New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 14 Dec 2019, 15:28

Thanks Casmania

Jenson

Post by Jenson » 28 Dec 2019, 22:10

Beaverbrooks has been removed from the website.

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 29 Dec 2019, 04:07

flood light tiger wrote: 13 Dec 2019, 13:46 Now brexit is sorted maybe the ground will get started
unfortunately it's far from sorted . If that's what they are waiting for we are in trouble .
TM Out

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Dec 2019, 07:28

All though I've thought for quite a while it's unlikely to get built just going on my own eyes in the build up to Christmas Excape -Freeport was packed the car parks looked full there's always a steady flow of traffic down Park Road heading there, just going on that another retail park across the way should do well
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 29 Dec 2019, 09:04

Noticed they have spent a bit off money down lane new windows every were and new wooden base round bar .Cant see cas spending money on these if they thought the new ground was going to happen any time soon i am afraid its starting to look a none starter now going too need a plan b.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 29 Dec 2019, 12:25

on side wrote: 29 Dec 2019, 09:04 Noticed they have spent a bit off money down lane new windows every were and new wooden base round bar .Cant see cas spending money on these if they thought the new ground was going to happen any time soon i am afraid its starting to look a none starter now going too need a plan b.
This was more of a contra-sponsorship deal.
ie. Sheridans refurbished the Tiger bar counter.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 30 Dec 2019, 15:30

By page 150 my money is on, at last, people seeing the obvious.

We will never get a new ground.
Audacter Et Sincere

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 30 Dec 2019, 17:29

I would think there are more Cas fans that think a new ground won’t happen than ones that do based purely on the several false dawns, expired dates for “Work to start” and because of the economic climate.

Knowing we don’t have a Plan B is a concern because if we ever go back to franchising Cas will be way down the list purely on ground alone.

How many times/years can we keep hearing/seeing the tired old “We don’t need to spend on WR because we are moving” bulls hit.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 30 Dec 2019, 18:37

In the changing shopping climate i don't see it happening now. Plan B required urgently.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 30 Dec 2019, 18:52

no whats that old saying "if its too good to be true, it probably is" & i now think its dead in the mud & what makes me sad is seeing yorks new ground up & running & im pleased for them, but i doubt ours will happen now.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 31 Dec 2019, 01:18

Anybody that still thinks the new ground will happen is quite frankly deluding themselves. Beat case scenario is a Wakey style council loan and a few grants to stick some lipstick on the pig that is Wheldon Road.

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 31 Dec 2019, 11:54

The Firm wrote: 31 Dec 2019, 01:18 Anybody that still thinks the new ground will happen is quite frankly deluding themselves. Beat case scenario is a Wakey style council loan and a few grants to stick some lipstick on the pig that is Wheldon Road.
There his defiantly a couple deluded on here lol not mention names like that would be wrong . Said a while once the planning application date runs out and they tell the truth its not happing another application will be going in from lateral for houses on the site and are lovely council will grant it.

gerin2em

Post by gerin2em » 31 Dec 2019, 11:56

We keep hearing about plan B, well hears thought, bearing in mind what Fev achieved with the old Scarborough stands, how about having a look at whats happening at Bury FC. As far as I am aware they are in the hands of the receiver and are millions in debt so would be open to sensible offers for any of there equipment....ie stands. Is it beyond this club to do what Fev did? Gigg lane is a 12000 all seater and looks as good as anything in the league. Just a thought. Oh and happy new year.

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 14 Jan 2020, 15:04

Be nice to have some news on new stadium just before season starts seams to have gone quiet again.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 14 Jan 2020, 17:32

As I said earlier, it won’t happen and I’m really pleased several other prominent posters agree.

We have loads of land at WR. if only I was to win the euro millions.

How much do you reckon it would cost to build a new ground on the existing shell, and a gym / indoor space on the training pitch.
Audacter Et Sincere

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 14 Jan 2020, 22:40

gerin2em wrote: 31 Dec 2019, 11:56 We keep hearing about plan B, well hears thought, bearing in mind what Fev achieved with the old Scarborough stands, how about having a look at whats happening at Bury FC. As far as I am aware they are in the hands of the receiver and are millions in debt so would be open to sensible offers for any of there equipment....ie stands. Is it beyond this club to do what Fev did? Gigg lane is a 12000 all seater and looks as good as anything in the league. Just a thought. Oh and happy new year.
The stands that Fev took were relatively modern structures that were basically steal, concrete and cladding...... I can assure you that the stands at Bury aren’t modern and it’s not simply a case of making them an offer and taking them down. Basically it’s never going to happen if would probably be cheaper to design and build a new stand .

Dunkirk Spirit
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dunkirk Spirit » 14 Jan 2020, 23:40

As a Trinity fan, I know how you all feel about stadium development. I would suggest you take a look at the Bradford Bulls forum. Ralf Rimmer has made a statement tonight, shows how much rugby league funds from all clubs and fans is being provided to keep Odsal stadium alive. These people at RFL headquarters have lot to answer for with their clandestine operations.
This is not a criticism of Bradford fans, but the way those in the RFL past and present, have manipulated all this.

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 15 Jan 2020, 01:57

sirocco7 wrote: 14 Jan 2020, 22:40
gerin2em wrote: 31 Dec 2019, 11:56 We keep hearing about plan B, well hears thought, bearing in mind what Fev achieved with the old Scarborough stands, how about having a look at whats happening at Bury FC. As far as I am aware they are in the hands of the receiver and are millions in debt so would be open to sensible offers for any of there equipment....ie stands. Is it beyond this club to do what Fev did? Gigg lane is a 12000 all seater and looks as good as anything in the league. Just a thought. Oh and happy new year.
The stands that Fev took were relatively modern structures that were basically steal, concrete and cladding...... I can assure you that the stands at Bury aren’t modern and it’s not simply a case of making them an offer and taking them down. Basically it’s never going to happen if would probably be cheaper to design and build a new stand .
Am really thinking it's not going to happen when one off biggest backers for saying its def going to happen sirocco7 is on about building new stand down lane

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Jan 2020, 08:43

Dunkirk Spirit wrote: 14 Jan 2020, 23:40 As a Trinity fan, I know how you all feel about stadium development. I would suggest you take a look at the Bradford Bulls forum. Ralf Rimmer has made a statement tonight, shows how much rugby league funds from all clubs and fans is being provided to keep Odsal stadium alive. These people at RFL headquarters have lot to answer for with their clandestine operations.
This is not a criticism of Bradford fans, but the way those in the RFL past and present, have manipulated all this.
I said a number of times before Christmas there should have been a independent inquiry into the RL at the time Woods said he was taking over there

On cas when (if) its announced the new ground won't be built we will then see how much fight and determination the owner and people who run the club for him have for there task ahead ...there going to need a lot because were well behind where we should be due to the fact for most of the last ten years or so the views been why do major improvement to the ground when a new one is about to be built
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 15 Jan 2020, 09:45

on side wrote: 15 Jan 2020, 01:57
sirocco7 wrote: 14 Jan 2020, 22:40
Am really thinking it's not going to happen when one off biggest backers for saying its def going to happen sirocco7 is on about building new stand down lane
As a fairly recent addition to this forum, welcome by the way, you certainly know a lot about sirocco7 and their thoughts on the proposed new stadium. Kudos to you for reading all 148 pages of this thread. Do you think the new ground will happen and, if not, what are the main blockers to this?