Rugby league to suspend season.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Rugby league to suspend season.

Post by stuey » 16 Mar 2020, 19:07

Why this obsession with a restart early April by all the Sports and just a 3 week break. All the Government experts state the peak will be at the end of May, so it will at least a 8 to 10 week break. Are the RL and all the other Sports saying the Govenment experts are all wrong.

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 16 Mar 2020, 19:29

Here's just another one for the forum. 5G where was the 1st 5G mast? Where was the 2nd 5G mast installed? On another note, let's hope it comes and goes ASAP and that everyone's families and friends etc etc etc get through this as healthy as possible. Good luck and may God bless you. COYF 🐯💪

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 16 Mar 2020, 20:01

stuey wrote: 16 Mar 2020, 19:07 Why this obsession with a restart early April by all the Sports and just a 3 week break. All the Government experts state the peak will be at the end of May, so it will at least a 8 to 10 week break. Are the RL and all the other Sports saying the Govenment experts are all wrong.
Nope that's just the initial suspended time frame theyve all said they will revaluate has things escalate. Probably looking at may tbh
TM Out

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 17 Mar 2020, 13:12

Without a dramatic change of a financial plan, we will witness the demise of our great game.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 17 Mar 2020, 15:50

Are the players still training or has it been stopped all together?2 weeks with no training is a long time to go if so.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 Mar 2020, 21:04

trying to a time on this is like asking how long is a piece of string, i would love it to go away but i think we are in it for the long haul

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 Mar 2020, 21:36

Bolton-tiger wrote: 17 Mar 2020, 15:50 Are the players still training or has it been stopped all together?2 weeks with no training is a long time to go if so.
I would imagine the club may have given the players a week or two off to self isolate to see if they develop any symptoms and also to make sure families are OK.

Probably be back in week after next ahead of the cup tie then.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Mar 2020, 07:33

Do you seriously think a game is going to be played in two or three weeks time?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 18 Mar 2020, 08:23

In all honesty no, though the next game is the CC game which theoretically could be played behind closed doors.

However, that is where the club is at. They have 3 weeks until beginning of April before the next game. The club and the sport will hang off the guidance of the government but it may not be known what the situation is until later that week.

Plus the players are going to have to carry on training/keep fit somehow so training will have to carry on eventually.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Mar 2020, 09:44

I listened to Todd Greenberg head of the NRL yesterday he said everything should be done to keep going making sure all the players were clear to play and ready to keep playing which he had the full backing of all the players and clubs in
Playing behind closed doors and extending the season even if it meant delaying the start of the following season but one thing he made clear the season would be completed without losing fixtures

If at all possible
Vince Lombardi

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 18 Mar 2020, 11:50

tigerfeat wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 09:44 I listened to Todd Greenberg head of the NRL yesterday he said everything should be done to keep going making sure all the players were clear to play and ready to keep playing which he had the full backing of all the players and clubs in
Playing behind closed doors and extending the season even if it meant delaying the start of the following season but one thing he made clear the season would be completed without losing fixtures

If at all possible
That's the difference between a professionally run organisation and the English RFL!

Kenilworth Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Kenilworth Tiger » 18 Mar 2020, 12:07

Mysterio wrote: 15 Mar 2020, 23:34 Big panic about nothing,
Over 2,500 people in Italy have died from this and yesterday the government said if they keep the death toll below 20,000 in this country it will be a success

But yeah nothing to panic about - unless of course you're totally selfish

you may not be old or have underlying health risks but you could transmit to somebody who could - still as long as you're ok eh?
I don't have a favourite second team - it's Cas 100% for me

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 18 Mar 2020, 12:16

Thing s can soon get out of hand. I work at a supermarket and it's completely crazy. People just buying everything haven't time to replenish stock before it's gone again. Like locust's devouring everything in their path. Making more people suffer needlessly through greed.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Mar 2020, 12:24

Piquad1 wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 12:16 Thing s can soon get out of hand. I work at a supermarket and it's completely crazy. People just buying everything haven't time to replenish stock before it's gone again. Like locust's devouring everything in their path. Making more people suffer needlessly through greed.
That's the point I made earlier in the week God help us if everybody had had that mentality between 1939 -1945 and for the nearly ten years rationing that followed those years
Vince Lombardi

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 18 Mar 2020, 13:11

Kenilworth Tiger wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 12:07
Mysterio wrote: 15 Mar 2020, 23:34 Big panic about nothing,
Over 2,500 people in Italy have died from this and yesterday the government said if they keep the death toll below 20,000 in this country it will be a success

But yeah nothing to panic about - unless of course you're totally selfish

you may not be old or have underlying health risks but you could transmit to somebody who could - still as long as you're ok eh?
I would never conform to the "nothing" beleif but I do believe people are panicking unnecessarily.

I am in the high risk category and because of this I am ensuring I follow the guidlines to reduce the possiblity of me catching it.

However, I do not believe everyone needs to lock themselves away and reduce society to being meaningless. For most folk it will just seem like a csae of the flu, which doesn't bring mass hysteria. Protecting the vulnerable is the way forward and let the rest of you get on with life.

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 18 Mar 2020, 16:29

My concern is the wait for a vaccine of some kind; I understand the "flattening the curve" idea, however if you're going to put a nation into lockdown, then they're going to have to stay there until there's a vaccine and you can begin to inoculate people against the disease. Otherwise, we're just delaying the inevitable... I just hope they develop something effective soon - people won't stay cooped up for ever.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 18 Mar 2020, 17:37

8-[ It's catch 22 do you or don't you isolate. I believe you should but will everyone. To be honest it's a scary scenario. I found out today that my Doctor's surgery is closed because some staff and doctors came down with symptoms. I know it sounds a bit drastic but I think the armed forces medical crews got on board to ease pressure on hospitals. Like that programme Mash start erecting tents and medial units to try to eliviate some pressure. I know it sounds daft but Christ people are dropping like flies.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 18 Mar 2020, 17:59

And as for the spaces to erect these medical units look at all the empty sports grounds with facilities that could be used. And revenue from the government to keep them operational. Might be a stupid post but I thought I would throw it out there because I personally can't see much else happening apart from throwing money at it.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 18 Mar 2020, 18:06

Burratha wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 16:29 My concern is the wait for a vaccine of some kind; I understand the "flattening the curve" idea, however if you're going to put a nation into lockdown, then they're going to have to stay there until there's a vaccine and you can begin to inoculate people against the disease. Otherwise, we're just delaying the inevitable... I just hope they develop something effective soon - people won't stay cooped up for ever.
Problem with vaccines is the development legislation, which if followed takes a number of years before one is adopted.
Should they bypass the legal route and take risks?

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 18 Mar 2020, 18:18

cogito ergo sum wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 18:06 Problem with vaccines is the development legislation, which if followed takes a number of years before one is adopted.
Should they bypass the legal route and take risks?
I don't think we have a choice here...