New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Casmania
Verified

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Casmania » 17 Mar 2020, 16:53

on side wrote: 17 Mar 2020, 15:13
The Firm wrote: 17 Mar 2020, 12:36
casjunction wrote: 17 Mar 2020, 11:09 Thanks Lurcher very comprehensive statement.
I understand the reluctance on Laterals part Rock and a Hard Place.
They have spent a lot of money already.
They are should it happen gifting us a Stadium.
They are not wanting to tell anyone they may have invested a huge amount of money and look to receive no return on it.
Any statement could put off or lead to stakeholders withdrawing funding potential retailers pulling out.
Frustrating as it is we have no right to make any sort of demands.
Given Lateral only got the scheme passed on the back of the S106 giving us and the community a ground we have every right to demand to know what is going on.
Like I have said before lateral will not lose money the land will be resold for housing once the time limit were you have to reply again for planning permission if nothing built comes
With planning restrictions being eased, allied with the increasing demand for new housing, Lateral could easily recoup what they have spent.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 17 Mar 2020, 18:47

Casmania wrote: 17 Mar 2020, 16:53
casjunction wrote: 17 Mar 2020, 11:09 Thanks Lurcher very comprehensive statement.
I understand the reluctance on Laterals part Rock and a Hard Place.
They have spent a lot of money already.
They are should it happen gifting us a Stadium.
They are not wanting to tell anyone they may have invested a huge amount of money and look to receive no return on it.
Any statement could put off or lead to stakeholders withdrawing funding potential retailers pulling out.
Frustrating as it is we have no right to make any sort of demands.
Given Lateral only got the scheme passed on the back of the S106 giving us and the community a ground we have every right to demand to know what is going on.
Like I have said before lateral will not lose money the land will be resold for housing once the time limit were you have to reply again for planning permission if nothing built comes
With planning restrictions being eased, allied with the increasing demand for new housing, Lateral could easily recoup what they have spent.
Even so, that doesn’t necessarily mean that a new stadium couldn’t be the community gain from the development if its housing rather than retail.

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 17 Mar 2020, 19:08

I passed by the bottom of hollywell lane yesterday and I saw some earth moving/levellers don't know what the purpose was thou?. Happy st Pat's day, just on my 10th pot of the black nectar.

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 17 Mar 2020, 19:42

43s flyer wrote: 17 Mar 2020, 19:08 I passed by the bottom of hollywell lane yesterday and I saw some earth moving/levellers don't know what the purpose was thou?. Happy st Pat's day, just on my 10th pot of the black nectar.
What you doing no social activities were in lock down lol

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 17 Mar 2020, 19:59

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 17 Mar 2020, 18:47
Even so, that doesn’t necessarily mean that a new stadium couldn’t be the community gain from the development if its housing rather than retail.
I think that would be highly unlikely. Historically out of town stadiums have normally been part of a larger retail development or something similar.
I'm unsure if planning permission for a housing estate with a sports stadium in the middle would be granted.
In addition, would any houses sell knowing what match day disruption can cause - especially street parking, noise, disturbance etc.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 17 Mar 2020, 22:23

If the current climate goes on for as long as some people suggest there may not be any need for a new ground.

This could also end the whole project if the ground is integral to the building of the shopping complex.

Let’s hope it all works out well in the long run but at this moment who can be sure?

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 17 Mar 2020, 23:29

Casmania wrote: 17 Mar 2020, 19:59
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 17 Mar 2020, 18:47
I think that would be highly unlikely. Historically out of town stadiums have normally been part of a larger retail development or something similar.
I'm unsure if planning permission for a housing estate with a sports stadium in the middle would be granted.
In addition, would any houses sell knowing what match day disruption can cause - especially street parking, noise, disturbance etc.
Possibly because going back a few years local authorities fought tooth and nail against out of town retail and we’re able to hard sell stadia through planning gain.
Seeing where housing is being built ( and bought) at the moment, I’m sure a layout could be agreed with housing and a stadium. Just thinking about it, didn’t the Waystone proposal include housing?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 18 Mar 2020, 00:24

"While, we once again contacted the Axiom team, who on this occasion replied to tell us 'significant and positive news' is coming in the next few weeks"

Taken from Leeds Live
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 18 Mar 2020, 01:11

HuddsTigers wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 00:24 "While, we once again contacted the Axiom team, who on this occasion replied to tell us 'significant and positive news' is coming in the next few weeks"

Taken from Leeds Live
get your hard had on mate. :(
jo brand is eddie warings love child

frainthepain
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by frainthepain » 18 Mar 2020, 09:42

The statement is coming.... Covid 19 will be blamed for the delay.... Global recession is also coming... That's the next excuse.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 18 Mar 2020, 10:14

HuddsTigers wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 00:24 "While, we once again contacted the Axiom team, who on this occasion replied to tell us 'significant and positive news' is coming in the next few weeks"

Taken from Leeds Live
:shock: have Axiom set on Comical Ali to head their PR team?

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 18 Mar 2020, 10:52

Taken from Leeds Live

This is true but I suspect the Coronavirus outbreak has delayed the announcement.

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 18 Mar 2020, 10:55

Taken from Leeds Live
Wow really you got to love some peoples optimism is this a early April fool

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Mar 2020, 11:14

sirocco7 wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 10:52

Taken from Leeds Live

This is true but I suspect the Coronavirus outbreak has delayed the announcement.
:-&
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 18 Mar 2020, 11:43

sirocco7 wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 10:52

Taken from Leeds Live

Why????

Surely they would be shouting it from the rooftops. I'm sure all the stakeholders would more than welcome some positive news.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 18 Mar 2020, 11:54

Whilst I appreciate the website is called "Leeds Live", what is the date of the announcement?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 02 Apr 2020, 17:18

Taken from Leeds Live
Hi Hudds, I obviously missed the announcement please can you bring me up to speed?

When can we expect shovels in the ground?

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 04 Apr 2020, 18:03

Any chance has now gone..........
Truth is always best !

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 04 Apr 2020, 20:06

Robbo wrote: 04 Apr 2020, 18:03 Any chance has now gone..........
Quite right, anyone still believe there’s even an outside chance of this happening?

Some economists are predicting 20% unemployment and a 1930’s style depression. Hardly the conditions to build a new retail complex!

Dead and buried.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 04 Apr 2020, 20:50

Unfortunately, what we are experiencing just now will be like a “Walk in the Park” compared to the carnage that awaits us as the new normal will be an absolute decimation of life as we know it if this carries on into next year which it may do - not much money around, closed businesses, plenty of people on the breadline and will just about afford to feed their families and no help from the government as we would have already maxed out in trying to stem this virus and pay all these 80% furloughing and the massive bill for equipment to fight the virus.

I give a tolerance threshold of 6 months and after that Be Afraid as it’s not going to be very pretty !