BREXIT - Good or Bad ??

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: BREXIT - Good or Bad ??

Post by baldtiger » 29 Jan 2021, 12:24

Top post ! Most deaths the most damaged economy . When been an island a total lockdown was surely the way to go with enforced isolation in hotels for incoming flights ect . Hindsight is a wonderful thing , but 1 year later he is still dithering of what to do ..

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 29 Jan 2021, 17:26

Adam wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 07:42 Just going to throw my hat into the ring here... if I may...

It seems that agreeing with Flat Capper is becoming a #trend - not sure if that's a result of BREXIT or what feels like the longest year in human history - but I find myself doing it, regardless.

This time 12-months ago, the UK (and the rest of the world) watched on as COVID devastated Wuhan and the local regions, and our Government seemingly having already decided that "herd immunity" was the way forward. Whilst over in New Zealand, strong leadership and common sense prevailed as they decided that they'd seen enough and didn't feel that a few thousand of it's citizens dying was a price worth paying. [Interestingly, but not related, my sister-in-law was teaching in China at the time and we all scrambled to get her home ASAP - with hindsight, was that the right thing to do?]

It's true that hindsight is a marvellous thing, that said, when trying to be proactive in an "ever-changing situation" (to coin a Tory phrase), it's the very last thing to rely on - yet BJ and his mates appear to only want to act on this and this alone. The Government have categorically listened to the science when it has suited them, and ignored things that would lead to bad blood between them and the blue chips. With that in mind, shouldn't those same blue chips now be putting their hands in their pockets to support the country's economy and help stabilise the books?

Economy
The country's financial standing, jobs market, and GDP would have all suffered heavily if we had closed the borders and done a hard, strong, New Zealand-style lockdown - that is absolutely true. However, in the grand scheme of things, the way our country has been locked down for shorter periods, and in a much weaker way, has led to the cost being significantly higher than it would have been. Turns out that a long, hard, strong lockdown would have actually been a LOT better for the economy than what we've had to do.

Deaths/cases
Do I really need to comment on this? The UK has the worst death rate per capita in the world.

In summary, Jacinda Ardern is an absolute saviour of her citizens and her country. She has done more than any other politician in the last 12-months, by doing the very least. Whilst Boris, Trump, Macron, and other world leaders are running around like headless chickens, stressed to the eyeballs, "getting it from all angles" (as it was refereed to earlier in the thread), Ardern is sat with her feet up whilst her people go about their daily lives, hugging, kissing, and having a good old time with their friends and family.

** And I'm done ** :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Let me just pick you up on a few things regarding your comparison with New Zealand as ignorance can be bliss for some of you people out there and you seem to be one ignoring some basic facts !!:-

1/ New Zealand has a population of 5 million and a density spread of approx 19 people per sq km
UK has a population of 68 million with a density spread of 259 people per sq km. Whose job is easier to manage the virus, Ardern's or BJ's ????

2/ New Zealand is not a major hub of commerce and fairly isolated from the rest of the world as to what UK is considered to be a major hub - NZ covid risk factor is infinately smaller in comparison.

3/ New Zealand does not have the amount of ethnic population as what the the UK has where crammed conditions in housing and the many mosques for meeting is much in prevalence here in the UK and by definition there viral spread risk is drastically lower

4/ New Zealand has not got the amount of coastal ports and airports that the UK has and, by definition, imports of food for a much smaller population is small compared to the UK when you are looking to feed 5m compared to 65m and hence there is much reduced traffic flow !!

So, you really need to compare apples with apples when and before you go spouting off !!!

Based on the above and I'm sure there are a number of other pertinent aspects to re-enforce, Ardern in NZ with their Covid issues are a "Walk in the Park" to overcome compared to BJ here in the UK and especially when we have a number of people breaking lockdown and have raves/wedding parties / illegal house get togethers !!! - it only takes a handful to keep this covid from never ending and, by the way, it will never disappear with numpties continuing to break lockdown !!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 29 Jan 2021, 17:42

The BBC documentary “54 Days” is an interesting watch for those who missed it on Monday night.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 29 Jan 2021, 18:25

Interesting reading. Casrus.

