Cas Ground

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Casmania
Verified

Re: Cas Ground

Post by Casmania » 05 Nov 2019, 16:52

HuddsTigers wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 13:49 The project is forward funded by a fund provider and Axiom cannot open until the stadium is built. It's the % of retail that needs to be hit to release the funding.
Funding provision is not only dependant on ‰ retail uptake.

Terms of agreement need to be turned into legally binding contracts. Underwriting has to be agreed to guarantee the country park, stadium, retail park development should the developer or builder not complete or go bust for example.
These are incredibly hard trading times. Internet shopping has changed shopping dynamics.
Funding providers will protect themselves and will only proceed once they are 100% convinced the whole development is financially viable and sustainable.
Which may be a big ask!

MY CLUB. MY CAS

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Nov 2019, 17:10

Where will it all leave us in 2021 if licensing comes back with the new t.v deal ?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 05 Nov 2019, 17:17

tigerfeat wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 17:10 Where will it all leave us in 2021 if licensing comes back with the new t.v deal ?
In a nutshell the championship.
It’s fair to say clubs like York,Newcastle in decent stadia fit the bill for the way super league is wanting to go.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 05 Nov 2019, 17:50

braytontiger wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 17:17
tigerfeat wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 17:10 Where will it all leave us in 2021 if licensing comes back with the new t.v deal ?
In a nutshell the championship.
It’s fair to say clubs like York,Newcastle in decent stadia fit the bill for the way super league is wanting to go.
It was always a risk putting all our eggs in the Glasshoughton then the Axiom basket and while the club have sat around with crossed fingers Fev have developed their stadium into a facility that shames ours.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Nov 2019, 19:53

Maybe they will give our team to rovers and bring them in ha
Like when they gave the Gateshead team to Hull if anybody doubted how callous and corrupt the RL are that tells you all you need to know
It just worries me that it's not that far off and nobody seems to be talking about it or unduly worried maybe it's just me and theve got the matter in hand
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 05 Nov 2019, 19:59

tigerfeat wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 19:53 Maybe they will give our team to rovers and bring them in ha
Like when they gave the Gateshead team to Hull if anybody doubted how callous and corrupt the RL are that tells you all you need to know
It just worries me that it's not that far off and nobody seems to be talking about it or unduly worried maybe it's just me and theve got the matter in hand
If the RFL decide to reintroduce any kind of licensing criteria and it takes into account facilities, we are gone as a professional club. Last time, we were reliant on the fact others were in the same position. Even then, if it hadn’t been for the demise of Crusaders it would have been the end of us or Wakefield. Now it’s different and there are many clubs outside SL who have stadiums far better than ours.
The club will only have itself to blame. In all walks of life, you ignore the present at your peril.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 06 Nov 2019, 06:48

I don’t know where the talk of licensing has come from but if there is any prospect of it returning Cas should be opening talks with other clubs with a view to ground sharing. It won’t be popular but what is the alternative if we can’t bring Wheldon Road up to spec in time.

Hope for the best prepare for the worst... unfortunately we’ve just been doing the former for the last 10 years

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 06 Nov 2019, 10:56

nottinghamtiger wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 11:34
mart0042 wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 11:13 We have Ground where you can stand for no extra cost in 75% of the ground. You can move away from the drumming.
But there’s nowhere in the ground that you can’t hear it! You could stand at the back of the Railway End, but you can still hear the drum.
I get that but it's not deafening 100 metres away.

I get your point but you can wear ear defenders or ear plugs if it's that bad. I see lots with them at concerts. I have tinnitus I find isolating the problem or worst ear helps.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 06 Nov 2019, 10:58

Bish Bash wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 22:19
mdean wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 11:17 Its interesting as a discussion, I am not interested in people and individuals, I don't know them or care to.

Personally, I live away from the area and am with someone that 4 years ago had no knowledge at all the RL existed.
Over the years, watching Cas on TV and things, we have long had the conversation about "we should go watch Cas" and although when I go, I am seduced by memories and nostalgia. For my Mrs consuming it like a customer, without my nostalgic memories, I have chosen to synchronise in with other travels and go to other stadia and away games - I simply couldn't in all good faith ask my Mrs to go to the loo there, or my kids. Or explain why some of the things are as they are for the pinnacle of a sport on TV.
On having this conversation with my Mrs, she then adds, legitimately - so we will go Corp Hosp - lucky enough to do this a lot to many sports, Club RU, football and Tennis - and again I have to explain that it is not what she is expecting.

