Squad for hull fc

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Squad for hull fc

Post by Casmoley » 01 Oct 2020, 22:42

HuddsTigers wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 22:29
Casmoley wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 22:22
HuddsTigers wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 18:19
Casmoley wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 06:50Millo6
Need to sack your informant mate. Record has gone down from 95% to 90%. Not on :D
6!

Think he played everywhere tonight. Carried it through middle as well.
6 :dance:

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 02 Oct 2020, 00:27

Guys, there are a number of small issues with the team which are easy identifiable on each game I have seen and which are costing us and here's a couple.

Eden needs to stop coming inside and always mark his opposing winger which was evident with their first try and also last week's game and is the first issue - he needs that coaching into him.

How many times we get into close line attack and have 1 forward lumbering it in which is an absolute waste of time instead of manufacturing creativity and close moves to fool the defense and create the space needed to score or get ready for a close offload ? Cas are now sadly lacking that in major segments of a game and only show glimpses.

Yes Cas can come through this and fix it but let's think about this season which in my estimations is badly scarred anyway and not a true reflection of how good a team is this year, so in essence it couldn't have fallen better for the team to get through a bad patch and be ready to sort it for next season and which also includes fixing all these long term injured players.

Even though we are on a losing streak and by the way, not being defeated by much anyway (that's apart from Catalans), My Glass is Half Full !!!

That last minute Hull try which defeated us tonight was precision and timing that occurs seldom and Cas never gave up and tried to the end, but you can't go crying about it - Cas will revive from this for next season I'm sure - and we were definitely the better team in the first 25mins tonight by far - sort out the issues, a couple of decent forwards to replace the aging ones and we will see Cas firing back up to the Classy Cas tag all over again so take heart and remain positive !!

Bish Bash

Post by Bish Bash » 02 Oct 2020, 07:42

I think the team have been really unprofessional although I can understand the frustration.

For weeks our half backs had no protection from the officials, Darryl goes on the offensive with Ganson, the officials are told to tighten up and then we decide we are going to give what we got.

I get it but we’ve shot ourselves in the foot last night. They were (slightly) high shots, although why play wasn’t paused is unexplainable!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 02 Oct 2020, 08:00

cut the penalties out and we win, had Watts,we win, our two first-team halfbacks on the field we win, the players on the field tried hard , I have never seen CAS play as they did last night giving penalties away which were deservedly given for fowl play,

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 02 Oct 2020, 08:24

Wasn't a particularly enjoyable game, I guess it was if you were neutral......

I am not into wholesale throwing the baby out with the bathwater and a lot of sense has already been said above. Big thing for me at the moment, I never had the belief when we got ahead that we could control the game or see it out.

Some good performances in adversity, some strange penalties and I am not sure if the knees on Shenton in scoring has been mentioned, that should be sanctioned after the game, but wont help in the result.

Did we play well enough to win, probably not - Ironically I thought Hull played in a very Last/Radford way, a lot like Warrington always played like Cullen. It'll be right in the end, but this season is a very odd one all round.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 02 Oct 2020, 08:25

Went to bed pretty despondent last night, yet another loss.
However on reflection the squad on the field gave their all.
Millo and Moors did the full eighty l think.
Did we shoot ourselves through the foot with the penalties or was it Gansons way of answering Powells criticism.
They went down fighting not pretty but for me showed more pride and passion.
Thanks Casrus your post helped getting things into a more realistic perspective.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 02 Oct 2020, 08:30

Every single late hit off the ball yesterday was rightly a penalty. In context, it doesn't matter if opposition teams have been doing it to us and getting away with it, the fact is, we were rightly penalised for foul play. Cook was sin binned because it was the 3rd time it had happened in 10 minutes. 2 of those penalties, Sneyd kicked the goal and that ultimately cost us.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 02 Oct 2020, 09:08

