Saints up next

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Saints up next

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 Mar 2020, 19:20

Tigers1926 wrote: 09 Mar 2020, 19:05 The blogger who mentioned toilets and convenient in the same sentence, we're you taking the p**s? As for pre match entertainmen at this time of year 🤔 maybe later in the year 😎 Now let's not start getting on at each other but it's simple. If you support Cas Tigers and you can get down to as many games as possible, great. If you can only get down for certain games due to work or other commitments, so be it. The toilet thing, it's a tough one. If you've gotta go during a game you've gotta go, simple. I have seen better toilets, but I have seen a lot worse. Let's just leave it there shall we and just say that if you can get down't lane on Sunday great 👍 but if you don't want to, are you sure you support Cas. S**t toilets or no toilets won't be stopping me from going 💪 🐯 COYF 🏉
That’s the point though, isn’t it? There are those who will support the club, whatever happens. But we are missing out on potential customers (and therefore revenue) who aren’t necessarily die-hard fans, but whose money is worth the same.
The club don’t see it and it’s hard for long-term supporters who have a strong allegiance to the club to understand too, but many people who consume sport do so because it’s an enjoyable experience, not necessarily because they love the club or even the game itself. We just don’t attract those customers.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 Mar 2020, 20:04

tigerfeat wrote: 09 Mar 2020, 18:25
Piquad1 wrote: 09 Mar 2020, 17:46 The stadium is a let down the old girl is showing her age now. We need to find out what is happening with the proposed new ground and then move on from there. We will not attract new fans or players untill the facilities are brought up to date I know people will disagree but that my opinion. People need to be entertained I'm not saying our team are not entertainers there just needs to be something for the fans to enjoy before the game and after. At the end of the day it's a business and we should be focusing on making money and ploughing it back into the club. Well that's my pennies worth.
Most people get in ground half hour or less before kick-off
Exactly; people spend as little time at the game as possible. Imagine the revenue if we could draw a few thousand people into the ground an hour earlier.

johnboy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnboy » 09 Mar 2020, 20:33

HuddsTigers wrote: 09 Mar 2020, 18:48 Given the latest commentary on Coronavirus, it seems like the government may escalate their plan to the next step up later this week, which may include stopping sporting events and mass gatherings.

Given this is the case, the fans may not actually have a game this week. I wonder what the RFL have in store if this is the case given the revenue the clubs rely on.
Government advice is to "wash hands regularly". Now that would be a real challenge at the Jungle!
Be reasonable - do it my way!

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 09 Mar 2020, 20:37

mdean wrote: 09 Mar 2020, 13:40 Saint's is almost impossible to predict a win for us, it is a rare occurrence over the years.

Depends which teams turn up I guess, we put ourselves in to a position to beat Wire by hanging in the game, if we do the same maybe we get a bit of luck that gets us over the line.

Tough ask, I would make them 10 point favourites. And today I would back them to cover it.

As would I, as to be frank I was completely gobsmacked when the odds went on line this morning,to my erstwhile colleagues who have obviously had an Eden-esque brain fart and put in Saints at -4pts....don't give up your day job!

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 10 Mar 2020, 05:49

Whoops sorry for my opinion didn't want to get anyone's back up.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Mar 2020, 08:29

I was just interested what kind of things people wanted to see different on a Friday night in a build up to a match
Another rugby game as a curtain raiser might get people to go down early ?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 10 Mar 2020, 08:49

johnboy wrote: 09 Mar 2020, 20:33
HuddsTigers wrote: 09 Mar 2020, 18:48 Given the latest commentary on Coronavirus, it seems like the government may escalate their plan to the next step up later this week, which may include stopping sporting events and mass gatherings.

