Junior moors.

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Junior moors.

Post by lurcher » 02 Jan 2020, 14:06

seem to remember at a ctsc event it was said it was a very unusual fracture that had almost peeled a a slice of bone off. for 8 weeks he wasn't allowed to sit but could only lie flat on his back or stand on his good leg for a few minutes, wasn't allowed to sit on it.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 02 Jan 2020, 21:06

lurcher wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 14:06 seem to remember at a ctsc event it was said it was a very unusual fracture that had almost peeled a a slice of bone off. for 8 weeks he wasn't allowed to sit but could only lie flat on his back or stand on his good leg for a few minutes, wasn't allowed to sit on it.
Sounds like there’s only one bloke certain he’s worth the risks.

If I were him, take a fair pay off and our best, we could even offer first trial option or something too
Audacter Et Sincere

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 03 Jan 2020, 20:00

lurcher wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 14:06 seem to remember at a ctsc event it was said it was a very unusual fracture that had almost peeled a a slice of bone off. for 8 weeks he wasn't allowed to sit but could only lie flat on his back or stand on his good leg for a few minutes, wasn't allowed to sit on it.
This was said in a news article somewhere by DP. He couldn't get out of bed for a period of time it was that bad.

Information here: https://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpr ... ies-850653
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 08 Jan 2020, 12:00

With McMeeken alledgedly tearing a calf muscle and Watts hamstring, I see no reason whatsoever that we can’t pay moors up fairly and recruit a like for like.

Or, based on this being a serious career ending injury it will almost certainly be covered by an insurance policy. We should seek dispensation, surely, to enable cover for the big man.

There’s lots of options. It would be nice for an update, not necessarily including the more personal and sensitive information but one to give us hope
Audacter Et Sincere

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 08 Jan 2020, 12:41

moors was on the team pic, make of that what you will.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 08 Jan 2020, 13:45

Moors has been a great player for Cas, and he got injured doing his job, Why should he take a pay off when he has a contract, we wouldn't attract many decent players if they thought Cas would get rid duo to them getting injured

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 08 Jan 2020, 15:02

Frankas wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 13:45 Moors has been a great player for Cas, and he got injured doing his job, Why should he take a pay off when he has a contract, we wouldn't attract many decent players if they thought Cas would get rid duo to them getting injured
I don't think hes been great, I personally think hes the laziest player I've seen at cas for a while. For his size and attributes hes not half the player of similar players. Murdoch misella and fafita. Hes too busy chewing gum to do much else when he plays. Think hes well within his rights though to just stay and collect his wage even if he is out for season

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 08 Jan 2020, 15:34

He's been class for us, dude, that's my opinion,

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 08 Jan 2020, 17:31

when i say take a pay off i mean a lump sum to match what he would earn taking a monthly salary until the end of the season. maybe with a thankyou bonus too.
Audacter Et Sincere

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 08 Jan 2020, 18:51

There'd be no point in doing that.

It would still count on the cap and you've basically just said to pay him more than his current contract?

The only way a pay off would be remotely useful is by mutual termination where the club and player agreed a lesser amount.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 08 Jan 2020, 18:54

Mysterio wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 17:31 when i say take a pay off i mean a lump sum to match what he would earn taking a monthly salary until the end of the season. maybe with a thankyou bonus too.

We would end up taking a bigger hit on the cap doing that, be better to just let him sit on the sidelines

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Jan 2020, 19:02

Was Benny Roberts then still on our salary cap when he left early last year ?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 08 Jan 2020, 19:42

tigerfeat wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 19:02 Was Benny Roberts then still on our salary cap when he left early last year ?
Roberts agreed a mutual deal with the club to leave early and accept a payout which would of been less than what was left to pay on his contract.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 08 Jan 2020, 20:02

HuddsTigers wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 18:51 There'd be no point in doing that.

It would still count on the cap and you've basically just said to pay him more than his current contract?

The only way a pay off would be remotely useful is by mutual termination where the club and player agreed a lesser amount.
It wouldn’t count on the cap, because we’d gain dispensation.

Paying him&his family his flight home would be a nice enticement I suspect on top of what he’s due contractually,

1. We free a spot
2. We have juniors salary free to spend on the Cap.
Audacter Et Sincere

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 08 Jan 2020, 20:14

Mysterio wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 20:02

Paying him&his family his flight home would be a nice enticement I suspect on top of what he’s due contractually,

1. We free a spot
It would count on the cap. We are going to have a hard time convincing the RFL to give us dispensation when junior is back in trading for the new season and is on all the team photos. You can't just get dispensation because you don't want a player any more!.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 09 Jan 2020, 13:42

lidds wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 20:14
Mysterio wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 20:02

1. We free a spot
It would count on the cap. We are going to have a hard time convincing the RFL to give us dispensation when junior is back in trading for the new season and is on all the team photos. You can't just get dispensation because you don't want a player any more!.
If Junior is going to be back by say round 8; fine.
If it’s touch and go as to whether he can play at ALL ever again, there is a clear case for dispensation, pay off and SC Relief IMO,

PS. I rate Moors. I’d have him In the 17 every game
Audacter Et Sincere

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Jan 2020, 14:00

DP said in Tuesdays evening post everyone is fit and firing apart from MM slight calf issue Foster and Moors but them three will be back soon ,someones got there wires crossed be looks
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 11 Jan 2020, 00:22

Latest update from the physio in October stated:
JUNIOR MOORS

Junior had a really traumatic injury to his hip as we know. He had a bad fracture and some joint problems so it’s a long-term one but everything has gone really well so far. It’s just a case of letting his recovery run its course and his return to play will be in that six to nine months range. He’ll be ready around he start of the season in February hopefully but we’ll see how it goes with Junior.
——————————
DP keeps referring to junior and Foz as long term injuries as they’ve both been out long term, but I believe they are nearing the end of that term.

If any of you are in insta you’ll see some videos of junior doing some forfeits and he doesn’t look like someone struggling with a hip issue

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 11 Jan 2020, 00:45

SREGITSAC wrote: 11 Jan 2020, 00:22 Latest update from the physio in October stated:
JUNIOR MOORS

Junior had a really traumatic injury to his hip as we know. He had a bad fracture and some joint problems so it’s a long-term one but everything has gone really well so far. It’s just a case of letting his recovery run its course and his return to play will be in that six to nine months range. He’ll be ready around he start of the season in February hopefully but we’ll see how it goes with Junior.
——————————
DP keeps referring to junior and Foz as long term injuries as they’ve both been out long term, but I believe they are nearing the end of that term.

If any of you are in insta you’ll see some videos of junior doing some forfeits and he doesn’t look like someone struggling with a hip issue
Saw that Instagram, thought the same.
Not a forfeit you’d do with that injury, especially if your not fully recovered.
I wonder if the physio as seen it.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 11 Jan 2020, 01:56

old cas lass wrote: 11 Jan 2020, 00:45
SREGITSAC wrote: 11 Jan 2020, 00:22 Latest update from the physio in October stated:
JUNIOR MOORS

——————————

Saw that Instagram, thought the same.
Not a forfeit you’d do with that injury, especially if your not fully recovered.
I wonder if the physio as seen it.
I don’t think the physio needs to see it, the only people saying he’s on his last legs are the rumour merchants, don’t believe junior himself is!