Club Ideas

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Club Ideas

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Oct 2020, 12:20

CasG wrote: 22 Oct 2020, 12:03
johnson wrote: 22 Oct 2020, 11:53 There have been lots of new houses built in and around cas get some leaflets posted through letter boxes. Players used to throw signed small balls into the crowd when they came out to warm up a small gesture but my sons got me a Daryl Clark one that I still have - small things mean a lot to us fans. We used to have good bands (blue) singers (ray Quinn) down the lane it gets fans in early and they spend money in our ground. What happened to face painting? We need to get back to entertaining the fans before matches not all of us can drink cos we have to travel to get there. Think big and get bigger named sponsors nothing against our current sponsors but we need big names on board - even wakey have Cadbury.let’s make our club a family club again and cater for all the family. Just a final question who is our ceo? I used to see and speak to Steve gill every match and I couldn’t tell u who our current one is never mind what he looks like ???
Some great ideas! Face painting and the balls is brilliant!

I agree about the CEO, I've no idea either. The CEO should be stood with the fans, walk around the ground on match days. Show their pride that they're the CEO of Cas!

We all know about the Dominoes sponsor RFL have done is terrible but I wouldn't think a free sponsorship for a huge brand would be a bad idea. It makes other companies notice us. Apple sponsoring the highlights would get lots of attention or even WWF (world wildlife fund not wrestling!) Cas Tigers helping Tigers with free advertising for donations on social media.
Mark Gratton is doing the Steve Gill job ...I think ...like I said earlier we've gone back off the field in a number of positions and appointments since the end of 2017
Gill made mistakes but the atmosphere in the ground on match days is nothing like it was when Gill was in charge
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 22 Oct 2020, 13:31

CasG wrote: 22 Oct 2020, 11:28
mdean wrote: 22 Oct 2020, 08:58 I am not going to criticise any ideas, or react to them personally, someone had to be the first person standing up and waving their arms looking like a tool before the Mexican wave was invented!

I still think that the sport is at a crossroads with the TV deal and even more given the Covid situation. Season pass type deals are huge in the US and I fear this may become the cross that RL hangs season pass on, in context of a crap financial deal for TV.
American Airlines arena holds 21000, hugely more numbers than that watch Heat every game. If you can't get to the games, as I generally can't anyway, this is a much more lucrative market. It would also very much like PPV and Dazn but RL in control of its own destiny and would be a forward looking model.

Not saying I like it or it is right, but footfall has been the bastion of making money and is always limited by capacity and facilities - both of which we lack, so might actually (if done well) be better for us.
Do you mean RL creates it's own broadcasting? I've thought about this also. I've recently cancelled my Sky Sports as I was only watching it for RL and the prices went up. I'd much rather pay £10 a month to watch RL on it's own however I know there are people that watch both RL and Football so having them both in one place makes it easier.

It'd be interesting to know how many people only buy Sky for SkySports. The only things I watch are on demand now, Netflix/Amazon. I think it'd be good to put RL on Amazon Prime. I can see most sports going this way including PPV events.
I think that would be attractive to Mr Elstone and SL - because it put's them in control of their own destiny rather than being bankrolled by a rights owner. But then puts a lot of responsibility to make it good.
I wouldn't attach it to a subscription per se personally, I would see if I could make it stand alone, every penny invested and accrued belongs to SL.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 22 Oct 2020, 14:03

Firstly, and I make assumptions but, how many of us actually subscribe to sky sports solely on the basis of the coverage of SL? I am a sports fan and enjoy many of the other sports they show - cricket, darts, motor racing, golf and even a bit of football. I would still want to subscribe to Sky even without any RL.

Secondly, exactly what would this new RL channel show when there's no RL being played? Would it be re-runs, analytical programs, interviews with players, coaches, club officials and even match officials and the sports administrators, documentaries. In all honesty, I'm not sure there's enough to fill a channel.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 22 Oct 2020, 14:07

Season pass - all games, live and re-run - it isn't a channel, it is a single sport subscription.

