Signings

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Signings

Post by tigerfeat » 13 May 2020, 19:38

Has young Hodgson been promoted not sure lot expected of that young man anyway
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tigertail

Post by Tigertail » 13 May 2020, 20:14

tigerfeat wrote: 13 May 2020, 19:38 Has young Hodgson been promoted not sure lot expected of that young man anyway
Just read an interview by his Uncle on twitter and he confirms he's now full time training with first team? Heard before all this that he had a number of offers on the table though, Fullback aint e?

Show 'n' Go
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Show 'n' Go » 13 May 2020, 21:01

Tigertail wrote: 13 May 2020, 20:14
tigerfeat wrote: 13 May 2020, 19:38 Has young Hodgson been promoted not sure lot expected of that young man anyway
Just read an interview by his Uncle on twitter and he confirms he's now full time training with first team? Heard before all this that he had a number of offers on the table though, Fullback aint e?
Yeah he is, and a very good one at that! Interesting interview with Ste Mills who speaks very highly of him & Sam Hall.

Only saw 1 U16's game last season and Hodgson stood out by a mile, can't think of anyone to compare his footwork to, it's quality. This his knees are made of elastic!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 13 May 2020, 22:20

Tigertail wrote: 13 May 2020, 18:14
lurcher wrote: 12 May 2020, 14:46
nottinghamtiger wrote: 12 May 2020, 10:59
old cas lass wrote: 12 May 2020, 10:03 Any idea which players are DEFINITELY leaving.
It's not possible to have an idea of something definitely happening.
All we know is who is out of contract. Some will leave through choice if they get a better deal elsewhere, some will not be retained by the club because we replace them, and some will re-sign.
thats more or less what was said at the "meet the directors" evening. 4 to leave, 3 new signings and at least 1 promoted from within.
Ayup Lurcher. Promotion within meaning one of the young lads u recon?
aye that will be it mate. as some one has said powell would like to build a squad of mainly young british players. we have some cracking young forwards and young hodgson is unbelievable. cas got his signature at age 14 when every single club in super league were chasing him.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 14 May 2020, 09:15

Does the signing of evalds block his pathway to the first team though?if so and the lad as undoubted talent he could be snapped up by someone else.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 14 May 2020, 09:35

Scoopage wrote: 14 May 2020, 09:15 Does the signing of evalds block his pathway to the first team though?if so and the lad as undoubted talent he could be snapped up by someone else.
That depends on whether the Evalds deal is really only a year and what happens after that.
But even if Evalds stays, Hodgson is still a kid. He’ll need some time playing in the championship I would imagine.
When (if) he starts playing Super League, it’ll likely be on the wing initially so he can get used to the speed of the game before playing at full-back. Most top full-backs spend a considerable part of their early career playing on the wing (as Evalds did) before taking the full-back position regularly. There aren’t many who come in and play there straight away (I can think of Tomkins as an exception, though).
I don’t think signing a 27 year old top full back is going to block the development of a young kid in the academy. If anything, it will help him to train alongside a top full-back.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 May 2020, 10:20

Scoopage wrote: 14 May 2020, 09:15 Does the signing of evalds block his pathway to the first team though?if so and the lad as undoubted talent he could be snapped up by someone else.
Don't think Hodgson will be going anywhere he played stand off when I saw him
If the season starts again and there's a number of midweek games I'm sure he will get a game show everybody what he's got in his locker
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tigertail

Post by Tigertail » 14 May 2020, 10:30

When I heard the news about Evalds I wondered whether the rumours were true about him leaving. As mentioned previously and many times before on here, many clubs are talking about this kid