CC Final Tickets

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: CC Final Tickets

Post by on side » 08 Jun 2021, 18:57

Dennis Vazquez wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 17:40
Scoopage wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 16:58
Hepworth7 wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 16:01 If there are any attendance restrictions in place at all the 1865 Cup should be moved,why stretch ticket resources even further for what's effectively a warm up event.
Can’t believe that competition gets you to wembley tbh.headingley or halliwell maybe but not wembley
Ridiculous innit
Not ridiculous was great idea before covid. staduim was being half empty last ten years challenge cup was to boost the attendance make it look better on TV. If cas was in championship and got to Wembley can't see people complaining is just one off this year ticket situation but double header one off rlf better ideas try get Wembley back to near full

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 08 Jun 2021, 18:57

old cas lass wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 10:57 Last 3yrs

2019 62,7171

2018 50,672

2017 68,5252.
This is different OCL, Castleford are there, adds another 10,000 going. 😄😄😄

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 08 Jun 2021, 19:16

fast hands wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 18:57
old cas lass wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 10:57 Last 3yrs

2019 62,7171

2018 50,672

2017 68,5252.
This is different OCL, Castleford are there, adds another 10,000 going. 😄😄😄

Oni if BoJo let’s us.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 08 Jun 2021, 19:23

Wembley having a 22500 limit for Euros. Got to prove two doses of vaccine or a negative test to get in.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 08 Jun 2021, 19:34

The RFL has been sleepwalking for a year. Selling tickets during lockdown without considering that it could result in the problem we now have.

The 1895 cup idea has merits but it shouldn't result in clubs in the main event not having enough tickets for its core support - which is a much higher number than the season ticket count.

I'm preparing to be disappointed by not being able to get a ticket. I took 3 people with me in 2014 - all of who turned into southern RL converts & still follow the game.

In a year still heavily influenced by Covid, the 1895 cup should move to Headingley. Simple.

Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Askham Tiger » 08 Jun 2021, 19:36

Where is the Rugby League community spirit?!

We’ve just had a load of RL fans from around the UK from all leagues rally round the club signing the petition to get our academy licence reinstated, I personally know of a bunch of York fans who signed it. Now we are saying thanks but your game isn’t important. York haven’t been to Wembley since 1931, Featherstone since 1983, are we really going to begrudge a once in a lifetime opportunity for them to attend? Those clubs don’t even get any prize money, most players are part time and rarely get these chances. And by the way, the sponsor of the cup isn’t sponsoring it for fun, they are doing it for the exposure of playing the final at our national stadium. Try telling the sponsor thanks for your £150k but we are moving the game to Headingley and see the inevitable legal action.

I totally get that people will miss out and will be unhappy, but looking at capacity (22500 as things stand) and rumoured sales already (15000) that should nearly leave enough for every season ticket holder at all 4 clubs to have 1 ticket each.

Season Ticket Numbers (my estimate):
York 600-700 approx
Fev 1200-1300 approx
Cas 3000 (maybe someone has exact figures)
St Helens 5000 approx

A good chunk of York/Fev fans bought tickets for the final once the semi final draw was announced. And there will be ST holders of all 4 clubs who can’t attend (holiday/work/finances). It will be very close but I imagine every ST holder will get a ticket.

Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Askham Tiger » 08 Jun 2021, 19:41

As for the RFL, there seems to be a bit of confusion. They don’t set the capacity rules, the government do.

It’s not that difficult to understand: the capacity as set by the government is 22500, the Euros are what’s known as test events. If those test events with bigger crowds go successfully, the government (not the RFL) can choose to increase the capacity. Hopefully they will.

But at the end of the day all the RFL will be looking for is to make a profit - they won’t care if tickets were snapped up by Dave and his mates from Fryston, whether Chardonnay from Fev is doing a minibus or whether tickets went to schools or charities or businesses in London. They just want sold out signs (whatever the capacity is) and for it to be a financial success.

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 08 Jun 2021, 19:53

People in this country have really got to stand up to this ongoing farce Matt Hancock said today only 932 people in hospital of which only 200 odd needed any treatment rest cautionary. Now if you look on line england as 854 hospitals with 135,000 beds scotland 279 hospitals with 20,000 beds wales 83 hospitals with 10,000 beds now 932 patients is not really nhs at breaking point just woke press. Another fact the portugese minister about them going back to amber is a joke as he said they had done 100,000 tests at airport and only recorded 6 that's 6 positive tests. We are killing businesses/people's living while during this pandemic have made record number of billionaires as all top brass shareholders in these online companies and essential suppliers they don't want people to see what's really going on as can be seen with people reporting on dover for instance been warned if film anymore will face jail is supposed to be free press in this country don't just believe what woke press/msm tell you. Watch tierry bouday dutch mp in dutch parliament blow all this last few months apart with leaked document from 2010 predicting this in 2020 lookup operation lockstep from rockfellers research group in 2010 virtually predicts who thing from start then tell people if we are been played. So to sum up bring on freedom get country open and all those too scared to go out stay indoors no one's forcing you out.

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 08 Jun 2021, 20:11

The rfl have already stated that they have made provisions for the clubs involved...

One would have imagined they would have done this based on saints and Hull fc who have loads of season ticket holders...far more than we have... Which I think is about 2.25k.

