Greg Eden

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Greg Eden

Post by Mysterio » 14 Jan 2020, 17:28

We all know Eden is rocks and diamonds more so than even Ben Roberts was.

Daryl says he has to nail his game and that’s sifting out the rocks.

I’m sure he’s still got a future; Daryl is using the psychological approach if you ask me.

I think when we see Eden in 2020 we may see more application and maturity.

We’ve all failed to see that the full back we all want could be in Greg more so than Rankin too....
Audacter Et Sincere

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 14 Jan 2020, 17:51

Mysterio wrote: 14 Jan 2020, 17:28 We all know Eden is rocks and diamonds more so than even Ben Roberts was.

I’m sure he’s still got a future; Daryl is using the psychological approach if you ask me.

We’ve all failed to see that the full back we all want could be in Greg more so than Rankin too....
At nearly 29 you’d think he’d have matured as a human being....surely.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Jan 2020, 18:01

Powell went on to the field in a sky televised match and publicy embarrassed him so maybe he wants away anyway and told him so
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 14 Jan 2020, 23:17

old cas lass wrote: 14 Jan 2020, 17:51
Mysterio wrote: 14 Jan 2020, 17:28 We all know Eden is rocks and diamonds more so than even Ben Roberts was.

Good point. No idea why I still see him as a young un! My age!
Audacter Et Sincere

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 14 Jan 2020, 23:26

Mysterio wrote: 14 Jan 2020, 23:17
old cas lass wrote: 14 Jan 2020, 17:51

Good point. No idea why I still see him as a young un! My age!
He was in the same class at school as my daughter that’s how I know his age.
Daughter is 29 in 2 weeks time, so Eden could already be 29 or very close to it.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 19 Jan 2020, 23:02

Castleford Tigers have had no contact with Keighley Cougars over a reported move for Greg Eden and they have no intention of letting the player leave.

Reports last week suggested the League 1 club was eying up a remarkable swoop for the 29-year-old, even hinting that a loan move for the 2020 season had been completed.

However, Tigers officials have stressed to League Express that nothing of the sort has even been spoken about between the two clubs, let alone agreed.

Furthermore, Castleford expect Eden to be playing with them at the beginning of the 2020 season as expected.

Eden’s link with Keighley coach Rhys Lovegrove – the two were team-mates at Hull KR earlier in their respective careers – had been identified as a potential reason for the move.

While Castleford and Keighley have held informal talks about a relationship that could see the two clubs share players this season, Eden is unlikely to be heading for Cougar Park on a long-term loan arrangement.

Eden is scheduled to face trial at Leeds Crown Court in April following a charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, which he denies
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 19 Jan 2020, 23:24

So he shouldn’t be he should be starting on wing. With Olpherts and Clare in stand.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Jan 2020, 07:32

If he was being sent off somewhere he wouldn't have been in the team yesterday obviously something's gone off but he denies the charges against him your innocent until proven guilty
It would be folly of the highest order to send the one back you have with pace to burn off to Coventry....or Keighley
Vince Lombardi

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 20 Jan 2020, 12:46

Eden going nowhere

Castleford Tigers have had no contact with Keighley Cougars over a reported move for Greg Eden and they have no intention of letting the player leave, report League Express.

Tigers officials have stressed to League Express that nothing of the sort has even been spoken about between the two clubs, let alone agreed.
🐯 COYF!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 21 Jan 2020, 00:26

the machine wrote: 19 Jan 2020, 23:02 Castleford Tigers have had no contact with Keighley Cougars over a reported move for Greg Eden and they have no intention of letting the player leave.

Reports last week suggested the League 1 club was eying up a remarkable swoop for the 29-year-old, even hinting that a loan move for the 2020 season had been completed.

However, Tigers officials have stressed to League Express that nothing of the sort has even been spoken about between the two clubs, let alone agreed.

Furthermore, Castleford expect Eden to be playing with them at the beginning of the 2020 season as expected.

Eden’s link with Keighley coach Rhys Lovegrove – the two were team-mates at Hull KR earlier in their respective careers – had been identified as a potential reason for the move.

While Castleford and Keighley have held informal talks about a relationship that could see the two clubs share players this season, Eden is unlikely to be heading for Cougar Park on a long-term loan arrangement.

Eden is scheduled to face trial at Leeds Crown Court in April following a charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, which he denies
the rumour was that it was short term.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 21 Jan 2020, 09:24

Don’t know anything of the rumour.

However - He has various occasions last year where he let us down on the field

He has an impending court case coming up - So sending him out on loan until that is dealt with may be the plan so not to disrupt the playing squad

Also - Give him a size 10 up his rear. He’s not a kid anymore. But he’s still making all the same mistakes he did when he broke through.

However! When Greg is on form - He is easily the best winger we have. Electric pace and a fine finisher.
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 21 Jan 2020, 17:04

dettoriman wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 09:24 Don’t know anything of the rumour.

However - He has various occasions last year where he let us down on the field

He has an impending court case coming up - So sending him out on loan until that is dealt with may be the plan so not to disrupt the playing squad

Also - Give him a size 10 up his rear. He’s not a kid anymore. But he’s still making all the same mistakes he did when he broke through.

However! When Greg is on form - He is easily the best winger we have. Electric pace and a fine finisher
agree 100% mate but will he ever get back to that form? i think i saw some encouraging signs on sunday though, especially late on.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 21 Jan 2020, 17:07

Dual reg deal with Keighley Cougars just announced
🐯 COYF!

frainthepain
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by frainthepain » 24 Jan 2020, 11:55

Wakefield on loan was told this morning

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Jan 2020, 12:40

frainthepain wrote: 24 Jan 2020, 11:55 Wakefield on loan was told this morning
Do you mean HMP Wakefield???

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 25 Jan 2020, 06:04

Powell has stated he’s gone for size on the wings and that he’s been impressed with Olpherts in pre-season. He’s also stated that both Greg and Sticks know what they need to do to get back in the team, I think everyone is reading too much into things... and with our injury rates he’ll be back in the team in no time anyway!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Jan 2020, 07:17

Eden was sharper than anybody else on Sunday so if he's been asked to wake his ideas up by coach then that seems to be working anyway
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 25 Jan 2020, 09:48

frainthepain wrote: 24 Jan 2020, 11:55 Wakefield on loan was told this morning
Can't see that myself, we have Johnstone, Kershaw, Hampsh and Croft to fill the wing position plus Tupou has played on the wing numerous times.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 25 Jan 2020, 10:09

tigerfeat wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 07:17 Eden was sharper than anybody else on Sunday so if he's been asked to wake his ideas up by coach then that seems to be working anyway
Exactly, he’s been in a team where he’s been the standout winger for 2 seasons with nobody putting pressure on him to keep his place. He’s done some dumb things and DP now has some depth on the edge. DP also said he wants a more rounded skill set from him, so he’s obviously got things he’s been told to work on. I don’t think we can judge Olpherts until we see him play a few games, unless someone here has been involved in ore-season