Rugby league to suspend season.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Rugby league to suspend season.

Post by JIN JER » 24 Mar 2020, 12:15

Am I right in thinking the RL powers that be are meeting today? We might know a little more tomorrow.

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 24 Mar 2020, 19:07

RL power's that be 🤔 Gary Hetherington, Ian Lenagan and McManus springs to mind. T***s everyone...

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Mar 2020, 20:09

RFL & SL say season suspension will be extended beyond April

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 24 Mar 2020, 20:56

Fumper27 wrote: 24 Mar 2020, 20:09 RFL & SL say season suspension will be extended beyond April
I’ve seen people in Australia saying they may just scrap 2020 there 😳. Be June at the earliest in the Uk.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 24 Mar 2020, 23:29

My opinion, Magic weekend is gone, challenge cup final gone, best we can hope for is possibly rugby in September, no loop fixtures.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 25 Mar 2020, 02:02

JIN JER wrote: 24 Mar 2020, 23:29 My opinion, Magic weekend is gone, challenge cup final gone, best we can hope for is possibly rugby in September, no loop fixtures.
Can’t see them losing the loop fixtures, clubs will need all the income from as many home games they can get. Can see a grand final played between the top two with no play offs though, or at best 1st qualifies directly and 2&3 play off. Ashes will be a goner as well.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 25 Mar 2020, 11:43

I was just basing my opinion on 1, when this nightmare finishes and 2, will SL/the RL delay the 2021 season for a few months. Hopefully player welfare comes into play, the season surely can't finish in December and expect the players back into pre season for a February start" It's all very complicated. I'm guessing sports won't restart till September purely based on the media saying quite a few times that schools are not likely to be back till September.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 25 Mar 2020, 14:59

The forum provides a welcome diversion in unprecedented and challenging times.
We all love our rugby in the way others love their sports.
The situation we find ourselves puts lots of things into perspective.
The money paid to top footballers, the sponsorship deals and many of the sums of moneys are eye-watering to the point of being obscene as such some teams will survive and selfishly pick up where they left off.
Rugby League does not attract those sums of money and we could see a very different structure.
How do you justify an away match in Toronto.
We could see the return of semi professional or part time players.
I am no in the know in fact the phrase looses meaning.
However when whatever happens and when ever it happens it's unlikely and in my opinion things will return as though nothing had happened.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 25 Mar 2020, 15:09

casjunction wrote: 25 Mar 2020, 14:59 The forum provides a welcome diversion in unprecedented and challenging times.
We all love our rugby in the way others love their sports.
The situation we find ourselves puts lots of things into perspective.
The money paid to top footballers, the sponsorship deals and many of the sums of moneys are eye-watering to the point of being obscene as such some teams will survive and selfishly pick up where they left off.
Rugby League does not attract those sums of money and we could see a very different structure.
How do you justify an away match in Toronto.
We could see the return of semi professional or part time players.
I am no in the know in fact the phrase looses meaning.
However when whatever happens and when ever it happens it's unlikely and in my opinion things will return as though nothing had happened.
I think you might be surprised. Things always tend to go “back to normal” eventually, even if ‘normal’ has a slightly different meaning.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 26 Mar 2020, 16:13

Potential positives for later in the year if we do get restarted:

- Junior finally gets fit
- The season has to be completed by the end of December with the final 2 games on Boxing Day & NY Eve
- My current wife will have really settled into the practice of social distancing herself from me and won’t mind me spending the remainder of Boxing Day in the rubber dub dub
- The training pitch will have less pram tracks in it
- The flies in the Princess Street toilets tend to be less aggressive once we get the other side of August Bank Holiday
- Phil Clarke’s current wardrobe disasters may have come into fashion

Here’s hoping...

Stay safe everyone.

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 26 Mar 2020, 17:01

We might even see the lesser spotted Feki by the time the season resumes

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 26 Mar 2020, 17:52

Think I once saw a picture of the lesser spotted feki on the blue planet. Apparently a rare creature.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 27 Mar 2020, 23:45

Tigers1926 wrote: 24 Mar 2020, 19:07 RL power's that be 🤔 Gary Hetherington, Ian Lenagan and McManus springs to mind. T***s everyone...
:D :clap:
jo brand is eddie warings love child

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 27 Mar 2020, 23:49

JIN JER wrote: 24 Mar 2020, 23:29 My opinion, Magic weekend is gone, challenge cup final gone, best we can hope for is possibly rugby in September, no loop fixtures.
trouble with that mate is toronto have been playing their loop fixtures first but i'm sure super league will find a way round it.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 29 Mar 2020, 14:25

Ref magic weekend, Does not every one think we should be getting some clarity on this, As this is going to cost a lot of people a far amount of money if they leave it till the last minute with hotel bills and travel. A lot of family's that will be going can not afford to lose in this troubled time. I Know the club read these post so a bit of clarity from them wouldn't go amiss. and Before some off you start I myself are more fortunate than a lot others so I can afford to lose out ,Also I have been a Cas fan through thick and thin for a lot more years than most on here. :) :)

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 29 Mar 2020, 18:37

yorkie1bn wrote: 29 Mar 2020, 14:25 Ref magic weekend, Does not every one think we should be getting some clarity on this, As this is going to cost a lot of people a far amount of money if they leave it till the last minute with hotel bills and travel. A lot of family's that will be going can not afford to lose in this troubled time. I Know the club read these post so a bit of clarity from them wouldn't go amiss. and Before some off you start I myself are more fortunate than a lot others so I can afford to lose out ,Also I have been a Cas fan through thick and thin for a lot more years than most on here. :) :)
I got an e mail last week from premier inn offering to cancel our stay with a full refund, snapped their hands off.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 29 Mar 2020, 20:43

with the vibes coming from the government i will be very surprised if we see any rugby this season, do i miss my rugby fix you bet i do, keep safe you out there

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 29 Mar 2020, 23:30

There's no way on earth mass gatherings will be allowed for a good few months - wouldn't be surprised if they're banned for this year at least. That leaves the only potential of the matches being played behind closed doors but then it could be months and months away and could clubs feasibility afford to play these matches.

If it gets to July time at a push we could maybe run a mini season, what ever the outcome sport will be a write off this year.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 30 Mar 2020, 08:37

Unfortunately player welfare and that of supporter's we'll get there eventually but at the end of the day there's more pressing issues than Rugby League.