I am not advocating for it, or against - merely that given a hair-cut on TV money, it would be the first sport in the UK to go for this model, could make a win, or not.

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 22 Oct 2020, 16:36

Flat Capper wrote: 22 Oct 2020, 14:03 Firstly, and I make assumptions but, how many of us actually subscribe to sky sports solely on the basis of the coverage of SL? I am a sports fan and enjoy many of the other sports they show - cricket, darts, motor racing, golf and even a bit of football. I would still want to subscribe to Sky even without any RL.

Secondly, exactly what would this new RL channel show when there's no RL being played? Would it be re-runs, analytical programs, interviews with players, coaches, club officials and even match officials and the sports administrators, documentaries. In all honesty, I'm not sure there's enough to fill a channel.
I pay for sky sports just for the rugby league but to be honest I think my subscriptions will stay in my pocket as soon as the season is finally over

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 22 Oct 2020, 16:51

Flat Capper wrote: 22 Oct 2020, 14:03 Firstly, and I make assumptions but, how many of us actually subscribe to sky sports solely on the basis of the coverage of SL? I am a sports fan and enjoy many of the other sports they show - cricket, darts, motor racing, golf and even a bit of football. I would still want to subscribe to Sky even without any RL.

Im same as you

Football
Nfl
Golf
Darts
Wrestling
F1
MotoGP
Cricket
Rugby league
(Yes some are bt sport)

Since lockdown rugby league as been a real struggle to watch for me so it is well down my list atm
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 22 Oct 2020, 19:33

Think we need to replace Danny Orr with a forward coach someone like an ex player ? Deano. Learn our players how to run straight and hard.

barking
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by barking » 24 Oct 2020, 04:06

Casmania wrote: 18 Oct 2020, 17:23
barking wrote: 18 Oct 2020, 17:06
greenhouse wrote: 18 Oct 2020, 16:58 owners that don't sell there best players and only use half of it for a replacement.
Thats called balancing the books............................ we are not a rich club.

feel free to invest if you think you can do any better
Cas receive the same as everyone else from central funding. The club have stated they have spent the full salary cap again this year.
Cas also have (sadly) a decrepid old ground that unlike the soccer lodgers and others, we actually own, we have to maintain the old girl and that is not cheap. We are also limited in crowd income, not that we fill the old girl that much since 2017. I would rather have the club financially stable(ish) than do a wakey or even worse a Bradford

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 24 Oct 2020, 07:47

surely this is a good sign with another big sponsor on board, i just wish someone would fund a new ground with naming rights.

https://www.castlefordtigers.com/article.php?id=7121

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 24 Oct 2020, 09:13

We’re doing better than our national body has managed with the magnificent culinary combination of pizza with mushy peas!

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 24 Oct 2020, 17:47

yorky wrote: 24 Oct 2020, 07:47 surely this is a good sign with another big sponsor on board, i just wish someone would fund a new ground with naming rights.

https://www.castlefordtigers.com/article.php?id=7121
Yes great news this, best signing we’ve made in recent years has to be Craig Jeffels our commercial guy. Working miracles in the most difficult of circumstances. Always great to see new sponsors coming on board.

CasG

Post by CasG » 05 Nov 2020, 09:19

barking wrote: 24 Oct 2020, 04:06
Casmania wrote: 18 Oct 2020, 17:23
barking wrote: 18 Oct 2020, 17:06
greenhouse wrote: 18 Oct 2020, 16:58 owners that don't sell there best players and only use half of it for a replacement.
Thats called balancing the books............................ we are not a rich club.

feel free to invest if you think you can do any better
Cas receive the same as everyone else from central funding. The club have stated they have spent the full salary cap again this year.
Cas also have (sadly) a decrepid old ground that unlike the soccer lodgers and others, we actually own, we have to maintain the old girl and that is not cheap. We are also limited in crowd income, not that we fill the old girl that much since 2017. I would rather have the club financially stable(ish) than do a wakey or even worse a Bradford
But at some point we need to sort the stadium out or it'll either fall down and now be safe for fans/the RFL throw us out the competition or we have to move to another stadium eg Fev/Batley/Hunslet etc

