Re: Zak Hardaker

Post by FIat Capper » 01 Jun 2021, 12:15

He's even rubbish at headbutts...

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 01 Jun 2021, 12:26

I really shouldn’t say this, but I enjoyed the biff. Having watched the game since the late 50s, the punch up was a feature of every game. Nowadays it’s difficult to separate the hard men from the REALLY hard men because the enforcers have had their wings clipped.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 01 Jun 2021, 13:27

cogito ergo sum wrote: 01 Jun 2021, 12:26 I really shouldn’t say this, but I enjoyed the biff. Having watched the game since the late 50s, the punch up was a feature of every game. Nowadays it’s difficult to separate the hard men from the REALLY hard men because the enforcers have had their wings clipped.
I'm with you, hence my comment above.

I know it's frowned upon these days but of the incident in question, good old flare up, warn both players and play on, wait for the next encounter and...biff.

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 01 Jun 2021, 15:24

"Wigan Warriors' Zak Hardaker has been banned for two matches following his dismissal for a headbutt in his side's heavy defeat against Catalans Dragons. Hardaker was red-carded by referee James Child in the 78th minute of Warriors' 48-0 defeat on Saturday after making contact with Sam Tomkins' head. Joel Tomkins faces a three to five-game ban after being charged with punching in retaliation to the incident."

A wigan player gets 2 matches for a headbutt, the Catalan player faces a 3 to 5 week ban for retaliating.

You could not make it up. The RFL are bent. 2 matches for a head butt, 2 matches for a frivolous appeal.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 01 Jun 2021, 15:28

stuey wrote: 01 Jun 2021, 15:24 "Wigan Warriors' Zak Hardaker has been banned for two matches following his dismissal for a headbutt in his side's heavy defeat against Catalans Dragons. Hardaker was red-carded by referee James Child in the 78th minute of Warriors' 48-0 defeat on Saturday after making contact with Sam Tomkins' head. Joel Tomkins faces a three to five-game ban after being charged with punching in retaliation to the incident."

A wigan player gets 2 matches for a headbutt, the Catalan player faces a 3 to 5 week ban for retaliating.

You could not make it up. The RFL are bent. 2 matches for a head butt, 2 matches for a frivolous appeal.
But he was retaliating on behalf of his little bro. Zak didn’t butt Joel, the theory is that it had nothing to do with him, hence punishment.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 01 Jun 2021, 16:55

cogito ergo sum wrote: 01 Jun 2021, 15:28
stuey wrote: 01 Jun 2021, 15:24 "Wigan Warriors' Zak Hardaker has been banned for two matches following his dismissal for a headbutt in his side's heavy defeat against Catalans Dragons. Hardaker was red-carded by referee James Child in the 78th minute of Warriors' 48-0 defeat on Saturday after making contact with Sam Tomkins' head. Joel Tomkins faces a three to five-game ban after being charged with punching in retaliation to the incident."

But he was retaliating on behalf of his little bro. Zak didn’t butt Joel, the theory is that it had nothing to do with him, hence punishment.
I agree, but Zak head butting Sam, caused Sam to then head-butt Joel, a bit of a knock on effect. Still no brains between all 3 like.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 01 Jun 2021, 17:07

heritage1926 wrote: 01 Jun 2021, 16:55
cogito ergo sum wrote: 01 Jun 2021, 15:28

I agree, but Zak head butting Sam, caused Sam to then head-butt Joel, a bit of a knock on effect. Still no brains between all 3 like.
Rugby equivalent of Newton’s cradle...

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 01 Jun 2021, 20:01

Joel Tomkins .
4 matches.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 01 Jun 2021, 22:55

cogito ergo sum wrote: 01 Jun 2021, 12:26 I really shouldn’t say this, but I enjoyed the biff. Having watched the game since the late 50s, the punch up was a feature of every game. Nowadays it’s difficult to separate the hard men from the REALLY hard men because the enforcers have had their wings clipped.
i think thats because the real enforcers did most of the real enforcing when we had real scrums and no multiple sky camera's. ;)
jo brand is eddie warings love child

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 02 Jun 2021, 09:26

lurcher wrote: 01 Jun 2021, 22:55
i think thats because the real enforcers did most of the real enforcing when we had real scrums and no multiple sky camera's. ;)
....unless you were called Mal and did it anytime anywhere and damn the consequences!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 02 Jun 2021, 19:39

cogito ergo sum wrote: 02 Jun 2021, 09:26
....unless you were called Mal and did it anytime anywhere and damn the consequences!
aye, some unbelievable stories.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 02 Jun 2021, 20:29

lurcher wrote: 02 Jun 2021, 19:39
Yes, Mal waited a year or two to get even with Hogan, which he did completely out in the open, then just walked off without waiting for the ref.

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 03 Jun 2021, 17:37

My favourite was easily St John Ellis and Steve Molloy one Boxing Day at Headingley. They kept brawling up the tunnel. Great days.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Jun 2021, 17:59

I know I've said it before but Beefy England's punch where he knocks two HKR men out with one shot still makes me laugh when I think about it
And Morgies comment on the video ""He's had 20 odd fights outside Jockey this is first one he's won 😊
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 03 Jun 2021, 19:52

tigerfeat wrote: 03 Jun 2021, 17:59 I know I've said it before but Beefy England's punch where he knocks two HKR men out with one shot still makes me laugh when I think about it
And Morgies comment on the video ""He's had 20 odd fights outside Jockey this is first one he's won 😊
If Beefy had been as good at punching has is Dad, not many would have been left standing. Remember when he decked Alan 'boom boom ' Minter. Pity he had trouble with injuries, he would have been at least British and European Champion.

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 04 Jun 2021, 07:16

If we are talking about enforcers then Denis Hartley was your man. Not going to pick out one single incident, there were so many. Suffice to say that not many got the better of Big Den.

In more recent years, the game v Warrington down the Lane a few years back is one of my favourities. When Gray Vianne left Ben Westwood counting the daisies and the Ryan McGoldricks flurry of punches on Paul Wood later in the game. Don’t get many like that nowadays.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 04 Jun 2021, 07:52

Tiger53 wrote: 04 Jun 2021, 07:16 If we are talking about enforcers then Denis Hartley was your man. Not going to pick out one single incident, there were so many. Suffice to say that not many got the better of Big Den.

In more recent years, the game v Warrington down the Lane a few years back is one of my favourities. When Gray Vianne left Ben Westwood counting the daisies and the Ryan McGoldricks flurry of punches on Paul Wood later in the game. Don’t get many like that nowadays.
Dennis did it as a matter of policy, he didn’t need to lose his temper. Malcolm got his retaliation in first, especially in Aus.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 04 Jun 2021, 08:42

cogito ergo sum wrote: 02 Jun 2021, 20:29
lurcher wrote: 02 Jun 2021, 19:39
Yes, Mal waited a year or two to get even with Hogan, which he did completely out in the open, then just walked off without waiting for the ref.
I remember the match down lane well when we played Widnes Mal wasn't down to be playing but late change and out he come first game back from his broken jaw I was stood not far from Hogan when we kicked off he looked terrified did bloke
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi