders 2 years.

Imagine what cap space Blair and feki are taking up which will be free for the 2023 season.

Think this could be Clare’s Olpherts milner and maybe Richardson’s last year at the club.

Would imagine for 2023 we can get a good half back and prop for what Blair and feki are on
He spoke well of Richardson in an interview I saw yesterday

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 07 Nov 2021, 12:59

Was in the crowd at Man United yesterday, he will have to work twice as hard to impress me now!!

No I’ve been impressed by him so far, it’s the most optimistic I’ve been ahead of a season for a long time.

Casforthecup
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casforthecup » 07 Nov 2021, 18:36

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 10:18
Tigersbarmy wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 09:49 Will personally give Radders 2 years.

He spoke well of Richardson in an interview I saw yesterday
[/quote

He said that Danny spoke well.

I took this to mean that Richardson was able to clearly explain how he is most effective as a halfback and reading between the lines I assume he wasn’t Always happy with the way he was used by Powell. In addition, just to add I think he comes in for some unfair stick. For a lot of games last season he was the only recognised half and that is so easy to defend against for a good defensive side.

KnockerNorton

Post by KnockerNorton » 08 Nov 2021, 08:24

Lee bases his game on power and kicks ala Bradford 2000's style, it worked for us at certain times and not when playing against the teams best able to combat that style. In truth, most of us at Hull felt he needed to go 18 months earlier than he did. We had no real consistency and the gap between our best and worst was sometimes 70 points, we have the worst defeats on record (several too) under Lee, but he is great at knockout rugby, hence the 2 cup wins and is a dedicated guy who gives his all. He can spot a player too, when we signed Connor nobody got excited but Radders saw something which did turn out to be true, same with Carlos Tuimivave, Chris Satae and Ligi Sao, so if he's given time and has the cap space, he'll build you a good squad, the only flaw being he doesn't appear to coach any other way than power and kick.

the changeling
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by the changeling » 08 Nov 2021, 10:09

KnockerNorton wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 08:24 Lee bases his game on power and kicks ala Bradford 2000's style, it worked for us at certain times and not when playing against the teams best able to combat that style. In truth, most of us at Hull felt he needed to go 18 months earlier than he did. We had no real consistency and the gap between our best and worst was sometimes 70 points, we have the worst defeats on record (several too) under Lee, but he is great at knockout rugby, hence the 2 cup wins and is a dedicated guy who gives his all. He can spot a player too, when we signed Connor nobody got excited but Radders saw something which did turn out to be true, same with Carlos Tuimivave, Chris Satae and Ligi Sao, so if he's given time and has the cap space, he'll build you a good squad, the only flaw being he doesn't appear to coach any other way than power and kick.
He can coach em wearing pink wigs and tutus if it gets us the same two Challenge Cups as Hull.

DPs exciting style only got us good memories although i still regard the LLS winners as the true champions but thats a whole different thread

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 08 Nov 2021, 11:15

He may want to change the way we play and after some matches last year, when we wouldn't have scored if we'd played all week, we need another plan.

Hull have generally beaten us recently by a mid height kick into the space between our left second row and centre.

Which ever way he wants us to play, we still have some skill, pace and good offloaders. Oh and Macca.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 08 Nov 2021, 12:43

Hearing Feki was raring to go but he as stood on a stone in car park and will now miss the start of the season.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 08 Nov 2021, 14:20

Mucky1978 wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 12:43 Hearing Feki was raring to go but he as stood on a stone in car park and will now miss the start of the season.
Must be a big blood blister to miss the start of the season.
Get well soon :D

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 08 Nov 2021, 16:58

i have got the feeling RE Feki what we have not had we will not miss

Meat and potato pie

Post by Meat and potato pie » 08 Nov 2021, 19:27

Radders has said in today's YEP that Feki is 5 months away from full fitness

He also tried to sign him at Hull but he chose to sign for Cas.

He also says he sees him in another position.

Exiled
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Exiled » 16 Nov 2021, 14:29

Radford will be under a lot of pressure from the off. More than DP ever had whilst at Cas. DP came in to the club when expectations were very low by comparison and over the years built up a lot of good faith and patience with the supporters. A string of bad results for DP still had outrage from the fans and that is taking into account the former facts as stated. Radford will not have that grace, good will or patience from game 1 and if results don't go well the pressure will build.

I remember towards the back end of his tenure at the cods, where results were terrible for a long time and he did not have the ability to turn it around. Hopefully we do not have a bad start to the season and the inevitable sticky patches come once he has had time to build up some of his own good will with the fans.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 16 Nov 2021, 14:46

Exiled wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 14:29 Radford will be under a lot of pressure from the off. More than DP ever had whilst at Cas. DP came in to the club when expectations were very low by comparison and over the years built up a lot of good faith and patience with the supporters. A string of bad results for DP still had outrage from the fans and that is taking into account the former facts as stated. Radford will not have that grace, good will or patience from game 1 and if results don't go well the pressure will build.

I remember towards the back end of his tenure at the cods, where results were terrible for a long time and he did not have the ability to turn it around. Hopefully we do not have a bad start to the season and the inevitable sticky patches come once he has had time to build up some of his own good will with the fans.
Radford can't be under any more pressure with us, than he was at Hull. Personally, I think he handled his time at Hull well, I don't think he will be under the sort of stress here, as he was under Pearson, who was rumoured at one point, what sort of team he picked. He certainly won't get that hassle here, barring from fans.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Nov 2021, 12:00

Good piece by Richardson in the rugby paper saying how much the boys are enjoying the training high standard but fun to do as well
On a personal note he says what a big season it his for him to play well and earn a contract secure his future
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 22 Nov 2021, 12:26

i was not sure when we signed Lee but all i am hearing makes me feel very optimistic for next season, the proof will be in the pudding when play off time comes