Junior moors.

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Junior moors.

Post by Mucky1978 » 10 Oct 2018, 09:58

Anyone heard Moors looks like he’s going have to retire?

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 10 Oct 2018, 10:24

Not heard anything, however seems to be a reoccurring injury that he's been out with over the past couple of years.

Hope it's not true.
🐯 COYF!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Oct 2018, 11:04

Mucky1978 wrote:Anyone heard Moors looks like he’s going have to retire?

Has it come from the same person that told you we were signing Tupou by any chance ....

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 10 Oct 2018, 18:34

His Twitter has been rather cryptic hasn't it.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 11 Oct 2018, 07:25

betts21 wrote:
That 1 tweet that could mean absolutely anything you mean

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 11 Oct 2018, 23:29

fords wrote:
betts21 wrote:
That 1 tweet that could mean absolutely anything you mean
Yeah that cryptic type of tweet.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 29 Dec 2019, 13:38

I’ve heard we have tried to pay JM off but he has refused our offer and would rather take his wage whilst sat in the stands for his final year.☹️☹️☹️

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 29 Dec 2019, 14:37

Hope both him and the club do the right thing
Audacter Et Sincere

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 29 Dec 2019, 15:26

Horrible thing to suggest but if this is the case you would think cas would look at the scenario where a players contract could be torn up if they miss so long through injury if this still exists.
I'm amazed junior still wants to play tbf I'd have looked to retire from it not got long left playing and surley you look at life after rugby as you don't want that type of injury to run that.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Dec 2019, 15:36

Don't know the ins and outs of it I heard they were trying to pay him off end of last season
Hope if he can't play again some agreement will be reached
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

castigers2010
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by castigers2010 » 29 Dec 2019, 15:41

betts21 wrote: 29 Dec 2019, 15:26 Horrible thing to suggest but if this is the case you would think cas would look at the scenario where a players contract could be torn up if they miss so long through injury if this still exists.
I'm amazed junior still wants to play tbf I'd have looked to retire from it not got long left playing and surley you look at life after rugby as you don't want that type of injury to run that.
That's the spirit - Junior you got injured while playing for us but because you have missed nearly six months of rugby we're tearing up your contract.

If i was JM, i would hold out for every penny i could get, which would be basically the remaining year of the contract.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 29 Dec 2019, 17:01

castigers2010 wrote: 29 Dec 2019, 15:41
betts21 wrote: 29 Dec 2019, 15:26 Horrible thing to suggest but if this is the case you would think cas would look at the scenario where a players contract could be torn up if they miss so long through injury if this still exists.
That's the spirit - Junior you got injured while playing for us but because you have missed nearly six months of rugby we're tearing up your contract.

If i was JM, i would hold out for every penny i could get, which would be basically the remaining year of the contract.
Or you'd surely seek a slightly brighter Golden Handshake with the immediate option of finding a club in C1 or 2, or leagues back home.
Audacter Et Sincere

castigers2010
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by castigers2010 » 29 Dec 2019, 17:18

Mysterio wrote: 29 Dec 2019, 17:01
castigers2010 wrote: 29 Dec 2019, 15:41

Or you'd surely seek a slightly brighter Golden Handshake with the immediate option of finding a club in C1 or 2, or leagues back home.
Surely if he went to a C1 or 2 club then he would have to be fit to play, and if's fit to play then surely he would be in the 17 at Cas.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 29 Dec 2019, 17:25

We can’t have it both ways.
Everyone was quite rightly up in arms when Denny Solomona walked away from his contract.
The club can’t (and shouldn’t) just expect players to walk away from contracts, especially when they are unlikely to get a better deal elsewhere.
Junior has a year left in his contract and is entitled to remain at the club, even if he’s unable to play. The club’s options are to pay out on his contract and apply for dispensation on the 2020 cap based on a career-ending injury, continue to pay him but not register or play him (therefore removing him from the cap and also the non-fed quota), or come to some kind of agreement whereby Cas pay him a proportion of his wage (that will count on the cap) but means he leaves now and opens up a non fed spot.
Of course, it’s all rumour and conjecture. But we need to remember that Junior has a family to support and like many of us, probably can’t afford to just walk away from a well-paid job with nothing else to go to.

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 30 Dec 2019, 15:08

nottinghamtiger wrote: 29 Dec 2019, 17:25 We can’t have it both ways.
Everyone was quite rightly up in arms when Denny Solomona walked away from his contract.
The club can’t (and shouldn’t) just expect players to walk away from contracts, especially when they are unlikely to get a better deal elsewhere.
Junior has a year left in his contract and is entitled to remain at the club, even if he’s unable to play. The club’s options are to pay out on his contract and apply for dispensation on the 2020 cap based on a career-ending injury, continue to pay him but not register or play him (therefore removing him from the cap and also the non-fed quota), or come to some kind of agreement whereby Cas pay him a proportion of his wage (that will count on the cap) but means he leaves now and opens up a non fed spot.
Of course, it’s all rumour and conjecture. But we need to remember that Junior has a family to support and like many of us, probably can’t afford to just walk away from a well-paid job with nothing else to go to.
Completely agree with you on this one Notts, its his and his families livelihood at the end of the day.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 30 Dec 2019, 16:50

Absolutely agree. Players should put themselves first and to be honest, I feel the club should stand by players as much as they can. It reflects well on us as a club and gives players confidence that they are respected as humans as well as staff.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 30 Dec 2019, 17:04

Still think if he can't play again we should come to a agreement rarther than have him sat in the stand for a season if he can play again no idea why we try to get him out of the club early
Benny Roberts was paid off early to leave even though Gale was crooked and we badly needed him I saw him one day before he left in Yorkshire Bank and asked him what injury he had and he said I don't
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 02 Jan 2020, 13:09

Does anyone actually know the extent of any potential injury to JM?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 02 Jan 2020, 13:34

Here you go sir,
Happy new year,

https://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpr ... ame-687186

&

Prognosis

The prognosis for hip fractures is dependent on the age and condition of the patient and on the location and type of fracture. Athletes who sustain femoral neck stress fractures may or may not be able to return to their sport. Tension stress fractures are generally unstable and have an unfavorable prognosis.8 Jan 2019

Sounds like he thinks one thing the club another to me?
Audacter Et Sincere

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 02 Jan 2020, 13:39

I’m no doc but it sounds career ending at his age/size/high impact sport, or at LEAST another 6 - 10 months out with risk to life Impediment IMO

Sources :

https://castlefordtigers.com/mobile/article.php?id=6547

https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/38/4/e17
Audacter Et Sincere