Danny Richardson

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Danny Richardson

Post by HuddsTigers » 10 Jun 2021, 23:52

I feel sorry for Richardson. Our forwards are kids or playing garbage. There's no size, no punch, no domination in the middle of the park. Our attack is flat as a fart at times.

We badly need some size back and some people who can take the ball up alongside Watts.

He is a player that operates on space and speed in attack. Defensively he's weak but he's not getting anywhere in both ways at the moment, due to injuries and not recruiting for a plan B.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 11 Jun 2021, 03:14

Definitely agree hudds. Richardson has puddings like Griffin, peachy and Jsl in the pack that make no yards what so ever

Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Askham Tiger » 11 Jun 2021, 06:11

HuddsTigers wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 23:52 I feel sorry for Richardson. Our forwards are kids or playing garbage. There's no size, no punch, no domination in the middle of the park. Our attack is flat as a fart at times.

We badly need some size back and some people who can take the ball up alongside Watts.

He is a player that operates on space and speed in attack. Defensively he's weak but he's not getting anywhere in both ways at the moment, due to injuries and not recruiting for a plan B.
I partly agree. However a beaten pack doesn’t make your halfback:

Kick straight to the fullback on 4 occasions in the first half.
Pass it to Holmes on the last tackle. What on earth was that about?
Put a grubber into touch in the 2nd half when you’re 2 scores down!

Those are all things where it doesn’t matter if you’re playing behind 20 stone props or 10 stone ones, you’ve got the ball, you’ve got a few seconds to execute it properly, you’re calling the shots and it’s up to you to get it right.

Then there’s deciding to run it in like he’s a prop, by all means go to the line and dummy it seeking the gap....but don’t just run it in like you’re Adrian Morley especially against a big side like Hull.

He gave one of the worst passes I’ve ever seen where it went behind 2 players. Wouldn’t mind if the players were the other side of the pitch but he was literally 15ft away from them!

I feel for the guy, I really do, he’s clearly not in a good place but he’s being paid (probably) good money to do a job. He doesn’t create much , his kicking has gone downhill, poor defence, not very vocal, runs it in like he’s a 20 stone prop. Sorry but he’s the worst half I’ve seen at Cas since Sean Rudder. I’d much prefer us to give an academy half a go or even get in a solid experienced ‘been there done that’ Championship player for the rest of the season like Sammut.

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 11 Jun 2021, 06:13

Screw Jarrod sammut, we’ve got a young kid in our academy that could potentially be class ! Give him a go

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 11 Jun 2021, 07:18

HuddsTigers wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 23:52 I feel sorry for Richardson. Our forwards are kids or playing garbage. There's no size, no punch, no domination in the middle of the park. Our attack is flat as a fart at times.

I'm sorry but I disagree.

Even in the games we've had a stronger pack and back line playing hes just not good enough in attack or defence.

There's a reason Saints got rid and I now believe Cas and Powell have seen it too.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 11 Jun 2021, 07:19

old cas lass wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 23:43
Mucky1978 wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 23:30 He’s off to Leigh but only once we get a replacement in.
And where are we gonna get a top half back in at this time of the year/season.
Give George Williams a ring. He’s sat twiddling his thumbs.
Ask him if he wants to come play for the CC finalist until the end of the season.
:D
Stranger things have happened.
We won’t be getting a top half back just another plodder.

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 11 Jun 2021, 07:43

Mucky1978 wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 07:19
old cas lass wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 23:43
Mucky1978 wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 23:30 He’s off to Leigh but only once we get a replacement in.
And where are we gonna get a top half back in at this time of the year/season.
Give George Williams a ring. He’s sat twiddling his thumbs.
Ask him if he wants to come play for the CC finalist until the end of the season.
:D
Stranger things have happened.
We won’t be getting a top half back just another plodder.
To be fair a plodder would be an upgrade on the rabbit in the headlights Richardson we have at the moment.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Jun 2021, 08:32

Lost his confidence sad to see how he played last night
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 11 Jun 2021, 08:53

