Fev or Toulouse

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Fev or Toulouse

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Oct 2021, 08:02

Who do we want to win that one ...Fev have impressed me when I've seen them I'd fancy them to win next week
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Fev or Toulouse

Post by old cas lass » 03 Oct 2021, 09:08

100% Toulouse

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 03 Oct 2021, 12:23

Toulouse for me. Can’t stand Fev.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 03 Oct 2021, 13:01

Have to say that a strong French RL and National Team could help to start changing the global power balance for Rugby League

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 03 Oct 2021, 15:09

I’m torn on this one - I can’t stand Fev but I don’t want another French team in SL either

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 03 Oct 2021, 15:34

I’m not sure why the forum censors saw fit to lock Gateman’s topic covering the same subject.

Does the game really want another small unfashionable team from West Yorkshire in the competition? Much is made if the non existent away support but how many do the likes of Huddersfield bring to Cas? The prospect of a Catalan v Toulouse ‘Derby’ would certainly be more appealing than Cas v Fev to Sky and the wider public and I would think draw a bigger attendance. The game is dying a slow death in my opinion with long standing supporters like myself losing interest, Fev making it to SL would simply confirm the game has virtually moved nowhere since the 70’s

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Oct 2021, 15:45

Fev may need to invest in some new floodlights if they win it was very dark in one of the corners yesterday
Vince Lombardi

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 03 Oct 2021, 16:36

100% Fev. One French team In Sl is bad, 2 would be a disaster. They should play in their own League.

I am all for expansion, but it should be UK clubs in a UK League.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 03 Oct 2021, 16:56

stuey wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 16:36 100% Fev. One French team In Sl is bad, 2 would be a disaster. They should play in their own League.

I am all for expansion, but it should be UK clubs in a UK League.
Like I keep getting told stuey.
Its called the European super league. European being the operative word.
But I detest Fev so much, had some bad experiences in the past with their fans, I’d have anyone in bar them.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 03 Oct 2021, 17:39

Toulouse a done deal even before they play Fev.

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 04 Oct 2021, 09:11

While I quite like Catalans in the league there really needs to be more of an effort to get a french league up and running. Catalans have been successful for quite a while now and things should have been put in place years ago to kick start the beginnings of a professional league - yes it wouldn't happen overnight but it would be a lot more beneficial to the sport to have another country hosting a professional league.

Rugby League in this country is a catch all for any club no matter the distance. It's great that New York gets touted or a Canadian club etc but we should be working with them to build a structure in their country.

Back to the point though, Toulouse for me. Had enough problems with Fev over the years, keeping them in another league away from us will do me.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 04 Oct 2021, 10:04

The French League would be closer in coming if Toulouse get into super League. With 2 competitive teams you can form a League around then like rangers/Celtic or Real Madrid/Barcelona. Play in super League first then break off

If they could sort the league that you played both away on 2 weekends, an 8 day holiday watching CAS twice abroad would be great.

Anyone but Fev for me. Most of the ugly scenes I've seen in rugby have been to do with them.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 04 Oct 2021, 11:03

As a resident of Capperland I can assure you the prospect of regular derby's with my beloved neighbours does not fill me with glee.

However, I do believe that these 'old' derby's were the bedrock of our game and should have been built upon, not dismissed. Clubs like Fev have been brushed under the RFL carpet and I firmly believe this is part of the reason behind the demise of the game.

Support the game as it's core, allow these clubs to build and then seek to expand. I'm prepared to put up with the natural fertiliser if the game can grown from it.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 04 Oct 2021, 11:05

I remember when we played Featherstone in a pre-season game 2 or 3 year ago there was racial chants aimed at young Egodo something you don't hear inside rugby league grounds nowadays thinking I hope these never get into SL
Vince Lombardi

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 04 Oct 2021, 13:31

tigerfeat wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 11:05 I remember when we played Featherstone in a pre-season game 2 or 3 year ago there was racial chants aimed at young Egodo something you don't hear inside rugby league grounds nowadays thinking I hope these never get into SL
It’s the type of thing that’s always going to happen when you let Fev fans anywhere near humans.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 04 Oct 2021, 16:46

Under investigation again after the Halifax game on Saturday:-

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/rfl-set- ... use-43884/

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 04 Oct 2021, 17:20

tigerfeat wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 11:05 I remember when we played Featherstone in a pre-season game 2 or 3 year ago there was racial chants aimed at young Egodo something you don't hear inside rugby league grounds nowadays thinking I hope these never get into SL
Some of the things they were chanting that day were disgusting. I emailed the club after that game but never heard anything back. There’s no way do I want them in Super League - too many issues with their fans over the years. My Mum, whose a long standing season ticket holder, will never attend a game against them.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 04 Oct 2021, 17:38

derbystiger wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 17:20
Some of the things they were chanting that day were disgusting. I emailed the club after that game but never heard anything back. There’s no way do I want them in Super League - too many issues with their fans over the years. My Mum, whose a long standing season ticket holder, will never attend a game against them.
I’ll never go to post office road again.
I pray to god Toulouse smash em.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 04 Oct 2021, 22:23

i still smile ( i know i shouldn't) at an incident at fev. fev were playing leeds and as our kids team had played in the curtain raiser we decided to watch the main event. ray tennant was the ref and as a scrum was packing down and the crowd were fairly quiet a woman in the stand screamed "tennant, you cheating fascist cas b*$t*+d". the whole main stand applauded her but its the only time i've ever heard a ref called a fascist. :shock:
jo brand is eddie warings love child

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 04 Oct 2021, 23:47

Good debate this.

My view is that the core of the game has to be nurtured & in a healthy state before it can be expanded in a sustainable way.

With the right calibre of individuals running the gig, the game should now be bouyant in the northeast, the Midlands and Wales. Cumbria & London should also be thriving.

Instead, airtime is given to vanity projects across the Atlantic. Embarrassing.

The game has a terrible inferiority complex and almost begs to be given credibility. The interview with Tony Bellew was a great example. Fawning over someone who was at his second game, knew little about the sport and his son actually plays union - which all played out in an uncomfortable interview.

Need to get the basics right in the structure of the northern game before we tackle Europe. Worth remembering that Catalans were kept in SL a few years back in a very convoluted way. One of the the many decisions in recent times that cause giggles and confusion from potential converts from the watching public.

Fev for me on Sunday - with an acknowledgement that their fans have previous at numerous grounds & that could cause issues.