How much to buy the club......

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: How much to buy the club......

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Nov 2020, 08:43

You only have to look what Featherstone have done to there ground to realise what could have been done at Cas years ago we've gone with the new ground is about to be built anytime now so why bother approach for over 10 years and in the end I think that will cost us dear
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 22 Nov 2020, 09:18

tigerfeat wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 08:43 new ground is about to be built anytime now so why bother approach for over 10 years....
And then some mate. Wasn’t there talk of a new ground at Whitwood before the turn of the century?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Nov 2020, 09:19

tigerfeat wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 08:43 You only have to look what Featherstone have done to there ground to realise what could have been done at Cas years ago we've gone with the new ground is about to be built anytime now so why bother approach for over 10 years and in the end I think that will cost us dear

I don't buy into this. We could have done what Fev have done but it has zero benefit to us. It is essentially putting a lipstick on a pig.

We need a whole new ground that offers much more commercial scope, better facilities, better parking, better disabled facilities and fundamentally is 21st century.

Fev were able to update a part of the ground but it is still what it is: a slightly better Championship ground, in a down-trodden (no offence to anyone living in Fev) pit village. They may get away with SL rugby like we have at some point but aspirations have to be higher. The two side stands side by side look a bit of pig's ear IMO but it does a job with extra seating.

If we were to do that it would be akin to putting a roof on the Railway End and converting the marquee into a gym and saying we have an amazing ground.

If we want to progress as a club, the only way is a new stadium or completely taking apart WR and starting again.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Nov 2020, 09:24

Fumper27 wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 09:18
tigerfeat wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 08:43 new ground is about to be built anytime now so why bother approach for over 10 years....
And then some mate. Wasn’t there talk of a new ground at Whitwood before the turn of the century?
Yeah it's been year after year of false hopes
Vince Lombardi

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 22 Nov 2020, 09:26

Why would anyone want to buy us?

Our facilities are outdated

And there’s no money in rugby league

Unless they were a fan of the club with money to burn, They’d never be interested
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Nov 2020, 09:28

HuddsTigers wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 09:19
tigerfeat wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 08:43 You only have to look what Featherstone have done to there ground to realise what could have been done at Cas years ago we've gone with the new ground is about to be built anytime now so why bother approach for over 10 years and in the end I think that will cost us dear

I don't buy into this. We could have done what Fev have done but it has zero benefit to us. It is essentially putting a lipstick on a pig.

We need a whole new ground that offers much more commercial scope, better facilities, better parking, better disabled facilities and fundamentally is 21st century.

Fev were able to update a part of the ground but it is still what it is: a slightly better Championship ground, in a down-trodden (no offence to anyone living in Fev) pit village. They may get away with SL rugby like we have at some point but aspirations have to be higher. The two side stands side by side look a bit of pig's ear IMO but it does a job with extra seating.

If we were to do that it would be akin to putting a roof on the Railway End and converting the marquee into a gym and saying we have an amazing ground.

If we want to progress as a club, the only way is a new stadium or completely taking apart WR and starting again.
I get what your saying but where we going to get 15 million to build a new ground ?and all this time the promise of a new ground year after year the patrons have had to put up with facility's that are not good enough let's be honest

The latest venture looked good at the start but before that it was just pie in the sky stuff on building a new ground
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 22 Nov 2020, 09:53

I agree with this but it’s starting to become ‘fake news’ that Feath have the best ground in the Wakefield Council area

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Nov 2020, 10:00

It is getting harder and harder to run a club in the sport and could be even harder if broadcast income drops next year.

Look at any new ground, they rely on a council being willing to fund it or benefactors.

Wigan - funded privately, Hudds - funded by council with two clubs involved, Salford - council funded, Leigh - council funded, Widnes - council funded, Warrington - funded in partnership with Tesco, St Helens - funded by selling Knowsley Road and land, and partnership with one of local glass companies I believe. Hull - council funded.

Could go on. None of the clubs have ever had to fund or pay for their own ground, perhaps bar Saints even though they had commercial help.

If Axiom falls through then the council have to step up, it is simple as that. They loaned Wakey £3m.

In reality, they should bite the bullet and fund £15m for a new stadium at Normanton in the same way Kirklees council structured theirs.

50% ownership for council/25% Cas/25% Wakey.

Sell both Belle Vue and Wheldon Rd as our funding contributions to put into it.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Nov 2020, 10:09

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 09:53

I agree with this but it’s starting to become ‘fake news’ that Feath have the best ground in the Wakefield Council area
I didn't say they'd got the best ground but theve improved there ground and the facility's while we have hung back in the hope of getting a brand new ground
Vince Lombardi

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 22 Nov 2020, 10:57

HuddsTigers wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 10:00 It is getting harder and harder to run a club in the sport and could be even harder if broadcast income drops next year.

Look at any new ground, they rely on a council being willing to fund it or benefactors.