If I still lived locally, would I go - sure I would, but in it's current guise and price point it won't attract new and younger people to it sustainably in my opinion. Others are dyed in the wool and that's great too, but for non-traditional people not born in to it, I don't think it is an enticing proposition.
That’s exactly the point I was trying to make. I love the club but I feel we being treated disrespectfully. How long has the new ground been promised? I got my brick receipt from 10 years ago in my drawer. Sad thing is I know I will never see the actual brick. The ground will never happen in my view, fans have been fobbed off with Nirvana is coming for too long. I’d do the same by the way!
I found my certificates for the bricks when looking for something else at the weekend.

Just out of interest, it's not nirvana with the drums is it? I'm sure they broke up years ago, lol.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 06 Nov 2019, 12:06

i bought two bricks i would me more than happy for the money to be spent on Weldon road

vandeveldtsbaldhead

Post by vandeveldtsbaldhead » 06 Nov 2019, 17:54

Re sharing a ground. The Keepmoat Stadium at Doncaster would fit the bill, only 20 miles away, easy access and a great stsdium with all the facilities. Next year we could dual reg with Doncaster if necessary

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 06 Nov 2019, 17:55

gateman wrote: 06 Nov 2019, 12:06 i bought two bricks i would me more than happy for the money to be spent on Weldon road
The money raised from sales can only be used as intended ie on the brick wall displays.
The money is held in an escrow account to protect it.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Dunkirk Spirit
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dunkirk Spirit » 07 Nov 2019, 19:03

alftupper wrote: 06 Nov 2019, 06:48 I don’t know where the talk of licensing has come from but if there is any prospect of it returning Cas should be opening talks with other clubs with a view to ground sharing. It won’t be popular but what is the alternative if we can’t bring Wheldon Road up to spec in time.

Hope for the best prepare for the worst... unfortunately we’ve just been doing the former for the last 10 years
I also believe we have done the same over here at Belle Vue, it’s months since Trinity received a loan of over 3 million pounds from WMDC, fans were told at our last match of the season by our CEO, good news on ground development within the month, we are still waiting. I’m sure the club will already have had to make some payments for the loan. I do fear for both our clubs if licensing arrives before ground development.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 Nov 2019, 19:58

vandeveldtsbaldhead wrote: 06 Nov 2019, 17:54 Re sharing a ground. The Keepmoat Stadium at Doncaster would fit the bill, only 20 miles away, easy access and a great stsdium with all the facilities. Next year we could dual reg with Doncaster if necessary
Ground sharing is ok for a short while if you know the new ground is going to get built and you will be moving into it
If it dosnt get built were up the creek unless someone decides to spend a awful lot of money on Weldon road which I can't see happening now
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 07 Nov 2019, 22:08

Casmania wrote: 06 Nov 2019, 17:55
gateman wrote: 06 Nov 2019, 12:06 i bought two bricks i would me more than happy for the money to be spent on Weldon road
The money raised from sales can only be used as intended ie on the brick wall displays.
The money is held in an escrow account to protect it.
its nice to see the money is protected i have passed my eightieth birth day i lets hope the ground comes soon so i can see my grand kids names on the wall but some how i dont think i will

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 04 Dec 2019, 10:03

Any news on new stadium move ?

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 04 Dec 2019, 10:47

Did you not see the recent update by Richard Wright? Where have you been?

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 04 Dec 2019, 11:08

CasRus wrote: 04 Dec 2019, 10:03 Any news on new stadium move ?
Could do with a new batch of flags on the site the ones that remain of the latest batch look like tatty dishcloths when your driving past...
Vince Lombardi

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 04 Dec 2019, 13:50

tigerfeat wrote: 04 Dec 2019, 11:08
Could do with a new batch of flags on the site the ones that remain of the latest batch look like tatty dishcloths when your driving past...
Always thought it would have been great to have the stadium built in the middle of Ponte racecourse - Better access, loads of room to park - probably wouldn’t have got plan permission though !

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 04 Dec 2019, 14:11

CasRus wrote: 04 Dec 2019, 13:50
tigerfeat wrote: 04 Dec 2019, 11:08
Always thought it would have been great to have the stadium built in the middle of Ponte racecourse - Better access, loads of room to park - probably wouldn’t have got plan permission though !
I'd argue te access is a great deal worse, particular when you consider having to cross the race course.

On the current stadium, and I haven't read the full thread, I took note of te comments in the Q&A thread on the subject and it does paint a clear pitcure. the Club seemed pretty happy with the fact they are spending money to keep the ground safe and to comply with the safety certificate requirements. Sadly, not a thought on the potential for imrpoving the facilities, just maintian the poor ones we already have. Jesus, how hard is it to build brand new, comfortable, toilets for all genders?
Spreading the Cas gene pool