Hardacre

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Hardacre

Post by old cas lass » 21 Oct 2021, 10:32

This is a rumour.
Not fact.

Could be rubbish.
We’ll see.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 21 Oct 2021, 12:42

Heard this about 4-6 weeks ago. One of many made up scenarios involving hardacre.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 21 Oct 2021, 23:18

don't know if this one is true, all i know is that zac is desperate to be back playing for cas.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Oct 2021, 07:21

He will be desperate to avoid the journey on the M62 as well at anytime during the day that place can turn into a mobile car park that's before you had on the incidents that occur on a regular basis , two all ready this week
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 22 Oct 2021, 10:08

I would be fuming if there's any truth in this. I would like Zak back as another option in our team but not in place of Evalds.

Wigan need to put plenty of money in their pocket if they want Evalds.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 22 Oct 2021, 10:12

Firstly, Zak being desperate to come back to Cas makes no sense. Yes it's closer to home but it'll cause some animosity with fans. Maybe Cas is the only viable choice.

Secondly, I can see a reasoning for the swap. Evalds was settled at Salford and might not like the commute either to Cas for work or to Salford to see family. I have no idea if he's moved over or not.

Thirdly, Zak wants to play fullback and this would fulfill that with Niall as the swap.

Fourthly, Jason Qereqere will be a world class fullback. He's more likely to leave playing 2nd, 3rd fiddle to Evalds and O'Brien. He'll be maybe 5 years away.

Fifthly, Evalds may not have been playing his best rugby like at Salford, but now has a Lance Todd trophy and is about to get an England cap. Would he have done this at Salford? Maybe, maybe not.
Personally, no swap for me unless there's a big wodge of cash and I mean an obscene amount.

Meat and potato pie

Post by Meat and potato pie » 22 Oct 2021, 10:25

He won't be returning to Castleford.

He was offered to Cas couple of months ago involving no swap and whilst Radford was open about signing him it was rejected at Board level.

We have also now signed Fonua to cover the position.

Let's move on.....

Source Dion Lowe Cas Director.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 22 Oct 2021, 10:34

Meat and potato pie wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 10:25 He won't be returning to Castleford.

He was offered to Cas couple of months ago involving no swap and whilst Radford was open about signing him it was rejected at Board level.

Let's move on.....

Awesome

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Oct 2021, 10:35

mart0042 wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 10:12 Firstly, Zak being desperate to come back to Cas makes no sense. Yes it's closer to home but it'll cause some animosity with fans. Maybe Cas is the only viable choice.

Secondly, I can see a reasoning for the swap. Evalds was settled at Salford and might not like the commute either to Cas for work or to Salford to see family. I have no idea if he's moved over or not.

Thirdly, Zak wants to play fullback and this would fulfill that with Niall as the swap.

Fourthly, Jason Qereqere will be a world class fullback. He's more likely to leave playing 2nd, 3rd fiddle to Evalds and O'Brien. He'll be maybe 5 years away.

Fifthly, Evalds may not have been playing his best rugby like at Salford, but now has a Lance Todd trophy and is about to get an England cap. Would he have done this at Salford? Maybe, maybe not.
Personally, no swap for me unless there's a big wodge of cash and I mean an obscene amount.
Agree with you about JQ he will be top class I hope he stays at Cas
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 22 Oct 2021, 11:12

tigerfeat wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 10:35
mart0042 wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 10:12 Firstly, Zak being desperate to come back to Cas makes no sense. Yes it's closer to home but it'll cause some animosity with fans. Maybe Cas is the only viable choice.

Agree with you about JQ he will be top class I hope he stays at Cas
If anyone will play him it will be Radford.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 22 Oct 2021, 11:29

Meat and potato pie wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 10:25 He won't be returning to Castleford.

Let's move on.....

best news yet, :clap:

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 22 Oct 2021, 15:36

yorky wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 11:29

Let's move on.....

Some will still argue that you're wrong and he's signed for 2 pork pies and a pack of haribo on a 3 year deal.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 22 Oct 2021, 15:36

yorky wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 11:29

Let's move on.....

And don't forget the mushy peas for the pies, its nearly bon fire night.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

Classysupercas6202
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Classysupercas6202 » 22 Oct 2021, 18:04

Let's move on.....

Would like him back but not at the expense of evalds

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 22 Oct 2021, 20:05

I'd rather he was at Cas than in a team playing against Cas. He's a class player. He doesnt seem to have gone off the rails at Wigan like at Cas. Older, wiser a dad etc maybe he's grown up at last ??

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 22 Oct 2021, 23:43

as far as i know niall has always lived in halifax so wigan would be a longer commute than salford.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 25 Oct 2021, 09:43

lurcher wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 23:43

as far as i know niall has always lived in halifax so wigan would be a longer commute than salford.
Tbf I wouldn't want either journey on the m62, going over the tops or passed junction 27.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 25 Oct 2021, 09:55

I wouldn't swap Evalds with any other FB in the league. His stats for last season were up there with Tomkins/Connor and he will only get better. Looked a threat on Sunday against France, every time he had the ball.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 25 Oct 2021, 10:09

I'm not sure where this praise for O'Connor is coming from. He's looked out of his depth all season. He looked slow and heavy legged. Jason Q made him look stupid. So many others did the same.

I would however have played him at centre for England in front of Lynne and hardaker.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 27 Oct 2021, 23:41

mart0042 wrote: 25 Oct 2021, 10:09 I'm not sure where this praise for O'Connor is coming from. He's looked out of his depth all season. He looked slow and heavy legged. Jason Q made him look stupid. So many others did the same.

I would however have played him at centre for England in front of Lynne and hardaker.
correct mate, seems to be easily beat on the outside.