Salford Thursday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Salford Thursday

Post by westerbeast73 » 03 Sep 2020, 22:52

westerbeast73 wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 22:48
nottinghamtiger wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 22:45
westerbeast73 wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 22:40
old cas lass wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 22:37
westerbeast73 wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 22:34

He signed him from another club NOT A CAS YOUNGTER HIS HE. In future engage brain before typing
](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Jake trueman was a raw teenager, 16 I think when he came to cas.
He’s now in his 20’s, so in the 4+ years, DP as made him the young player of the year.
And selected for international honours.
HES NOT FROM CAS THOUGH. My point is Powell as not progressed any young player from Cas. Hes signed loads of players from other clubs and made them better. BUT NO ONE FROM CAS ](*,)
Are you suggesting it only counts if the player was actually born and raised within the town borders? He’s not responsible for the development of all the players in the town of Castleford, you know.
Hes great at buying fodder and turning them into decent players. HE AS NEVER SINCE BEING AT CAS GOT ANYONE WHO COMES FROM CAS INTO THE FIRST TEAM.
Go on Fumper27 prove me wrong.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 03 Sep 2020, 22:56

westerbeast73 wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 22:34

He signed him from another club NOT A CAS YOUNGTER HIS HE. In future engage brain before typing
](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
He’s now in his 20’s, so in the 4+ years, DP as made him the young player of the year.
HES NOT FROM CAS THOUGH. My point is Powell as not progressed any young player from Cas. Hes signed loads of players from other clubs and made them better. BUT NO ONE FROM CAS ](*,)
Are you suggesting it only counts if the player was actually born and raised within the town borders? He’s not responsible for the development of all the players in the town of Castleford, you know.
Hes great at buying fodder and turning them into decent players. HE AS NEVER SINCE BEING AT CAS GOT ANYONE WHO COMES FROM CAS INTO THE FIRST TEAM.
I think it’s a fair debate, but your antagonistic stance and failure to accept that’s not completely true isn’t really conducive to an actual discussion.
I’m not sure you can blame Powell for the lack of young players at the club. Surely it’s more down to the youth recruitment, structures and training that happens rather than the fault of the first team coach, who is essentially responsible for the on-field success of the first team? It’s not a problem with Powell, it’s a problem with the way in which the club scouts, signs, retains and coaches young players.
It’s not Powell’s job to run the entire club. He’s responsible for the first team. If the players we are producing aren’t good enough, it’s not Powell we need to replace.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 03 Sep 2020, 23:02

westerbeast73 wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 22:42
SuffolkTiger wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 22:39
westerbeast73 wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 22:27
lurcher wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 22:16
westerbeast73 wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 22:10 So we win by 7 and all is forgiven, Powell go to Hull. This is a Leeds Rhino situation. Any good coach could walk into Cas with this team. I would have Watson next week to be honest. Any coach whos not interested in using home grown young talent has got other agenders I'm afraid.
i'm losing track of all this. is this similar to transgender?
Give your head a good shake, trying to be funny really doesnt suite you. Stick to the day job whatever that is.
Is that a three piece suite?

Doesn't suit you sir......
WATCH OUT THE SPELLING POLICE ARE ON PATROL :roll:
You seem a little agitated this evening despite the win. Was it a tough first day back at school?

It's clear to everyone that we aren't quite where we want to be right now but shouting sack the coach (who is respected across the globe and most clubs would take in a heart beat) doesn't really seem the way forward.

The club would go to pieces very quickly without him right now.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 03 Sep 2020, 23:02

Personally I just can’t believe O’Neil can’t get on bench instead of Moors we are going lose this kid and he gives everything when he plays.
He would be in the 17 every week at Wigan

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 03 Sep 2020, 23:02

nottinghamtiger wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 22:56

I think it’s a fair debate, but your antagonistic stance and failure to accept that’s not completely true isn’t really conducive to an actual discussion.
I’m not sure you can blame Powell for the lack of young players at the club. Surely it’s more down to the youth recruitment, structures and training that happens rather than the fault of the first team coach, who is essentially responsible for the on-field success of the first team? It’s not a problem with Powell, it’s a problem with the way in which the club scouts, signs, retains and coaches young players.
It’s not Powell’s job to run the entire club. He’s responsible for the first team. If the players we are producing aren’t good enough, it’s not Powell we need to replace.
:clap: :clap: :clap: the voice of reason.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Sep 2020, 23:03

I don't agree with Powell continuing to pick his mate each week who's doing next to nothing over a player who's bursting to prove himself
But the improvement he's made to Richardson in a short space of time shows where his strengths as a coach are
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 03 Sep 2020, 23:06

So rather than answering the original question people want to go off about Covid etc. Waste of time saying anything really on here unless the click want to ACTUALLY answer the question you actually asked. Some of you should go into Politics if your not doing it already.