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 30 Jan 2021, 14:21

Lockdown is a bit of a joke when you are allowing 15000 people per day to enter the country and just letting them go on there way . Australia makes them stay in hotels for 10 days and test them before there allowed to socialize , having a guard on each floor to make sure they all isolate. ps . As a side issue the rules are changing for home testing kits supplied to schools which are 50% accurate . Old rule is if positive you must go for official test which is then in the statistics for covid . The new ruling is if positive just isolate for 10 days therefore keeping the statistics down . ( bit sneaky me thinks ).

barking
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by barking » 31 Jan 2021, 16:47

Its a carefully managed Cull. they were bragging yesterday that the Gov has saved 600 million quid in pension payouts , so there is the reason Bodybag Johnson sent covid patients into care homes, now we have a miracle cure that doesnt cure at all just minimises the effects. Bodybag Johnson will use the Vaccine to tell the idiots that hang on his every word that we can now loosen the lockdown, that will be just in time for his pals at the jockey club and Dido Shizzbag to make another killing at Cheltenham. Only a complete moron would vote for Boris the grannyslayer

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 31 Jan 2021, 18:26

barking wrote: 31 Jan 2021, 16:47 Its a carefully managed Cull. they were bragging yesterday that the Gov has saved 600 million quid in pension payouts , so there is the reason Bodybag Johnson sent covid patients into care homes, now we have a miracle cure that doesnt cure at all just minimises the effects. Bodybag Johnson will use the Vaccine to tell the idiots that hang on his every word that we can now loosen the lockdown, that will be just in time for his pals at the jockey club and Dido Shizzbag to make another killing at Cheltenham. Only a complete moron would vote for Boris the grannyslayer
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha !!!! I've never laughed so much with what you have just posted Barking Mad !!

What a Dildo you are !!!!

Please... Someone put a brain Inside his head !!!!!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 31 Jan 2021, 18:34

barking wrote: 31 Jan 2021, 16:47 Its a carefully managed Cull. they were bragging yesterday that the Gov has saved 600 million quid in pension payouts , so there is the reason Bodybag Johnson sent covid patients into care homes, now we have a miracle cure that doesnt cure at all just minimises the effects. Bodybag Johnson will use the Vaccine to tell the idiots that hang on his every word that we can now loosen the lockdown, that will be just in time for his pals at the jockey club and Dido Shizzbag to make another killing at Cheltenham. Only a complete moron would vote for Boris the grannyslayer
Can you post a link of the “vaccine” being called a “cure”? Thanks

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 31 Jan 2021, 20:10

A cure with mercury in it!! Now that is a easy Google search. As for a cull??? Makes you think doesn't it? Started with the jab not vaccine and on the older generation and gradually working their way through the age groups backwards. According to some it's a population cull because the world is over populated and to be honest they are not wrong, but I'm sure there'd be a better way, although I can see some ethnicities not wanting to for what ever reason. Either way we are in a mess and I will not be having the jab like I've never had the flu jab either. I keep myself fit and active and eat healthy and it seems no coincidence that it strikes the weak first, obese and unhealthy with underlying health problems and some other poor unfortunate souls. Imo I think it could end up being the survival of the fittest, but then again, more people died in 2017 than 2020! Pandemic?? I have my doubts...

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 01 Feb 2021, 07:37

CasRus, well done for pointing out the bleeding obvious to those that needed it pointing out, you cannot compare a backwater country at the arse end of the globe with a densely packed ethnically diverse global hub. I would say the mortality figures were pretty much inevitable.

I read on Friday that the UK had so far vaccinated 11% of its population compared to the EU’s 2%... impressive and pathetic respectively.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 01 Feb 2021, 07:42

I wonder how many of the hindsight know it all’s who reckon the government got it all wrong and should have imposed a harsher lock down sooner were among the 7k+ that packed into Wheldon Road on 15.03.20? It would be interesting to know...

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 01 Feb 2021, 11:39

alftupper wrote: 01 Feb 2021, 07:37 CasRus, well done for pointing out the bleeding obvious to those that needed it pointing out, you cannot compare a backwater country at the arse end of the globe with a densely packed ethnically diverse global hub. I would say the mortality figures were pretty much inevitable.

I read on Friday that the UK had so far vaccinated 11% of its population compared to the EU’s 2%... impressive and pathetic respectively.
Interesting comparisons.

You excuse BJ's failings y stating we're a densely packed. ethnically diverse global hub and then accuse the EU, with it's much larger, densely packed, ethnically diverse hub, as failures. I suppose we shouldn't compare ourselves to Thailand either?

Anyway, Barking has clearly lost it.

barking
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by barking » 01 Feb 2021, 12:00

CasRus wrote: 31 Jan 2021, 18:26
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha !!!! I've never laughed so much with what you have just posted Barking Mad !!

Oh dear the truth hurts the usual suspects, you have my pity

barking
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by barking » 01 Feb 2021, 12:01

FIat Capper wrote: 01 Feb 2021, 11:39
alftupper wrote: 01 Feb 2021, 07:37 CasRus, well done for pointing out the bleeding obvious to those that needed it pointing out, you cannot compare a backwater country at the arse end of the globe with a densely packed ethnically diverse global hub. I would say the mortality figures were pretty much inevitable.

Interesting comparisons.

