Great Britain Tour

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Great Britain Tour

Post by Fumper27 » 16 Nov 2019, 11:23

Bennett has to go. If he gets another deal, we face another few years of this tosh

Captain
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Captain » 16 Nov 2019, 14:43

Fumper27 wrote: 16 Nov 2019, 11:23 Bennett has to go. If he gets another deal, we face another few years of this tosh
Why was Bennett the GB coach anyway. He was contracted to be the England coach so why is he suddenly coaching GB as well? Should have been someone completely separate to the other home nation teams (not that I believe he should be the England coach either because he's clueless to our game, but that's a separate issue)

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 16 Nov 2019, 17:30

If anyone has the Fox League App. It doesn't paint a very pretty picture of what the Aussies think of how our game is run.

TBH they are not far off the mark

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 16 Nov 2019, 19:21

Wayne Bennett: Great Britain head coach says Lions 'underachieved' on tour

No [Cut out the swearing] shhh Sherlock

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 16 Nov 2019, 19:49

Has to go down as a lost its way farce of a tour.

Had an opportunity to cross over with morning audiences crossing over with the kick and clap and was as flat as anything, total non-event.

I would arguably say that after a sabbatical of the lions it has set them back even further!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 16 Nov 2019, 21:37

Thought it showed how out of touch Bennett is with the international game when he mentioned the improvements in Tonga, PNG and Samoa but not Fiji who were the only Oceania Cup nation to win both their matches.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 17 Nov 2019, 01:46

CasRus wrote: 16 Nov 2019, 11:14 Where has Jackson Hastings been on this tour ???? - Has anyone seen him play in each of these games yet ???? Had he gone missing ?????? Seems to me he did and didn't get much involved !!

Austin on the wing ! - what was Bennett thinking ! - and he's supposedly a top coach !!

No Zing - No Passion - No Spark - No Creativity - No [Cut out the swearing] idea !! Looked like they had gone over there for a Jolly !!!
daft thing is mate he did actually have a go but was shut down and very ineffective.
just wonder how he''ll go at wigan next year. was he just a big fish in a small pond at salford?
jo brand is eddie warings love child

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 Nov 2019, 14:14

Seems to be a recurring theme under Bennett that the left sided halves are ineffective. I think that is partly down to tactics but also that Josh Hodgson is a hooker that either thinks he can do it himself or only goes to one bloke (Widdop).
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 18 Nov 2019, 10:21

Don't care what anyone says about Hodgson being a great player for Canberra - he is totally abysmal in an international set-up, I've never seen him have a good game, same comment also applies to Widdop, and on the last four showings looks like same for Hastings as well.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 18 Nov 2019, 10:41

He drops Clark to play Williams. So glad truey didn't play. He didn't deserve linking to that shower.

The coaching can't be left to his assistants whilst he stays in oz. Especially when one is a failed coach in Anderson.

Bennett is good at club level coming in and changing the culture and business from juniors to first team. At gb level he's picking a team based on the thoughts of his assistants and clearly didn't watch enough super league games.

So very embarrassing.

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 18 Nov 2019, 12:52

Mentioned on another thread, but BBC site has a good piece by Dave Woods. My feeling from that piece was let GB go now, it isn't relevant anymore, whether you believe that or not, it wasn't relevant enough for Australia to want to get involved, the team was a mess and my own opinion is - even if this squad had won 4/4 what difference would it have made?

Unless there is a regular competitive and thriving competition above club, then we won't attract major attendances for tours or touring teams or the showpiece events.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 18 Nov 2019, 14:22

mdean wrote: 18 Nov 2019, 12:52 Mentioned on another thread, but BBC site has a good piece by Dave Woods. My feeling from that piece was let GB go now, it isn't relevant anymore, whether you believe that or not, it wasn't relevant enough for Australia to want to get involved, the team was a mess and my own opinion is - even if this squad had won 4/4 what difference would it have made?

Unless there is a regular competitive and thriving competition above club, then we won't attract major attendances for tours or touring teams or the showpiece events.
Your right, it'll never be relevant whilst assizes are preferred over the home nations.

Pity really, I've always wanted to go on a tour but never had the money. The tour should be playing test matches and against clubs with a squad of two teams. With players fighting to get into the test squad and to prepare the team.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Nov 2019, 08:50

I see Big Nige as analysed the failure of the tour for a few days and come up with its because we played under GB and not England
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 19 Nov 2019, 13:22

tigerfeat wrote: 19 Nov 2019, 08:50 I see Big Nige as analysed the failure of the tour for a few days and come up with its because we played under WB...
Changed the typo for ya! ;)
Spreading the Cas gene pool