Greg Eden

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: Greg Eden

Post by the machine » 13 Jan 2020, 00:00

CasAttack wrote: 12 Jan 2020, 23:45 I mean if if it's true hes going to Keighley on loan surely York would be a better environment for him. I'd much rather he stay at Cas to be fair.
Fair enough
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 13 Jan 2020, 00:41

i think losing one winger (minikin) but signing two (feki and olpherts) was an indication that powell wasn't confident that greg wouldn't give his best without competition. apparently olpherts has been training the house down in training and looking like a player that wants to grab an unbelievable opportunity.
personally i hope this works and greg takes steps to rectify the situation.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Jan 2020, 08:18

Mucky1978 wrote: 12 Jan 2020, 23:12
braytontiger wrote: 12 Jan 2020, 23:02 Some bizarre decisions been made down the lane imo.
End of the day if this season backfires the buck stops with the coach and Jon wells.
for all the tinkering Since Jon wells joined the club all we seem to be achieving is upsetting the apple cart.
I really don’t see where we are heading. Hope I’m wrong
Top 5 this season and last 4 of cup is a must.
Anything less then that and I think it’s time to get shot of Powell and Wells
I think things would go downhill at a fair rate of knots if Powell left Wells a different tale talks a good fight not the right man in that job for mine
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 13 Jan 2020, 08:21

nottinghamtiger wrote: 12 Jan 2020, 23:12
braytontiger wrote: 12 Jan 2020, 23:02 Some bizarre decisions been made down the lane imo.
End of the day if this season backfires the buck stops with the coach and Jon wells.
for all the tinkering Since Jon wells joined the club all we seem to be achieving is upsetting the apple cart.
I really don’t see where we are heading. Hope I’m wrong
I’m not massive fan of Wells; I think our recruitment and retention was better before he joined the club than it has been during his time so far.
But... I like our recruitment this year. Richardson should complement Trueman well in the halves. Feki is a proven NRL winger. Griffin was better than any our our back-rowers last season. For the first time since 2017, I think we go into a season stronger than we finished the previous one.
Let’s hope so. I after say I tend to agree but until they start playing we just don’t know. It’s a make or break year in which I’d be happy just to see an improved team that is willing to entertain.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 13 Jan 2020, 10:28

Just hold on a second now.

How do we not know that Greg has seriously been found to be doing something wrong in the pub with his pals for example

We do not know what has been noted about his commitment to his career by others whilst unawares.
Audacter Et Sincere

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 13 Jan 2020, 10:50

In DPs post match interview he states eden is behind Feki and Olpherts for starting wing spots with Clare.

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 13 Jan 2020, 10:57

Just read that loaning out a player removes his (wage) liability from the salary cap for the duration of the loan. Therefore, if the rumours about it being a season-long loan are correct, then that frees up some cash for ... new toilet lights and door locks? :-D

Full document here - https://www.rugby-league.com/flipbooks/ ... html#p=288. relevant bit is section 5.8 a (i)
Attachments
df92e59c-20d1-4574-a790-7d20d4bcff64.jpg

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Jan 2020, 11:07

I get what people are saying maybe there are other issues but if not wouldnt you just keep him and play him in the reserves thats what its there for ,he was ok yesterday when he played full back id keep him for cover if nothing else see how he goes
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 13 Jan 2020, 12:25

Been training the house down by all accounts, but Powell doesn't like his attitude off field.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 13 Jan 2020, 14:02

Maybe the court case hanging over him is a major factor in this decision.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 13 Jan 2020, 17:02

bane73 wrote: 13 Jan 2020, 14:02 Maybe the court case hanging over him is a major factor in this decision.
Exactly, if it goes wrong for Eden it could disrupt the squad and performances (we have seen this plenty of times recently). If he is at another club and away from our squad no disruption. If it goes right with the court case for Eden, we bring him back in, a new winger with a point to prove. Don't see any issues with this to be honest.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 13 Jan 2020, 20:25

heritage1926 wrote: 13 Jan 2020, 12:25 Been training the house down by all accounts, but Powell doesn't like his attitude off field.
Greg may be suffering a bit from DP deciding that he's been let down too many times by stupid behaviour that has caused additional grief.

I've got a large team at work and every so often the line has to be clearly restated to ensure clarity on what is acceptable and what isn't.

Let's see how Greg reacts.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 13 Jan 2020, 20:58

I just find it all a bit strange.
When we play well and create chances, he can finish them as well as most wingers.
He’s not a world-class winger, otherwise he would be playing in the NRL. But he’s a proven try-scorer at SL level.
He’s prone to stupidity, but let’s be honest - he isn’t alone. I get more frustrated with Milner giving stupid penalties away every game than the odd brain-fart from Eden.
Talk of him going to the likes of Keighley baffles me.

blinkstudios
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by blinkstudios » 13 Jan 2020, 21:53

Think their coach played at hull kr the same time Eden played for them so that's were the interest has come from.

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 13 Jan 2020, 23:41

If it's true and he *was* to go, then the salary cap relief must be a few quid, too. Especially if it's for the full season - that can be used to strengthen the squad (hopefully)

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 14 Jan 2020, 03:42

Been told this is allowed of bull crap about him and keighley

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 14 Jan 2020, 07:13

Tigersbarmy wrote: 14 Jan 2020, 03:42 Been told this is allowed of bull crap about him and keighley
I suspect you’re right. Couldn’t understand why they were bothering to keep giving him game time pre season if we’re offloading him for the whole of 2020

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Jan 2020, 08:34

It must be to do with off field things if he dosnt get the starting wingman spot he's been good at cas you don't banish a player because he threw a daft pass or droped a couple of bombs
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 14 Jan 2020, 13:42

nottinghamtiger wrote: 13 Jan 2020, 20:58 I just find it all a bit strange.
When we play well and create chances, he can finish them as well as most wingers.
He’s not a world-class winger, otherwise he would be playing in the NRL. But he’s a proven try-scorer at SL level.
He’s prone to stupidity, but let’s be honest - he isn’t alone. I get more frustrated with Milner giving stupid penalties away every game than the odd brain-fart from Eden.
I’m sure he played a handful of games for Brisbane Bronco’s in the NRL so they must have thought there was something there.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 14 Jan 2020, 17:12

JIN JER wrote: 14 Jan 2020, 13:42
nottinghamtiger wrote: 13 Jan 2020, 20:58 I just find it all a bit strange.
I’m sure he played a handful of games for Brisbane Bronco’s in the NRL so they must have thought there was something there.
He did - scored a long range try in the World Club challenge for them too.
However, his handful of games in the NRL didn’t go well. I remember some journalists at the time describing him as Brisbane’s “worst every player” (I thought that was harsh based on so few appearances).
I’m only a supporter, but I see more in Eden than I’ve seen in Olpherts or Clare.