The current capacity is 22.5k which is fixed for the first rounds of the euro championships which are the next two weeks. Which coincide with potential opening up... But I would imagine would be lifted in stages. Fingers crossed

We can only hope that the quarter final semi and final will be increased If not to full capacity maybe to 40 or 50 percent

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 08 Jun 2021, 20:19

Why are we still restricted at home games yet another indoor event with 5/6000 inside, we play in an open arena come on govt pull finger out by end of next week 4 out of 5 adults will have had 1 jab and 3 out of 5 had 2 jabs

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 08 Jun 2021, 20:29

Just on the subject on season ticket numbers we must have fewer than 3k...

Current capacity at cas is 12k do 25 percent capacity is 3k, and we are selling excess capacity... Of which there were say 500 ish in railway end

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 08 Jun 2021, 20:42

Askham Tiger wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 19:36 Where is the Rugby League community spirit?!

We’ve just had a load of RL fans from around the UK from all leagues rally round the club signing the petition to get our academy licence reinstated, I personally know of a bunch of York fans who signed it. Now we are saying thanks but your game isn’t important. York haven’t been to Wembley since 1931, Featherstone since 1983, are we really going to begrudge a once in a lifetime opportunity for them to attend? Those clubs don’t even get any prize money, most players are part time and rarely get these chances. And by the way, the sponsor of the cup isn’t sponsoring it for fun, they are doing it for the exposure of playing the final at our national stadium. Try telling the sponsor thanks for your £150k but we are moving the game to Headingley and see the inevitable legal action.

I totally get that people will miss out and will be unhappy, but looking at capacity (22500 as things stand) and rumoured sales already (15000) that should nearly leave enough for every season ticket holder at all 4 clubs to have 1 ticket each.

York 600-700 approx
Fev 1200-1300 approx
St Helens 5000 approx

A good chunk of York/Fev fans bought tickets for the final once the semi final draw was announced. And there will be ST holders of all 4 clubs who can’t attend (holiday/work/finances). It will be very close but I imagine every ST holder will get a ticket.
I get you and in many ways you are right. But if this results in Fev and York fans getting tickets above Cas or Saints ST holders for the 1895 Cup final then I can't agree at all.
No disparagement to either of those clubs but not justifiable at the expense of the main events' supporters.

Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Askham Tiger » 08 Jun 2021, 21:12

Dennis Vazquez wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 20:42
Askham Tiger wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 19:36 Where is the Rugby League community spirit?!

York 600-700 approx
Fev 1200-1300 approx
St Helens 5000 approx

I get you and in many ways you are right. But if this results in Fev and York fans getting tickets above Cas or Saints ST holders for the 1895 Cup final then I can't agree at all.
No disparagement to either of those clubs but not justifiable at the expense of the main events' supporters.
Yes I agree there, I’d expect season ticket holders of all 4 clubs to get a ticket. The guy above corrected me on season ticket numbers, so as things stand there will be enough for each ST holder. Unfortunately those who want a +1 or those who come to most games but don’t have an ST will be disappointed, and no that doesn’t mean they are any less of a fan.

Anyway hope everyone gets one.

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 08 Jun 2021, 21:14

Askham Tiger wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 21:12
Dennis Vazquez wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 20:42

York 600-700 approx
Fev 1200-1300 approx
St Helens 5000 approx

Yes I agree there, I’d expect season ticket holders of all 4 clubs to get a ticket. The guy above corrected me on season ticket numbers, so as things stand there will be enough for each ST holder. Unfortunately those who want a +1 or those who come to most games but don’t have an ST will be disappointed, and no that doesn’t mean they are any less of a fan.

Anyway hope everyone gets one.
Nightmare situation if news is not good on Monday

Johnny A
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnny A » 08 Jun 2021, 21:29

cogito ergo sum wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 19:23 Wembley having a 22500 limit for Euros. Got to prove two doses of vaccine or a negative test to get in.
We know more than one absolutely staunch anti-vaxxer from Cas.
Wonder if they will miraculously now ignore the supposed 'facts' that anti-vaxxers spout?

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 08 Jun 2021, 21:51

Johnny A wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 21:29
cogito ergo sum wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 19:23 Wembley having a 22500 limit for Euros. Got to prove two doses of vaccine or a negative test to get in.
We know more than one absolutely staunch anti-vaxxer from Cas.
Wonder if they will miraculously now ignore the supposed 'facts' that anti-vaxxers spout?
I don't think you can have the words 'anti-vaxxers' and 'facts' in the same sentence.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 09 Jun 2021, 06:54

So what if they don't want vaccine can still go if they take test. What news does not tell you as Matt Hancock said 932 in hospital yet 6000 yesterday tested positive to most younger people it's a mild thing

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 09 Jun 2021, 20:32

Now over 1000 in hospital. Increase of 100 in a week. Based on data from 2 days ago.

7000 cases today. Reports also say that there is now an increase in more young people attending hospital as the Delta variant affects younger people more.

It doesn't matter if it is mild because it isn't for everyone. While it is spreading there is always the chance it develops into a strain that vaccines aren't effective against and we are back at square one. Not only that, vaccines aren't 100% effective and even more so in older generations.

That is why it is important to get vaccinated and keep cases low.

I'm sure people don't want to argue about Covid on here. But it is important to take precautions.

I don't think we will have full crowds back this year. We are now into summer and I can see distancing remaining. World Cup may be postponed too if that happens
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 09 Jun 2021, 20:52

I liked the idea that someone had earlier in the thread about being able to watch it on a big screen at our ground - food stalls, beer etc. - if to be club can make that happen.

I guess that will subject to attendance limits of some kind but it could be better than watching it at home for anyone who can't get a ticket for Wembley. Club make a few quid as well.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 09 Jun 2021, 22:29

SuffolkTiger wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 20:52 better than watching it at home for anyone who can't get a ticket for Wembley.
really?

Each to their own I suppose