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 05 Nov 2020, 13:02

Must admit having been fortunate enough to have a close look at Featherstones ground i was mightily impressed with what had been achieved with limited resources but utilising excellent fan and community support. It's a model for any club with tight financial restraints and they should be justifiably proud of what they've achieved. Our own ownership might discount us from following that particular model,which would sadden me,these are uncertain times in so many ways,and while I don't expect Messrs Fulton and Co to act altruisicaly given their financial investment in the club but i would hope that stabilising the club and keeping it at the heart of the community would be a worthwhile goal for all concerned.

CasG

Post by CasG » 18 Nov 2020, 12:33

Allow fans to buy game bundles of 6 instead of just the full season tickets.

Fans are also worried about their finances and some of them might not be able to afford a full season ticket next year.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 Nov 2020, 13:06

CasG wrote: 18 Nov 2020, 12:33 Allow fans to buy game bundles of 6 instead of just the full season tickets.

Fans are also worried about their finances and some of them might not be able to afford a full season ticket next year.
Yep. I’ve suggested this for a few years and mentioned it again on the other thread.
I’d actually go for bundles of 3, so that supporters could buy 3 games, 6 games or 9 games as a package (with the cost per game decreasing each time).
That’s unlikely to reduce full season ticket numbers (people who buy those know they’ll be attending more than 9 games, otherwise they’d pay for individual tickets), but it would bring in revenue that the club might lose otherwise as people decide to watch on TV and games get moved at short notice.
In the current financial climate, it’s a win-win situation as far as I can see.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Nov 2020, 13:40

Im getting a season ticket for next season.
My main worry is, will there be fans in the stadium.
Will Covid die down.
If I get it again I’ll have to miss games, will I recover from a second bout (god willing it don’t happen).
While the government don’t have a clue how to deal with it.
will the R rate go down. Will it ever go away.
Lots to consider.
I’m taking a chance for next year, if we have the same as this year, next year then I’ll pay on the gate.
I’m really hoping to get back to some normality 2021, but I’m not holding my breath. Imo it’ll be spring time until thinks buck up.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 18 Nov 2020, 14:05

johnson wrote: 22 Oct 2020, 19:33 Think we need to replace Danny Orr with a forward coach someone like an ex player ? Deano. Learn our players how to run straight and hard.
Millington would be good

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 18 Nov 2020, 14:14

I'll be getting mine. I can see the league starting march with limited crowds and I'd like to be in the hat to be there. I'd be buying one anyway at some point.

I'd also like to see a trial on a certain number of matches on a limited season ticket. I can see problems but if the matches are not pre selected then we may have problems getting everybody in. ( not often, granted but we would have to include low crowd matches and not allow selecting of just the big games that might sell out on an open ticket)

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 Nov 2020, 14:52

mart0042 wrote: 18 Nov 2020, 14:14
I can see problems but if the matches are not pre selected then we may have problems getting everybody in. ( not often, granted but we would have to include low crowd matches and not allow selecting of just the big games that might sell out on an open ticket)
That problem is easily overcome by using a ticketing system that means those attending have to pre-book their ticket, just as they would buy one otherwise.The easiest way is to send the buyer a code that is used when a ticket is ‘purchased’ that discounts it to £0. This way the club knows how many advanced tickets have been bought at all times.

I’d have no issue with allowing people to select ‘big games’ only - tickets are tickets and money is money. If you buy a three game pass, you can select whatever games you want to attend. We have to be more customer-focused here and make whatever we offer appealing to those supporters who don’t buy a full season ticket. Do we really turn down money because someone wants to attend games against the bigger clubs? Choice and flexibility are the key here and the reason why mini-passes would work well.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Nov 2020, 15:18

Just another thought.
I think a lot of older folk will be put off going into a stadium with people in.
A lot will be fearful.
I know I am,