Wigan - funded privately, Hudds - funded by council with two clubs involved, Salford - council funded, Leigh - council funded, Widnes - council funded, Warrington - funded in partnership with Tesco, St Helens - funded by selling Knowsley Road and land, and partnership with one of local glass companies I believe. Hull - council funded.

Could go on. None of the clubs have ever had to fund or pay for their own ground, perhaps bar Saints even though they had commercial help.

If Axiom falls through then the council have to step up, it is simple as that. They loaned Wakey £3m.

In reality, they should bite the bullet and fund £15m for a new stadium at Normanton in the same way Kirklees council structured theirs.

50% ownership for council/25% Cas/25% Wakey.

Sell both Belle Vue and Wheldon Rd as our funding contributions to put into it.

The ground cannot be sold for that purpose. The ground is security for the Fulton loan. The loan agreement states when the ground is sold the proceeds of the sale go to paying off the loan. There will be very little or nothing left, particularly with the debt continuing to rise due to the interest payments.

In addition, if the council do fund a stadium (which they simply can't afford)it would be on a community basis. This means any sport could play there and they would keep most of the generated income.

Unfortunately it doesn't stack up for many reasons.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Nov 2020, 11:01

There's nothing stopping the loan being repaid and IF re-loaning the club the same amount to put into a new stadium. There are ways and means around it.

Of course it would be on a community basis but the ownership of the Stadium Management Group could be split between all 3. I'd also say that it could be set up that the clubs pay a rent agreement to cover usage and maintenance costs but retain the incomes of their respective matchdays.

The sad thing is that this could have been a plan from the start with the new swimming pool that WMDC have plunged money into separately when they could have built it into a state of the art sporting complex.

There is no joined up thinking and we have a council that have for years not looked at leading from the front and helping to deliver strong SL clubs for the health, wellbeing and economy of the area.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 22 Nov 2020, 11:50

Ian Fulton has screwed the club and has them by the proverbial.

Are shares still worth less than 40p but "available" for £40?

The club in real terms is near on worthless but Fulton won't sell for for anything less than probably £9m.

Unfortunately, that isn't something anyone should be willing to pay - fan with a euromillions win or otherwise. The only realistic way to get the club for true value would be waiting for administration and getting it from there.

Other costs involved on top of buying the club....

New marketing department, need to pay off the existing then pay the going rate for replacements.

New merchandising department, again same as above.

Getting a real streaming/VOD system on the go in house to a much higher quality with more content than what is currently available.

Competent strength & conditioning coaches.

Stadium

Getting the squad up to league winning standards

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 22 Nov 2020, 12:07

HuddsTigers wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 11:01 There's nothing stopping the loan being repaid and IF re-loaning the club the same amount to put into a new stadium. There are ways and means around it.

Of course it would be on a community basis but the ownership of the Stadium Management Group could be split between all 3. I'd also say that it could be set up that the clubs pay a rent agreement to cover usage and maintenance costs but retain the incomes of their respective matchdays.

The sad thing is that this could have been a plan from the start with the new swimming pool that WMDC have plunged money into separately when they could have built it into a state of the art sporting complex.

There is no joined up thinking and we have a council that have for years not looked at leading from the front and helping to deliver strong SL clubs for the health, wellbeing and economy of the area.
The stadium could not be managed that way. The only way funding could be sourced is via grants - which means offering the community stadium facilities to anyone. Obviously there would be an anchor tennant(s)
Revenue generation from match day hospitality, ground advertising etc would be very limited - especially if there is more than one anchor tennant.

With respect to the swimming pool complex. There was a tri-partate steering group set up between WMDC, Pontefract Park race club Ltd and Castleford Tigers to look at different options. Sadly, this quickly fell apart, with funding and control being the main issues.

Many would argue, its not the councils place to build stadia for long established sporting businesses, and they should concentrate on their core business of education, social welfare, and other services. That is open to debate.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Nov 2020, 13:58

So how is Huddersfield's managed given that is split ownership in the way I have mentioned?

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 22 Nov 2020, 15:54

If one day the club is sold and we have new owners on board what things would you like to see happen with the running of the club?

Would you want fans to be involved more and if so what would that look like?

We see talk about Friday the field staff and departments. Again how would you like this to look?

Whilst for me DP is crucial and would not be released, would anyone want to see a new start completely including coaches?

What ideas for the match day experience do you think would improve things?

Reference the stadium, if it could be arranged, how many would like to redevelop WR and stay?

Website, Cas tv and purchasing games. What would we all like to see n this area?

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 22 Nov 2020, 17:19

If the club went into administration all staff would become redundant.
Paid via the State
As for what the clubs worth.
What a prospective buyer is willing to pay.
I think we will be at our present stadium and owing the Fultons for the foreseeable.
Should tge club be registered as an asset of community value?

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 22 Nov 2020, 20:23

Could do but in reality it provides very little legal protection