McMeekan

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: McMeekan

Post by nottinghamtiger » 29 Jun 2020, 14:11

Scoopage wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 13:30 Will he still finish the season with us?wonder if DP will pick him or plan for next season without him
Depends on his attitude I guess. If he wants to put all his effort into winning something at the club this season, he’ll play. If he sulks like a petulant teenager (Mitch Clark) or doesn’t want to put in the effort, he’ll find himself sat in the stands (or even worse, on loan at Featherstone).

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 29 Jun 2020, 19:28

I wouldn't pick him. I'd pick the players who are gonna be here for next year. Play him off the bench, or, let him go early. He's not staying at cas so let's get the team working together and see what our options are going forward, so to speak.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 29 Jun 2020, 19:42

bane73 wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 19:28 I wouldn't pick him. I'd pick the players who are gonna be here for next year. Play him off the bench, or, let him go early. He's not staying at cas so let's get the team working together and see what our options are going forward, so to speak.
The thing is that his replacement is probably playing for another club. We have a real chance of winning something this season - I wouldn’t jeopardise that by stopping a first-team player from contributing just because they won’t be here in 2021. As long as he continues to deserve a place in the team, he should play.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 29 Jun 2020, 20:21

bane73 wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 19:28 I wouldn't pick him. I'd pick the players who are gonna be here for next year. Play him off the bench, or, let him go early. He's not staying at cas so let's get the team working together and see what our options are going forward, so to speak.
So, you also wouldn’t play Smith, Moors, etc on that basis? Nose and face spring to mind.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 30 Jun 2020, 07:32

Anybody that watched the Nrl matches over the weekend there were a number of players who were going to be at different clubs next year they were still giving it there all
I don't know where it comes from over here that if you've signed for another club for the following year that puts your place in doubt you pick your strongest team every week surely
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

blinkstudios
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by blinkstudios » 30 Jun 2020, 08:12

tigerfeat wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 07:32 Anybody that watched the Nrl matches over the weekend there were a number of players who were going to be at different clubs next year they were still giving it there all
I don't know where it comes from over here that if you've signed for another club for the following year that puts your place in doubt you pick your strongest team every week surely
Mike was the 1st name on the team sheet playing well or not. Will be interesting to see if that's the case now he's leaving.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 30 Jun 2020, 08:16

blinkstudios wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 08:12
tigerfeat wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 07:32 Anybody that watched the Nrl matches over the weekend there were a number of players who were going to be at different clubs next year they were still giving it there all
Mike was the 1st name on the team sheet playing well or not. Will be interesting to see if that's the case now he's leaving.
Think the first name on the team sheet most weeks is Nathan Massey. Love him or loathe him, he does what is asked of him and he does it well. I admit he’s not my cup of tea but in Powell I trust...

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 30 Jun 2020, 09:54

Mike leaving will make no difference to team selection, every player wants to win trophies so he will be up for it, especially if the Challenge cup is still alive.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 30 Jun 2020, 10:10

sparky49 wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 09:54
Mike leaving will make no difference to team selection, every player wants to win trophies so he will be up for it, especially if the Challenge cup is still alive.
Whilst I think that is usually true, Mitch Clark showed it isn’t always. Once he’d signed for Wigan last season, his attitude stank so much Powell didn’t even want him around the club and shipped him out on loan to the Championship (despite us having a lot of injuries to contend with). I don’t think McMeeken will do the same, but it just goes to show that not every player is in it for success on the field.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 30 Jun 2020, 10:27

Fumper27 wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 20:21
So, you also wouldn’t play Smith, Moors, etc on that basis? Nose and face spring to mind.
If a player wants away they aren't interested in the club. Smith is average at best... Moors hasn't played for nigh 18 what with covid n injury, neither his fault, let's not get blinkered into think these 3 potential losses arent irreplaceable... They are.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 30 Jun 2020, 10:35

nottinghamtiger wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 10:10
Whilst I think that is usually true, Mitch Clark showed it isn’t always. Once he’d signed for Wigan last season, his attitude stank so much Powell didn’t even want him around the club and shipped him out on loan to the Championship (despite us having a lot of injuries to contend with). I don’t think McMeeken will do the same, but it just goes to show that not every player is in it for success on the field.
As it stands Wigan paid way too much for Clark he's not been able to get into a side who's props can't punch there way out of a soggy wet bag
Still think he did well at Cas can't speak for his attitude tho I don't know him
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 30 Jun 2020, 11:00

tigerfeat wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 10:35
nottinghamtiger wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 10:10
As it stands Wigan paid way too much for Clark he's not been able to get into a side who's props can't punch there way out of a soggy wet bag
Still think he did well at Cas can't speak for his attitude tho I don't know him
Did well until he knew he was leaving.
In his first game for us after signing for Wigan, he came off the bench and gave away two penalties, knocked-on and missed a tackle. Powell took him off and he stormed into the dressing room in a sulk and started getting changed. We then had someone else taken off for a HIA with ten minutes to go and Clark refused to come back on. It was a really tight game (we won with a drop-goal)and we really needed him for that last ten minutes, but he point-blank said he wasn’t going to go back out.
No surprise that turned out to be his last game and he was soon playing in the Championship.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 30 Jun 2020, 11:41

bane73 wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 10:27
If a player wants away they aren't interested in the club. Smith is average at best... Moors hasn't played for nigh 18 what with covid n injury, neither his fault, let's not get blinkered into think these 3 potential losses arent irreplaceable... They are.
Not having a go pal, just saying that we’ve gotta make use of all available resources. Not playing MM just because he is leaving could be the different between winning a trophy and not. At the end of the day, not everyone will react like Mitch Clark...

Captain
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Captain » 30 Jun 2020, 12:40

Fumper27 wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 11:41
bane73 wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 10:27
Not having a go pal, just saying that we’ve gotta make use of all available resources. Not playing MM just because he is leaving could be the different between winning a trophy and not. At the end of the day, not everyone will react like Mitch Clark...
For every Mitch Clark, there's also a Greg Minikin, another who knew he was leaving but gave his all every game he played and was arguably one of our better players that season. All comes down to individual player's attitudes.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 30 Jun 2020, 13:05

Has this one deffinately been confirmed yet?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 08 Aug 2020, 18:05

Would anyone like to count the number of carries McMeeken made when we were behind today? It won’t be hard, you can have a beer in one hand and use your other hand to count.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 08 Aug 2020, 18:06

After watching the Catalan match what does Mike bring to the Cas team? Basically nothing, dont let the door hit you on the way out :pray:

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 08 Aug 2020, 18:09

nottinghamtiger wrote: 08 Aug 2020, 18:05 Would anyone like to count the number of carries McMeeken made when we were behind today? It won’t be hard, you can have a beer in one hand and use your other hand to count.
Always been lazy when we're behind on the score, couldn't break an egg never mind a tackle.
🐯 COYF!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Aug 2020, 18:23

I've defended him all the time put he was taking the (REMOVED ) today
Vince Lombardi

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 08 Aug 2020, 22:25

He was missing in action today, doesn't appear to want to help out when we were losing the battle through the middle.

Seemed happier to top his tan up standing out wide today.