Cas Ground

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Cas Ground

Post by tigerfeat » 04 Nov 2019, 13:20

You only have to go down half a hour before the gates open and the players as there walking from there cars to the gate they go through will sign anything stop for photos whatever you want
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 04 Nov 2019, 13:39

tigerfeat wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 13:20 You only have to go down half a hour before the gates open and the players as there walking from there cars to the gate they go through will sign anything stop for photos whatever you want
Bought a ball from shop asked at ground if could get players to sign it for birthday present, they did it no problem. Had players sign shirts when asked individually and also photos taken. Never once been told no.
🐯 COYF!

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 04 Nov 2019, 13:55

johnboy wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 09:22
SREGITSAC wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 03:05 One thing I’ve seen this off season is that the club do listen to the fans, it might not always seem that way but so far:
- they’ve created an amber shirt due to fan feedback
- they are trialling a new shirt material on the away shirt due to fan feedback and will see how we react for future years
- they have created their own brand to gain more control over design of products
- they’ve renovated the Tiger bar
- they’re doing work on the toilets this off season (not sure how much but the feedback re locks etc has clearly got through to someone)
- they are setting up a fans steering group from Jan to increase engagement and improve the feedback loop
- they do a “ask me anything” type newsletter every 4 months to answer any burning questions you may have
- a lot of the content of interviews is aimed at the comments fans are making on here and social media

Whilst in the ideal world everything would be perfect, we a) seem to support a team in a town where people want to know the minute detail of everything b) we have finite resources and c) we have fans that do seem to want to ruin things for us (how many home games before the locks on the toilets are broken again, how many fines will we get for smoke bombs etc).

Time will tell on this, things will never change overnight with our resources but incremental changes should be acknowledged and will make a difference if we give them a chance.
And they have got a drummer (don't forget that!)
And that is why I will not be attending I don t see why one person can spoil a game by continuous drumming at the game, personally I would ban it at all clubs.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 04 Nov 2019, 14:59

And that is why I will not be attending I don t see why one person can spoil a game by continuous drumming at the game, personally I would ban it at all clubs.
well the televised matches at headingly are unwatchable & the idiots at sky dont seem to have the brains to move the pitch side microphone away from the in idiots in the stand at least at cas the drum doesn't drown out the commentary

castigers2010
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by castigers2010 » 04 Nov 2019, 18:11

Oldcasman wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 13:55
SREGITSAC wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 03:05 One thing I’ve seen this off season is that the club do listen to the fans, it might not always seem that way but so far:
- they are trialling a new shirt material on the away shirt due to fan feedback and will see how we react for future years
- they have created their own brand to gain more control over design of products
- they’re doing work on the toilets this off season (not sure how much but the feedback re locks etc has clearly got through to someone)
- they are setting up a fans steering group from Jan to increase engagement and improve the feedback loop
- they do a “ask me anything” type newsletter every 4 months to answer any burning questions you may have
- a lot of the content of interviews is aimed at the comments fans are making on here and social media

Whilst in the ideal world everything would be perfect, we a) seem to support a team in a town where people want to know the minute detail of everything b) we have finite resources and c) we have fans that do seem to want to ruin things for us (how many home games before the locks on the toilets are broken again, how many fines will we get for smoke bombs etc).

Time will tell on this, things will never change overnight with our resources but incremental changes should be acknowledged and will make a difference if we give them a chance.
That’s also what’s been the final straw for me. While ever Cas allow a drum in the ground I won’t be attending. I turn a blind eye to the toilets and to the obstructed view in the main stand but I can’t ignore someone banging a drum constantly for a whole match.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 04 Nov 2019, 18:59

castigers2010 wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 18:11
Oldcasman wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 13:55

That’s also what’s been the final straw for me. While ever Cas allow a drum in the ground I won’t be attending. I turn a blind eye to the toilets and to the obstructed view in the main stand but I can’t ignore someone banging a drum constantly for a whole match.
You want to try living with tinnitus. The drumming is constant.
On a serious note I love the cas ground it’s a great place to watch a game of rugby imo still the best view in the league. That said I can see it’s serious failings and the desperate need for better facilities, I think the majority of us can tolerate how things are with a new stadium on the horizon. The problem been how much longer do we have to wait, the longer it drags on the more people become frustrated with the current ground.
As much as it’s easy to be critical of the current board you also have to sympathise as you can’t polish a [REMOVED]. Other than bulldozers flattening the ground and starting again no amount of odd jobs is going to make it any better.

Bish Bash

Post by Bish Bash » 04 Nov 2019, 22:19

mdean wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 11:17 Its interesting as a discussion, I am not interested in people and individuals, I don't know them or care to.

Personally, I live away from the area and am with someone that 4 years ago had no knowledge at all the RL existed.
Over the years, watching Cas on TV and things, we have long had the conversation about "we should go watch Cas" and although when I go, I am seduced by memories and nostalgia. For my Mrs consuming it like a customer, without my nostalgic memories, I have chosen to synchronise in with other travels and go to other stadia and away games - I simply couldn't in all good faith ask my Mrs to go to the loo there, or my kids. Or explain why some of the things are as they are for the pinnacle of a sport on TV.
On having this conversation with my Mrs, she then adds, legitimately - so we will go Corp Hosp - lucky enough to do this a lot to many sports, Club RU, football and Tennis - and again I have to explain that it is not what she is expecting.

