This scared me - Away fans boycott Wheldon Road

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

This scared me - Away fans boycott Wheldon Road

Post by Mysterio » 25 Jun 2020, 10:11

http://forums.redvee.net/showthread.php ... t=Mcmeeken

Although it’s not alarm bells yet, it’s not a nice thought.

The thing these fans don’t realise is RL is no good without ALL teams surviving.
Audacter Et Sincere

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: This scared me - Away fans boycott Wheldon Road

Post by Fumper27 » 25 Jun 2020, 10:41

Tell us something we don’t know 😂😂😂

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 25 Jun 2020, 10:47

Lol.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 25 Jun 2020, 10:56

No point boycotting cas ashworth is going else where... Nailed on. We've got lucky and he's chosen someone else, don't want a character like that down't lane.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 25 Jun 2020, 11:18

bane73 wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 10:56 No point boycotting cas ashworth is going else where... Nailed on. We've got lucky and he's chosen someone else, don't want a character like that down't lane.
“Guilty until proven innocent” in your eyes mate??

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Jun 2020, 11:28

Don't think reading the threads they have a problem with Ashworth signing for cas the anger seems to be they did it tough getting the new ground built as all clubs were told they needed to do that, and Cas and Wakey havnt but Cas still spend 150k and 100k on players
Mind you they have the saltiest fans in rugby so if it wasn't state of other clubs grounds they would be moaning about something else
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 25 Jun 2020, 11:53

Pretty pathetic in my opinion, I wish the schools were open again.

CasAttack
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasAttack » 25 Jun 2020, 12:11

I appreciate our ground and Wakefields grounds are crap. The facilities are crap and at points the view can be crap. But those saints fans moaning aint visiting every week. Once or twice a season for 80 minutes. Big wow! Im sure all us Cas fans want better facilities and a shiny new stadium but there isn't much we can do except wait.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 25 Jun 2020, 12:29

Ironic really.
I’ve seen a million and one polls asking which are your favourite RL ground voted by other supporters.
Wheldon rd is always up there.
Some opposition fans like to moan for moaning sake.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Jun 2020, 12:34

Your right luv I've talked to many away supporters who have said there favourite away fixture is Cas away
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 25 Jun 2020, 12:58

Fumper27 wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 11:18
bane73 wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 10:56 No point boycotting cas ashworth is going else where... Nailed on. We've got lucky and he's chosen someone else, don't want a character like that down't lane.
That n saints fans say he's not as good as he thinks he is. Bullet dodged.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 25 Jun 2020, 13:16

bane73 wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 12:58
Fumper27 wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 11:18
That n saints fans say he's not as good as he thinks he is. Bullet dodged.
Fair enough. Although we have some of our members on here slating Mcmeekan because he’s rumoured to be leaving...

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 25 Jun 2020, 14:12

the cas ground has an independent inspection every pre season and believe it or not it only fails on 2 things. away dressing room is too small and we are 250 seats short, both easily rectified if it came to the crunch.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 25 Jun 2020, 18:11

I have theory that a lot of frequent posters on forums never actually attend games home or away. They just like moaning. In my experience when we are out having a few pots round Cas, or in the Bootroom after a game. Win lose or draw virtually every away fan you talk to will tell you Cas away is the favourite away game of the season. Now I have no scientific data to back this up, but surely the rest of you have experienced this? I get the impression that most genuine supporters of all clubs that attend games aren’t interested in getting involved in the misery of social media, forums and the like. They just enjoy watching rugby, having a laugh with there mates or family and getting away from all the usual problems that life throws up for a few hours. The time we have been away from our beloved rugby league has certainly hammered this point home to me. I’d be more than happy to trail up to Workington on a cold wet miserable night to watch some rugby and have a few jars at the minute! I’m pretty sure that the majority of away fans would have no intention whatsoever of boycotting our ground, as I’m sure we’d be the same with anyone else’s. Ridiculous statement by probably a salty keyboard warrior saints fan.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 26 Jun 2020, 16:09

Why would you be scared of a few Saints fans moaning?

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 26 Jun 2020, 19:08

As lovely as Saints new ground is, The best company they could find for the naming rights is a vape company and their shirt sponsor is Cash convertors....hardly blue chip brands.

I was also a neutral supporter at many a major final they got to,and to my recollection they had more drunk and abusive fans than any other!

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 27 Jun 2020, 11:33

CasAttack wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 12:11 I appreciate our ground and Wakefields grounds are crap. The facilities are crap and at points the view can be crap. But those saints fans moaning aint visiting every week. Once or twice a season for 80 minutes. Big wow! Im sure all us Cas fans want better facilities and a shiny new stadium but there isn't much we can do except wait.
You must be a very small person, if you think the view darn lane, no matter where I stand the view has been perfect

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 27 Jun 2020, 11:44

Frankas wrote: 27 Jun 2020, 11:33
CasAttack wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 12:11 I appreciate our ground and Wakefields grounds are crap. The facilities are crap and at points the view can be crap. But those saints fans moaning aint visiting every week. Once or twice a season for 80 minutes. Big wow! Im sure all us Cas fans want better facilities and a shiny new stadium but there isn't much we can do except wait.
You must be a very small person, if you think the view darn lane, no matter where I stand the view has been perfect
Only place I think the view is iffy is in the main stand.
If a high ball is put up you lose sight off it.
Same at the back of the WRE.
Apart from that views are pretty good from the rest of the ground.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 27 Jun 2020, 12:35

old cas lass wrote: 27 Jun 2020, 11:44
Frankas wrote: 27 Jun 2020, 11:33
Only place I think the view is iffy is in the main stand.
If a high ball is put up you lose sight off it.
Same at the back of the WRE.
Apart from that views are pretty good from the rest of the ground.
To be fair, most of the under cover part of our ground has restricted views at certain angles due to the steel girders holding the roof up. Apart from that, I love OUR home ground

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 27 Jun 2020, 18:22

i don't know what to make of the criticism. i myself take up my place at the wheldon road end every game. i may visit the toilets near the arthur atkinson gates and have a drink in legends bar after. these are the only bits of the ground i see. i think it will be similar for away fans as they are hardly likely to make a full inspection of the stadiums facilities.
the wigan fans usually only have to put up with our facilities for about 70 minutes. :)
jo brand is eddie warings love child