So hull were angels.
Did ganson have a word with the ref to prove a point to DP.
AnY misdemeanours no matter how soft penalise cas.
Hull didn’t concede one penalty until the final 15/20 mins.
That’s unheard off.
I Think we were made a scapegoat Because of Daryl moaning.
Stood out like a sore thumb to me.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Oct 2020, 09:26

I said that yesterday only one thing going to happen when you tell Ganson his officials not up to it
0-11 I think the penalty count was at one point ...Hull were messing about with us at marker all game and we get a penalty 15 mins from time or whatever it was
I expect more to follow unfortunately
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 02 Oct 2020, 09:34

Hull conceded a penalty in the first half for offside on their own line didn't they?
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 02 Oct 2020, 09:44

HuddsTigers wrote: 02 Oct 2020, 09:34 Hull conceded a penalty in the first half for offside on their own line didn't they?
Not according to sky.
They were on about it all game how we were conceding Penalties. Every time hull got a penalty they’d go, well that’s 8 0, then 9 0, was like they were enjoying it.

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 02 Oct 2020, 09:54

old cas lass wrote: 02 Oct 2020, 09:08 So hull were angels.
That’s unheard off.
Agree 100%

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 02 Oct 2020, 10:04

If you think yesterday was bad for pens Against us wait till next week at Leeds.

tykeneil
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tykeneil » 02 Oct 2020, 10:12

At least O'Connor didn't get his way with the feigned injury so the video ref could check the Millington tackle.
But did some how get a penalty for just lying on ground!

Was impressed with Moors effort (except the knock on) & McMeek (two players going by all rumours)

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 02 Oct 2020, 10:48

I'm a fan of Powell, I didn't see the match but felt we weren't going to get any 50/50 calls after his comments before the match.

Maybe one way of taking the heat out of this issue with the officials is if Sheridan or Orr took the post match interviews on Sky?

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 02 Oct 2020, 11:14

tykeneil wrote: 02 Oct 2020, 10:12 At least O'Connor didn't get his way with the feigned injury so the video ref could check the Millington tackle.

Was impressed with Moors effort (except the knock on) & McMeek (two players going by all rumours)
Bringing soccer into the game with his pretence he received an elbow from Millington, should be cited for brining the game into disrepute. He is still a very good player but he will never alter from being an irritating and mouthy player.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 02 Oct 2020, 12:34

fast hands wrote: 02 Oct 2020, 11:14
tykeneil wrote: 02 Oct 2020, 10:12 At least O'Connor didn't get his way with the feigned injury so the video ref could check the Millington tackle.

Bringing soccer into the game with his pretence he received an elbow from Millington, should be cited for brining the game into disrepute. He is still a very good player but he will never alter from being an irritating and mouthy player.
Mouthy but still got mom, I'd have him at Cas that's for sure.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 02 Oct 2020, 13:03

westerbeast73 wrote: 02 Oct 2020, 12:34
fast hands wrote: 02 Oct 2020, 11:14

Mouthy but still got mom, I'd have him at Cas that's for sure.
He’s like Sam Tompkins, Micky McLlorum, etc. A total grub, who you despise because he plays against you, but would love them if they played for you.

Other clubs use to say the same about Dean Sampson back in the day....but we loved him.

flood light tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flood light tiger » 05 Oct 2020, 19:56

Diserplinary committee have banned savellio on contact with shenny again ref linesman and video ref not picked it up so nothing as changed their then and again we come off 2nd best again

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 05 Oct 2020, 20:30

old cas lass wrote: 02 Oct 2020, 09:08 So hull were angels.
That’s unheard off.
Seems to be like the other year with the deliberate passes into opposite players against us. Eventually DP must of said f**k it we will join then. So they did with the late shots ....

Tbh i never missed it for 12 weeks and since it's been back cant say I have enjoyed it. Not watched last 3 cas games and not watched a single game of anybody else since restart.

The games is on its last legs I'm afraid to say