If I still lived locally, would I go - sure I would, but in it's current guise and price point it won't attract new and younger people to it sustainably in my opinion. Others are dyed in the wool and that's great too, but for non-traditional people not born in to it, I don't think it is an enticing proposition.
That’s exactly the point I was trying to make. I love the club but I feel we being treated disrespectfully. How long has the new ground been promised? I got my brick receipt from 10 years ago in my drawer. Sad thing is I know I will never see the actual brick. The ground will never happen in my view, fans have been fobbed off with Nirvana is coming for too long. I’d do the same by the way!

Bish Bash

Post by Bish Bash » 04 Nov 2019, 22:23

Balboa1 wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 22:17 Too many buisness men on ere
Is that a bad thing? Actually there is quite a lot of experienced business men on here who know that you can’t take your supporters/customers for granted otherwise you go out of business. I don’t know about you but I don’t want to see Cas turning into Bradford, Leigh, Wakefield, Widnes etc....quite a theme here in RL

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 05 Nov 2019, 00:25

Casmania wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 09:13

I think your view is somewhat simplistic and may I suggest naive.

Black and Amber is the clubs traditional colours, naturally the shirts should reflect this. The change of shirt material has been forced due to the poor quality. The new suppliers are basically the old suppliers under a new name.

Fitting new toilet locks is hardly a game changer.

What is a concern, and needs to be addressed is why support groups, supporters, sponsors ex directors, players and staff feel so disenfranchised and feel unable to cintinue supporting the club as in the past due to the current administration.

The clubs commercial/marketing department needs a whole revamp. The lack of publicity/promotion to matches - especially the u16/19s - hospitality, other events etc is sadly lacking.
Any business should welcome well intended, constructive criticism. Those views need to be taken onboard.
I have a screenshot of last year's seating ticket plan. When compared to this years, sales appear to be well down.
Fans are voting with their feet, and attendances are falling.
Hopefully the powers that be can address legitimate concerns and reverse falling attendances. However there has to be a will to do so, something which sadly appears to be in short supply.
good shout casmania, i think over the years both you and me have been glass half full fans and were willing to give the club more time but things are starting to wear thin. i don't think i would ever stop attending games but i can see other peoples points of view.
just a word on player accessibility. cas players have always gone out of their way to do their best for fans in all sorts of ways but that doesn't ring true for all clubs.
many years ago my son was lucky enough to be in the wembley curtain raiser when the finalists were wigan and saints. as part of their goody bag (they were very well looked after) they got a miniature stones bitter rugby ball which was supposed to be signed by both teams. he still has the ball which has every wigan players signature including the coaching staff. sadly none of the cas schoolboys got the saints signatures as they wanted £5 per ball to sign them which was a lot of money in 1989.
we haven't got a lot but lets celebrate what we have at our community club.
[/quote]
jo brand is eddie warings love child

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 05 Nov 2019, 08:55

I too have also noticed a big change in tone of Casmania's posts over the last season... very telling.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 05 Nov 2019, 11:13

We have Ground where you can stand for no extra cost in 75% of the ground. You can move away from the drumming.

In not a fan, but it's better than the mausoleum we sometimes have. It also engages the youth, six and 2 threes.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 05 Nov 2019, 11:34

mart0042 wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 11:13 We have Ground where you can stand for no extra cost in 75% of the ground. You can move away from the drumming.
But there’s nowhere in the ground that you can’t hear it! You could stand at the back of the Railway End, but you can still hear the drum.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Nov 2019, 11:39

nottinghamtiger wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 11:34
mart0042 wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 11:13 We have Ground where you can stand for no extra cost in 75% of the ground. You can move away from the drumming.
But there’s nowhere in the ground that you can’t hear it! You could stand at the back of the Railway End, but you can still hear the drum.
wish i could swop my hearing for yours if you can hear it in the railway end
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Nov 2019, 11:43

to be fair to the club somebody said yesterday they did listen to what people were complaining about and try and sort it the fixtures looks like theve tried to avoid as much disruption as poss
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 05 Nov 2019, 11:44

tigerfeat wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 11:39
So do I.......

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 05 Nov 2019, 13:36

The situation with the ground is very much catch 22. In spite of what some may think, there is just no business case to invest heavily in the facility as the rewards will take years to cover the cost of the investment and as things stand, we don't have years with the old lass.

However, if the Club showed some nerve and agreed with my own personal opinion that Axiom will never provide a new stadium, there may be some benefoit from exploring ways of deveoping Wheldon Road.

My opinonis based on the belief the Axiom development will never achieve the required funding to start building. It's hard enough getting investment for any retail park but when you add the 15m or so required to build the stadium, the profit margins have gone. Retailers want cheap rents to help off-set the decline of the bricks and mortar retail base so the income from any retail park will slowly decrease until a new strategy is devised to attract the walking shopper back to the stores.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 05 Nov 2019, 13:49

The project is forward funded by a fund provider and Axiom cannot open until the stadium is built. It's the % of retail that needs to be hit to release the funding.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

castigers2010
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by castigers2010 » 05 Nov 2019, 16:06

tigerfeat wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 11:39
If you can’t hear the drum in the Railway End you need to get yourself to the Docs, there’s things to sort out such bad hearing.

Actually, scrap that, in this case it could be a blessing.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Nov 2019, 16:22

Trust me least of my worries is wether or not I can hear a drum while I'm stood on railway end
Vince Lombardi

castigers2010
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by castigers2010 » 05 Nov 2019, 16:33

tigerfeat wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 16:22 Trust me least of my worries is wether or not I can hear a drum while I'm stood on railway end
You wanted to ‘swop’ hearing earlier now you don’t appear to want to. Some folk can never make their mind up :D