An interesting read-Michael Carter

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: An interesting read-Michael Carter

Post by casjunction » 25 Jun 2020, 13:20

I read the article and it crysalises the immediate and gives an insight into the long term impact of Covid 19.
It also personalises it when he talks of cooperation and resistance to the changes to staff conditions and that both responses will be remembered for the future.
You also have the Rhinos sayimg the pandemic has led to millions in lost revenue.
I can only assume that this relates to the corporate packages, receptions, share of the entire site.
Then you have Wigans CEO saying he has put in half a million of his own cash into the clubs coffers.
No doubt all clubs will be facing similar challenges and this will no doubt impact on retention and recruitment.
Glad I'm just a fan.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 25 Jun 2020, 14:38

Agreed with all you say, it feels bad being a specci at times so can’t imagine what it’s like to run/own a club.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Jun 2020, 10:49

Don't think Carter should be discussing players wages on the Wakefield fans forum easy to fire shots when the other party can't reply
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 26 Jun 2020, 11:46

tigerfeat wrote: 26 Jun 2020, 10:49 Don't think Carter should be discussing players wages on the Wakefield fans forum easy to fire shots when the other party can't reply
It was Totalrl mate not our forum.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Jun 2020, 12:21

JIN JER wrote: 26 Jun 2020, 11:46
tigerfeat wrote: 26 Jun 2020, 10:49 Don't think Carter should be discussing players wages on the Wakefield fans forum easy to fire shots when the other party can't reply
It was Totalrl mate not our forum.
Yeah I know mate I said somewhere else it was a great insight
I just saw he was on your forum talking about young Kershaw I've seen him do it before with players up to him like I just think doing that on a fans forum gives him all the advantage over the player he's talking about
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 26 Jun 2020, 12:40

To be honest mate I don’t read our forum that much out of season.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 26 Jun 2020, 12:54

when you read the bit about young kershaw it makes you realise how the players are treated like pieces of meat. his new improved contract is only just above the minimum wage. if another club want him they would have to pay around £40,000 because of the time he has spent at the club. he's making more at the moment by working as a hermes driver and is thinking of moving to union as they wouldn't have to pay a fee. i wonder how many more like him are scattered around the leagues.
jo brand is eddie warings love child