Given this is the case, the fans may not actually have a game this week. I wonder what the RFL have in store if this is the case given the revenue the clubs rely on.
Government advice is to "wash hands regularly". Now that would be a real challenge at the Jungle!
Approach Dettol to sponsor a game and give out free disinfectant for everybody.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 10 Mar 2020, 13:25

As its Saints, Covid-19 will be the least of our worries. I always fear the scoreline on this one but hey ho, we'll see what happens.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 13 Mar 2020, 12:17

his the game still on all football suspended for three weeks

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 13 Mar 2020, 13:01

on side wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 12:17 his the game still on all football suspended for three weeks
https://amp.theguardian.com/sport/2020/ ... ssion=true
🐯 COYF!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 Mar 2020, 13:14

on side wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 12:17 his the game still on all football suspended for three weeks
21 man squad named:

https://castlefordtigers.com/mobile/article.php?id=6850

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Mar 2020, 13:26

Young Bailey Hodgson in squad again i can see this lad pushing for full-back job next year
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 13 Mar 2020, 13:51

Nobody wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 13:01
Don't like the sound off that last bit could postpone the all season drastic would ruin cas financially

Tigertail

Post by Tigertail » 13 Mar 2020, 14:00

tigerfeat wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 13:26 Young Bailey Hodgson in squad again i can see this lad pushing for full-back job next year
Agreed. He's been there twice already this season and played against Widnes pre season. Heard lots about him, good pedigree too. Did he come all the way through at Castleford from Scholarship?

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 13 Mar 2020, 14:09

on side wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 13:51
Don't like the sound off that last bit could postpone the all season drastic would ruin cas financially
Elstone needs to make this abundantly clear right this very second of that exact point,

Sky could come to the rescue behind closed doors is my thinking. IF possible.
Audacter Et Sincere

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 13 Mar 2020, 14:14

Mysterio wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 14:09
on side wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 13:51
Elstone needs to make this abundantly clear right this very second of that exact point,

Sky could come to the rescue behind closed doors is my thinking. IF possible.
wont be behind close doors what about player welfare in contact with each other going home giving it to grandparents

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 13 Mar 2020, 14:46

Sky should get down to cas on Sunday, need to fill some of these gaps otherwise people will start cancelling . If our sport continues we may get a lot more coverage ?

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 13 Mar 2020, 15:07

The RFL have confirmed rugby league fixtures will go ahead this weekend as planned, as things stand.

They said in a statement to clubs: “We note the unilateral decision by the Premier League and EFL to suspend football fixtures, returning on 4th April (subject to medical advice and conditions at the time) due to a number of confirmed positive cases that have been confirmed in football clubs.

“We understand that following confirmed cases and in line with the current advice from the Government’s Chief Medical Officer and Chief Scientific Adviser this requires those people in close contact with confirmed cases to self-isolate - inevitably this includes other players and coaching staff therefore making the continuation of fixtures challenging.

“As you know, we have been in continual dialogue with DCMS on this matter, including again this morning and on the basis of there being no confirmed cases reported to us by our clubs, fixtures remain in place for the coming weekend. At all times the RFL has followed and is following the Government’s guidance as requested.

“We will of course monitor the position carefully for any changes and communicate in due course should any update be required
🐯 COYF!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 Mar 2020, 15:51

Nobody wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 15:07 The RFL have confirmed rugby league fixtures will go ahead this weekend as planned, as things stand.

They said in a statement to clubs: “We note the unilateral decision by the Premier League and EFL to suspend football fixtures, returning on 4th April (subject to medical advice and conditions at the time) due to a number of confirmed positive cases that have been confirmed in football clubs.

“We understand that following confirmed cases and in line with the current advice from the Government’s Chief Medical Officer and Chief Scientific Adviser this requires those people in close contact with confirmed cases to self-isolate - inevitably this includes other players and coaching staff therefore making the continuation of fixtures challenging.

“As you know, we have been in continual dialogue with DCMS on this matter, including again this morning and on the basis of there being no confirmed cases reported to us by our clubs, fixtures remain in place for the coming weekend. At all times the RFL has followed and is following the Government’s guidance as requested.

“We will of course monitor the position carefully for any changes and communicate in due course should any update be required
Unless you’re Leeds, who can make up their own rules....

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 13 Mar 2020, 16:19

Fumper27 wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 15:51
Nobody wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 15:07 The RFL have confirmed rugby league fixtures will go ahead this weekend as planned, as things stand.

Unless you’re Leeds, who can make up their own rules....
That is a strange one. They have one player who may or may not have the virus. That’s not sufficient to simply refuse to play. The RFL should hand the points to Catalans on the basis that Leeds have forfeited the game.