Totonto and the Salary Cap

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Totonto and the Salary Cap

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Jan 2020, 11:19

Adam Pearson spot on in the papers regarding everything Toronto ..."Stop moaning dont pay 3 million for one player then complain youve not enough players or money its ludicrous really ludicrous"
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 24 Jan 2020, 15:59

tigerfeat wrote: 24 Jan 2020, 11:19 Adam Pearson spot on in the papers regarding everything Toronto ..."Stop moaning dont pay 3 million for one player then complain youve not enough players or money its ludicrous really ludicrous"
Hes not though,

Theyre complaining about cap space,he only counts for 150k on the cap

Hes embarresed himself with that rant
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Jan 2020, 16:57

Think the 3 million was in reference to a player getting that much and refusing to wear a shirt with the sponsors name on

Players was them moaning about only having 23
The overall deal was them moaning about a deal they negotiated themselves to be in SL
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 24 Jan 2020, 23:14

Firstly, there are many precedents for athletes not displaying alcohol/gambling sponsorship due to religious beliefs.
Secondly, we have a whole team who do not wear the sponsorship and nobody seems to give a flying fig.
Thirdly, Betfred have got more exposure from Williams NOT wearing their logo!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 24 Jan 2020, 23:48

i wouldn't wear that cas shirt with tetley's on. smiths man myself.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 25 Jan 2020, 00:50

There is a difference between an athlete and a member of a team.
Is this the same lad who l saw give away his Runners up medal as he viewed it as worthless.
Great player but an ego not compatible with his beliefs unless it suits.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 25 Jan 2020, 01:13

casjunction wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 00:50 There is a difference between an athlete and a member of a team.
Is this the same lad who l saw give away his Runners up medal as he viewed it as worthless.
There are loads of players who have played as a team, but not sported sponsorship for gambling firms or alcoholic drinks. Some Newcastle players declined to wear such sponsorship more than ten years ago.
It wasn’t a runners-up medal he gave away either - it was a winner’s medal,
Seems to me that everyone wants to see the worst in him, whilst we should be celebrating the fact that we have a worldwide superstar in the competition who we can actually hold up as a model professional.
If every player in our squad had the attitude of SBW, we’d be better off. Unfortunately, most of them are too busy getting sozzled, fighting and falling out with each other. Put SBW into our squad and he changes the culture of the club.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 25 Jan 2020, 03:54

nottinghamtiger wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 01:13
casjunction wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 00:50 There is a difference between an athlete and a member of a team.
There are loads of players who have played as a team, but not sported sponsorship for gambling firms or alcoholic drinks. Some Newcastle players declined to wear such sponsorship more than ten years ago.
Seems to me that everyone wants to see the worst in him, whilst we should be celebrating the fact that we have a worldwide superstar in the competition who we can actually hold up as a model professional.
If every player in our squad had the attitude of SBW, we’d be better off. Unfortunately, most of them are too busy getting sozzled, fighting and falling out with each other. Put SBW into our squad and he changes the culture of the club.
I agree with your comments about Williams but I would be very surprised if what you say about a majority of our squad is true even though it is clear that it applies to some.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Jan 2020, 07:05

SBW as been involved in more than his fair share of boozy stuff so that's just tripe
One of the times he walked out of rugby league to join kick and clap I think it might have been while he was at the Bulldogs he was a character hated in the Nrl and seen always interested in money
The way he's behaved a lot of the time are polar opposite to someone with strong religious beliefs least in my eyes
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 Jan 2020, 11:03

Unless he converted to said religious beliefs after making poor decisions in the past?

People change and clean up their act. Sometimes religion and faith can be a catalyst for that.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 25 Jan 2020, 16:59

tigerfeat wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 07:05
SBW as been involved in more than his fair share of boozy stuff so that's just tripe
One of the times he walked out of rugby league to join kick and clap I think it might have been while he was at the Bulldogs he was a character hated in the Nrl and seen always interested in money
The way he's behaved a lot of the time are polar opposite to someone with strong religious beliefs least in my eyes
Perhaps he has a different attitude now he’s in his mid-30s than he did in his late teems and early 20s?

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 25 Jan 2020, 23:02

Twas a runners up medal.
Old Trafford 2013.
Happened just in front of me.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 26 Jan 2020, 10:18

HuddsTigers wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 11:03 Unless he converted to said religious beliefs after making poor decisions in the past?
his poor decisions will be a thing of the past now he’s converted to Islam I suppose :D

On the sponsorship front I think in a secular society it is wrong that an individual can dictate what he wears like this if others in that society cannot do the same. Just because his sky fairy tells him it is bad it is irrelevant, he should tow the line. I too wouldn’t want to wear a shirt with a betting company splashed all over it but as I’m not a signed up member of a crackpot religion I would have no recourse

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 26 Jan 2020, 11:51

Nothing stopping you from starting your own religion, Alf, and dictating what you can/can't do. Religion is a protected category so you can't be penalised for it. I'm sure there's a few people who would jump on board Alfyism.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 08 Feb 2020, 17:28

Got beat again today by Salford.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 08 Feb 2020, 18:10

Mcdonut has walked out of the AJ Bell without doing a press conference :D
🐯 COYF!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 08 Feb 2020, 19:01

Nobody wrote: 08 Feb 2020, 18:10 Mcdonut has walked out of the AJ Bell without doing a press conference :D

Haha yeah just seen this On twitter.

Farcical scenes at the AJ Bell Stadium. Brian McDermott has walked out without doing the official post-match press conference

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Feb 2020, 19:44

old cas lass wrote: 08 Feb 2020, 19:01
Nobody wrote: 08 Feb 2020, 18:10 Mcdonut has walked out of the AJ Bell without doing a press conference :D

Farcical scenes at the AJ Bell Stadium. Brian McDermott has walked out without doing the official post-match press conference
Why what was up with him then
Vince Lombardi

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 08 Feb 2020, 20:16

tigerfeat wrote: 08 Feb 2020, 19:44
old cas lass wrote: 08 Feb 2020, 19:01

Why what was up with him then
Confusion he said,waiting to be called in to do media and waiting ages so thought they didnt want to speak to the losing coach so he walked off

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 08 Feb 2020, 20:58

He’s probably still upset that a small northern England town beat him last week