You excuse BJ's failings y stating we're a densely packed. ethnically diverse global hub and then accuse the EU, with it's much larger, densely packed, ethnically diverse hub, as failures. I suppose we shouldn't compare ourselves to Thailand either?

Anyway, Barking has clearly lost it.
never had you down as a tory lickspittle capper, takes all sorts i suppose, you still hiding from VD????

pathetic

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 01 Feb 2021, 13:40

barking wrote: 01 Feb 2021, 12:00
CasRus wrote: 31 Jan 2021, 18:26

Oh dear the truth hurts the usual suspects, you have my pity
Barking, are you a British member of Qanon or what, who think people in power (who like Qanon USA do), that do not fit your accepted criteria bang on and start off with pie in the sky accusations and all because your red army have failed to gain power last year ???? What a very sore loser !!!

You've got No constructive debate, No constructive argument, No intelligent points of view to offer and it's all just pure bile and fantasy that comes from your foul stinking mouth !!

Capper, who I give him his due in having plenty of food for thought constructive opposing points of view, has at least seen you for what you are and he's supposedly on your side !!!! And now you have just turned on him in calling him names just like idiot Trump did on all his staff !!! I Now do you See the Comparisons to You ?? La La Land or what !!!

It would be interesting to know how old you are as you have the brain of a child who has not grown up and resort to name calling ! - you need to get yourself out of the school playground matey or you might just end up in a white straightjacket taking the pills while you sit there in a rocking chair singing "Ring a Ring a Roses" !!

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 01 Feb 2021, 14:33

Oh dear Barking AKA Vinnie the Dog seems to be getting very worked up. As you say CasRus, still not got over the fact we aren’t being led by a Marxist government.

Even after all that has happened over the last year the shambles of a Labour Party are still trailing according to latest polls.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 01 Feb 2021, 15:27

alftupper wrote: 01 Feb 2021, 14:33 Oh dear Barking AKA Vinnie the Dog seems to be getting very worked up. As you say CasRus, still not got over the fact we aren’t being led by a Marxist government.

Even after all that has happened over the last year the shambles of a Labour Party are still trailing according to latest polls.
And you now trust the polls after laughing at them for so long.

The true Labour supporters know full well we have to rebuild trust and sadly, this is a result of the Tory media mass misinformation program they undertook prior to the last election, combined with a very unclear Brexit policy at the time.

Either way, the general view of the Governments handling of this crisis is not complementary, even from the Toy media.

The vaccination program has probably boosted opinion and I've no doubt that on the build-up to the next election, Euro scaremongering will come to the fore to help BUmbling Boris lie his way through.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 01 Feb 2021, 15:31

barking wrote: 01 Feb 2021, 12:01 never had you down as a tory lickspittle capper, takes all sorts i suppose, you still hiding from VD????

pathetic
Never believe anything Bumbling Boris says but I do follow the science. I recommend you try the same.

And yes, I'm still hiding from you VD, even though I have no idea who you are or where you are after your no show.

Hope you can still get your mets through all this?

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 01 Feb 2021, 16:40

FIat Capper wrote: 01 Feb 2021, 15:27
alftupper wrote: 01 Feb 2021, 14:33 Oh dear Barking AKA Vinnie the Dog seems to be getting very worked up. As you say CasRus, still not got over the fact we aren’t being led by a Marxist government.

And you now trust the polls after laughing at them for so long.

The true Labour supporters know full well we have to rebuild trust and sadly, this is a result of the Tory media mass misinformation program they undertook prior to the last election, combined with a very unclear Brexit policy at the time.

Either way, the general view of the Governments handling of this crisis is not complementary, even from the Toy media.

The vaccination program has probably boosted opinion and I've no doubt that on the build-up to the next election, Euro scaremongering will come to the fore to help BUmbling Boris lie his way through.
Wrong Again Barking or Vinnie or whoever you are !!!!

The True Labour Supporters voted your Red Leader Jezza out on the basis of him spannering any constructive moves for the past 4 years - FACT !! They didn't want him after showing his true Red colours and you "Red under the Bed" lot are now HISTORY !! No use crying your eyes out so get over yourself otherwise go to the USA and join the Proud Boys which is practically what you stand for - an absolute disgrace !!

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 01 Feb 2021, 17:31

Check again Crusty, it wasn't barking but me and I put you lot firmly in the bracket of the Proud Boys, nationalists with no care for anyone but themselves.

And for the record, the Momentum group were not and never will be true Labour supporters. Whilst they may have sided with many of my views on poverty, wealth distribution, public services and taxation, they approach to many other issues were beyond Labour views. Their infiltration of the party by Corbyn's change to membership caused many of the wrong turns.

On Brexit, and as this past weekend has shown, we still need to work together with the EU to achieve many common goals. Standing alone is fine until we need help...and we will at some point.