Michael shenton.

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Michael shenton.

Post by derbystiger » 27 Sep 2021, 20:15

Not happy! We should have offered him something.

Edit; That was a quick ‘knee jerk’ post - maybe we did make him an offer and he turned it down?
Last edited by derbystiger on 27 Sep 2021, 20:19, edited 1 time in total.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 27 Sep 2021, 20:19

derbystiger wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 20:15 Not happy! We should have offered him something.
100%.
Maybe hull have offered more brass.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 27 Sep 2021, 20:37

he kept it very quiet.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 27 Sep 2021, 20:56

Maybe they have not been interested in making him an offer that’s about par for Cas they will have lowered the wages bill after the departure of Moores, Millington, McMeeken Shenton, Holmes plus Gale and Peanut can’t see the incoming players being paid as much and nearly forgot Powell being on more than Radford I would think so will COVID be the main reason to blame for lack of more recruitment so far but all in all does not give me reason to see next season being all that good unless Blair and Feki move on and 2 decent signings can be added

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 27 Sep 2021, 21:39

laner wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 20:56 Maybe they have not been interested in making him an offer that’s about par for Cas they will have lowered the wages bill after the departure of Moores, Millington, McMeeken Shenton, Holmes plus Gale and Peanut can’t see the incoming players being paid as much and nearly forgot Powell being on more than Radford I would think so will COVID be the main reason to blame for lack of more recruitment so far but all in all does not give me reason to see next season being all that good unless Blair and Feki move on and 2 decent signings can be added
Gale left two years ago
Moors and Mcmeekan left 12 months ago
I’m pretty sure we made some signings to replace these players and confirmed that we were spending the full salary cap for the season

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 28 Sep 2021, 09:58

Strange one this. I was told he had no interest in coaching and was looking at the media work.

In regards the role, Radford has already filled the post.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 28 Sep 2021, 12:07

I'm sure there are a lot of factors in the decision, not least the fact Radders will want a coaching set up in line with his views and methods.

However, I would hope communication took place between Shenny, Radders and the Club long before all new appointments were made, just to explore possibilities, etc. If that has happened, the path has taken it's natural course.

Shenny did seem to make a difference to our performances when he was running on and off the pitch during his injury absence which coincided with our most successful spell this season. Just a thought.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 28 Sep 2021, 19:33

FIat Capper wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 12:07
Shenny did seem to make a difference to our performances when he was running on and off the pitch during his injury absence which coincided with our most successful spell this season. Just a thought.
100% agree, although more to do with the fact he wasn’t stinking the place out with his on field performance rather than his coaching prowess