New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Piquad1 » 26 Feb 2020, 17:36

Went bye this morning saw two guys with high vis tops on couldn't make out what they were doing tried to nosey a bit but the lights turned to green.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 26 Feb 2020, 17:54

ha ha, they always turn to green just when you think you've spotted some thing.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 27 Feb 2020, 17:37

Lol Lurch

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 12 Mar 2020, 16:31

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 12 Mar 2020, 17:56

It's no chance of happening it will take the country 10 years to recoup the billions its spending on this outbreak and Brexit.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 12 Mar 2020, 19:20

I think although in denial and being aware of the challenges prior to the Coronavirus issue that we will be at Wheldon Road for the foreseeable future or perhaps permanently.
Who knows if the board will make significant investments to all least improve the ground.
It seems unlikely.
Will we loose our Super League status as a result?
Who knows!
The Coronavirus also shows how the expansionist vision could quickly collapse.
So unable to influence the global economy or nature's way of reminding us we are not as omnipotent as we think.
Let's just keep on going down the lane and sing our hearts out for the lads.
COYF

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 12 Mar 2020, 20:32

Has anybody else heard a rumour that Barkers Fencing have bought some land and are extending into what i presume to by the communal parkland part of the glasshoughton site?

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 16 Mar 2020, 14:53

With this pandemic potentially setting the economy back years, there’s not a hope in hell of this pipe dream materialising.

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 16 Mar 2020, 15:27

alftupper wrote: 16 Mar 2020, 14:53 With this pandemic potentially setting the economy back years, there’s not a hope in hell of this pipe dream materialising.
No never,we wont have enough money to buy a pair of socks never mind a designer shirt in the shopping centre

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 16 Mar 2020, 16:35

The absence of progress and updates/information from Lateral has been sadly lacking to be honest.
Projected starting times keep slipping.

Some sort of statement would be good. However any statement should be more factual and not just a 'things are progressing well' 'we're on track' tag line.

After all, we were supposed to be in the new stadium for 2017!

MY CLUB. MY CAS

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 16 Mar 2020, 18:25

i went to the CTSC event "meet the directors". the 2nd question of the night was "whats happening with the new ground?"
they said although they rely on lateral making statements they contacted them as they expected this question to be asked.
they replied that they had stopped giving statement about the timescale as every time they do a major event (election, brexit, and now coronavirus) sets things back. they understand how frustrating this is for every one but they stress that the ground is only a small square in the corner of this huge development but are working harder than ever to make it happen.

in the second half of the meeting it was asked if we had a plan B for if lateral pulled out.
the answer (given very firmly) was that lateral would not pull out as they have spent £20 million on the project already, but the only 2 things the jungle fails on at each years inspection are away changing room is too small and we are 250 seats short.
don't shoot the messenger i'm only reporting what was said.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 16 Mar 2020, 19:00

thanks again Lurcher.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Mar 2020, 21:57

It is possible to provide an update without putting timescales in. A bit of openness never hurt anyone and a bit of engagement could even be used to demonstrate the will/excitement/demand to try and secure more retailers (assuming they still need more).
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 16 Mar 2020, 22:28

HuddsTigers wrote: 16 Mar 2020, 21:57 It is possible to provide an update without putting timescales in. A bit of openness never hurt anyone and a bit of engagement could even be used to demonstrate the will/excitement/demand to try and secure more retailers (assuming they still need more).
Question is they used to give timescales for both starting and completion.
Why have these ended?

I am not blaming Lateral for the failure to deliver.
When the project was first mooted, things probably stacked up financially then. Having to rethink and change the number and type of retailers due to a poor take up has made things harder.
The way we shop has changed dramatically. Other retail centres are really struggling, with Intu - the owners of the Trafford and Lakeside parks - declaring they could go bust, only 4 days ago. This is forced to have a detrimental effect on any potential retailers who may be considering renting a unit.

However, I believe Lateral should be more open and not just give a 'we're working hard' update.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 16 Mar 2020, 23:22

lurcher wrote: 16 Mar 2020, 18:25 i went to the CTSC event "meet the directors". the 2nd question of the night was "whats happening with the new ground?"
they said although they rely on lateral making statements they contacted them as they expected this question to be asked.
they replied that they had stopped giving statement about the timescale as every time they do a major event (election, brexit, and now coronavirus) sets things back. they understand how frustrating this is for every one but they stress that the ground is only a small square in the corner of this huge development but are working harder than ever to make it happen.

in the second half of the meeting it was asked if we had a plan B for if lateral pulled out.
the answer (given very firmly) was that lateral would not pull out as they have spent £20 million on the project already, but the only 2 things the jungle fails on at each years inspection are away changing room is too small and we are 250 seats short.
don't shoot the messenger i'm only reporting what was said.
Thanks for that lurcher

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 17 Mar 2020, 11:09

Thanks Lurcher very comprehensive statement.
I understand the reluctance on Laterals part Rock and a Hard Place.
They have spent a lot of money already.
They are should it happen gifting us a Stadium.
They are not wanting to tell anyone they may have invested a huge amount of money and look to receive no return on it.
Any statement could put off or lead to stakeholders withdrawing funding potential retailers pulling out.
Frustrating as it is we have no right to make any sort of demands.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 17 Mar 2020, 12:35

News like todays that Carphone Warehouse are shutting all their stand alone shops and Laura Ashley are going into administration tells you all you need to know about whether this will happen. And the fallout from the virus will lead to more store failures. If the club think that just because they’ve already spend money on it they are going to continue to throw good money after bad then they are even more daft than i thought. At best they may ‘land bank’ it for years to see if things pick up. That though doesn’t help us.

And the club just saying that the ground just fails in a couple of minor issues misses the point entirely. The place is a dump and is getting worse. We aren’t going to be moving anytime soon, making a few piecemeal improvements should be a priority once things get back to normal.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 17 Mar 2020, 12:36

casjunction wrote: 17 Mar 2020, 11:09 Thanks Lurcher very comprehensive statement.
They are not wanting to tell anyone they may have invested a huge amount of money and look to receive no return on it.
Any statement could put off or lead to stakeholders withdrawing funding potential retailers pulling out.
Given Lateral only got the scheme passed on the back of the S106 giving us and the community a ground we have every right to demand to know what is going on.

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 17 Mar 2020, 15:13

The Firm wrote: 17 Mar 2020, 12:36
casjunction wrote: 17 Mar 2020, 11:09 Thanks Lurcher very comprehensive statement.
Given Lateral only got the scheme passed on the back of the S106 giving us and the community a ground we have every right to demand to know what is going on.
Like I have said before lateral will not lose money the land will be resold for housing once the time limit were you have to reply again for planning permission if nothing built comes

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 17 Mar 2020, 16:06

Any investment can result in losses and part of the skill is knowing when to stop investing to prevent further losses.

The backers of Lateral adn this development in particular still have the option of saying enough is enough and with no sign of the economy improving or the retail sector transforming, calling it a day seems very plausible.
Spreading the Cas gene pool