Are we saying that O’Brien should really just be a back up then if we are looking for a top half back to replace Richardson?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Jun 2021, 09:00

I'd be happy with Truey and GOB as starting halfs next year
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 11 Jun 2021, 09:00

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 08:53 Are we saying that O’Brien should really just be a back up then if we are looking for a top half back to replace Richardson?
Can’t rely on O’Brien he’s another crock.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 11 Jun 2021, 09:25

One thing I will say and which [REMOVED] me off watching the game back, was how many times the commentators mentioned he was surplus to requirement for next year. That can't be nice for his family watching at home, hearing that every time he touches the ball. Pretty unprofessional IMO, regardless of what we think about his performances.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 11 Jun 2021, 09:31

Fair comment

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 11 Jun 2021, 10:56

Yesterday was a perfect chance for him to prove a point and he did in emphatic style. It was probably the worst individual halfback performance since the Sean Rudder days. He made Jamie Ellis seem like Andrew Johns. The lad has proved time and time again that he isn’t good enough whether that is behind either a beaten pack or a dominant one and he has to be the worst defender in the league bar none. I’d imagine he is in our top ten earners as well so if there is anyone out there willing to take him then we should snatch their hand off.

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 11 Jun 2021, 12:37

Had to laugh at the end of the game when Wattsy saw DR ignored him, ran the line across the defence, dummied then dropped of Oggy for a smiple score, something DR had failed to do at any point in the previous 79 minutes.

As a previous poster said, this was a definate chance for DR to stake a claim as the starting number 7, he was poor from start to finish, and whilst I totally agree that its made significantly tougher behind a beaten pack, I actually thought our pack held its own for long parts of the game last night, so I'm not buying that as an excuse.

Sorry to say it, hoped he would grow into the role, but at the moment if he went I wouldnt loose any sleep over it.

Johnny A
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnny A » 11 Jun 2021, 14:51

Askham Tiger wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 06:11

Those are all things where it doesn’t matter if you’re playing behind 20 stone props or 10 stone ones, you’ve got the ball, you’ve got a few seconds to execute it properly, you’re calling the shots and it’s up to you to get it right.

Then there’s deciding to run it in like he’s a prop, by all means go to the line and dummy it seeking the gap....but don’t just run it in like you’re Adrian Morley especially against a big side like Hull.

He gave one of the worst passes I’ve ever seen where it went behind 2 players. Wouldn’t mind if the players were the other side of the pitch but he was literally 15ft away from them!

I feel for the guy, I really do, he’s clearly not in a good place but he’s being paid (probably) good money to do a job. He doesn’t create much , his kicking has gone downhill, poor defence, not very vocal, runs it in like he’s a 20 stone prop. Sorry but he’s the worst half I’ve seen at Cas since Sean Rudder. I’d much prefer us to give an academy half a go or even get in a solid experienced ‘been there done that’ Championship player for the rest of the season like Sammut.
Can I respectfully nominate Peter Coyne as worst ever half back signing? He was even slow at the checkout in GT Smith's in Kippax.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 11 Jun 2021, 16:06

Johnny A wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 14:51
Askham Tiger wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 06:11

Can I respectfully nominate Peter Coyne as worst ever half back signing? He was even slow at the checkout in GT Smith's in Kippax.
I will raise you Sean Rudder. Our amazing Aussie signing

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 11 Jun 2021, 18:24

Coyne and Rudder. Imagine that pairing!
Horrendously slow and predictable.
Definitely among worst I have seen.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 11 Jun 2021, 18:33

we have had our fingers burnt a number of times when going down under for recruits our latest two are an example , going back to Danny the lad does not look a patch on what i thought we had bought me among others was pleased when we signed him

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 11 Jun 2021, 18:40

gateman wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 18:33 we have had our fingers burnt a number of times when going down under for recruits our latest two are an example , going back to Danny the lad does not look a patch on what i thought we had bought me among others was pleased when we signed him
I feel bad bagging him but he really is not SL level from what I have seen. I was never particularly impressed with him at Saints. I've said it before: I hope he makes me look like an idiot and have to eat my own words but I just can't see it.