marty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by marty_tiger » 03 Sep 2020, 23:07

Westerbeast73....
Do you honestly belive that DP is sorely responsible for the youth set-up?
You want the coach gone.. If he was gone tomorrow, who would you replace him with?
Why do you feel that posting the "brick wall" emoji after nearly all you comments is needed in order for you to feel like your argument is more solid than theirs? ( A lot of the time it is not)
The most obvious one. Why are you looking for a fight. What happened? I am sure someone will listnen.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 03 Sep 2020, 23:09

marty_tiger wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 23:07 Westerbeast73....
You want the coach gone.. If he was gone tomorrow, who would you replace him with?
Why do you feel that posting the "brick wall" emoji after nearly all you comments is needed in order for you to feel like your argument is more solid than theirs? ( A lot of the time it is not)
Danny Orr, Ryan Sheridan would do ok until someone else wanted to come to Cas.

marty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by marty_tiger » 03 Sep 2020, 23:10

westerbeast73 wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 23:09
Danny Orr, Ryan Sheridan would do ok until someone else wanted to come to Cas.
You think they would do better than DP?
What about the other stuff?

Who is the long-term replacement?
Last edited by marty_tiger on 03 Sep 2020, 23:10, edited 1 time in total.

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 03 Sep 2020, 23:10

How many of the youngsters that we have let go in recent years after “not been given a chance” have forged a successful career in super league westerbeast? Nobody should just get a go in the first team in my opinion just to give them a go. If they are good enough they will get in. We don’t see training or attitudes so how can anyone on here judge who should be picked in the team? For what it’s worth the two players who were under most pressure in Milner and Mcmeekan both put good solid shifts in tonight I thought. Junior looked in good shape but clearly not match fit, which will come with more game time hopefully.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 03 Sep 2020, 23:10

The most obvious one. Why are you looking for a fight. What happened? I am sure someone will listnen.
Because some responses on here you might be better just banging your head on a wall ](*,)

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 03 Sep 2020, 23:11

westerbeast73 wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 23:06 Waste of time saying anything really on here
Then don’t bother.
I’ve responded directly to your posts, but you don’t want to respond because I tend to make you look a bit silly.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 03 Sep 2020, 23:11

I have to nail my colours to the DO mast.
However l have become both puzzled and frustrated with his recent selection of players who fir whatever reason are not performing and not giving the youth more opportunity in this season where the fear of relegation isn't there.
I amlso believe that the task of attracting the best must be hampered by our lack of success and also our appalling facilities.
Goodness knows l waz relieved with the win but we looked at sea far too often.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 03 Sep 2020, 23:12

nottinghamtiger wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 23:11
westerbeast73 wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 23:06 Waste of time saying anything really on here
Then don’t bother.
I’ve responded directly to your posts, but you don’t want to respond because I tend to make you look a bit silly.
You probably do IN YOUR OWN LITTLE WORLD.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 03 Sep 2020, 23:16

westerbeast73 wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 23:12
Then don’t bother.
Maybe come back when you can offer more to the discussion than personal insults.
Shame really, because I think you raise an important point about the development of young players at the club. There is an issue to be debated, but it’s not really about Powell.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 03 Sep 2020, 23:18

The club's development of junior players does seem to have hit the buffers. That isn't down to 1st team coach.

For example i was trying to think of the last big front row that came through the system and was a consistent 1st team performer?. I could think of Craig Huby & to a lesser extent Ryan Boyle. I won't pass comment on the Will Maher experiment. On another subject what happened to Lewis Carr?

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 03 Sep 2020, 23:21

nottinghamtiger wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 23:16
westerbeast73 wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 23:12
Then don’t bother.
Maybe come back when you can offer more to the discussion than personal insults.
Shame really, because I think you raise an important point about the development of young players at the club. There is an issue to be debated, but it’s not really about Powell.
Ok I'll comment when YOU DECIDE WHAT THE TOPIC IS :-"

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 03 Sep 2020, 23:21

I’d be doing everything To try keep O’Brien next season id have in the 17 every week reckon he could play anywhere in back.
Sutclife to centre for Shenton.
Maybe another winger See what happens with Feki and Eden 2 props and a 2nd rower needed.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 03 Sep 2020, 23:22

duke street 10 wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 23:18 The club's development of junior players does seem to have hit the buffers. That isn't down to 1st team coach.

For example i was trying to think of the last big front row that came through the system and was a consistent 1st team performer?. I could think of Craig Huby & to a lesser extent Ryan Boyle. I won't pass comment on the Will Maher experiment. On another subject what happened to Lewis Carr?
Powell stuck with Mayer for Years and he was shocking so why did he not get rid like he has done with other players ??