Cas Ground

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Bish Bash

Cas Ground

Post by Bish Bash » 02 Nov 2019, 23:36

It’s been a long long time since I’ve posted anything on here, most of it is pretty childish and the spelling mistakes drive me mad...’their’ not ‘there’ etc

Anyway the reason I’m posting is that for the first time in over 40 years watching Cas I’m not excited for the forthcoming season and that makes me really sad.

I’ve lived and worked across the UK, currently living between Wales and Yorkshire and the one thing that has been constant has been my love of Cas. Excitement of watching a live game, travelling to away grounds, avoiding results before I manage to watch the game on Sky at 2am. I’ve loved it. I sell Castleford whenever I can, especially to union guys but this year the love has gone. It happened when I managed to get my 9 year old girl to her first game this season.

1. I emailed the club asking as we were travelling from Wales to her first game could she meet some of the players before the game. Not even a reply to say no.

2. I considered corporate hospitality for my daughter, myself and two senior colleagues from work but was quoted £84 each for a two course meal. Decided not to!

3. So I decided to pay on the gate and it cost me £40 for the two of us which I thought was extortionate. I think it cost £16 for her and £24 for me.

4. She wanted to go to the toilet so I tried to take her. My god it was embarrassing. She had to queue with me for ages and then the door didn’t lock and she said they were smelly.

5. We couldn’t hear the pa as it went on and off during the game.

I stood there and thought why the hell am I doing. I’ve love the club, the memories, the smell (malt), the noise, the chants...but that was 20 years ago. The ground hasn’t moved on at all and I just felt cheated. The club seems poorly run and is taking and not giving. You can’t get away with what you could 20 years ago, the club needs to offer more value otherwise the crowds will fall, income drop, poorer players and so on. It’s frustrating.

Sorry for the negativity but I have to let it out somewhere.

Oh and my daughter? She doesn’t want to go again because the ground was dirty and old but will watch it on TV to see JSL who she loved.

It’s so sad 😢

Casmania
Verified

Re: Cas Ground

Post by Casmania » 02 Nov 2019, 23:43

It is sad, and worryingly the club appear to have an increasing "take it or leave it" attitude to fans old and new alike.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 02 Nov 2019, 23:50

Your experience is very similar to mine.
Unfortunately, I think those running the club are so fixated on the future that they are perilously ignoring the present.
You’re not the first on here to say that their children and other relatives refuse to attend games because the facilities are so dilapidated, especially the toilets.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 02 Nov 2019, 23:52

Casmania wrote: 02 Nov 2019, 23:43 It is sad, and worryingly the club appear to have an increasing "take it or leave it" attitude to fans old and new alike.
This is precisely the kind of attitude the club seems to hold.
I know it’s a small number of the overall season tickets sold, but it’s very obvious looking at the seats still available in the main stand that many previous season-ticket holders have not renewed for 2020. It looks like may have chosen the “leave it” option.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 02 Nov 2019, 23:54

Not to diminish or contradict as it is all true and an experience not unique to you and your daughter.
There are somethings that are cost neutral such as meeting team members.
Unfortunately it's nothing new you were fortunate not to take hospitality package.
A subject l have covered previously.
Several years ago as a player sponsor it took forever to get the signed ball and they even consistently gave out incorrect business information about my business.
Hey ho l will be there next season health permitting but your right they are playing the game of diminishing returns.
Come ye Fords up your game off the field.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 03 Nov 2019, 01:16

bish bash, did you not know about the "debutant" deal for a childs first home game. she would have loved it. check it out it may not be too late.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 03 Nov 2019, 08:30

as an exercise the board members ought to with their wife's children or grandchildren enjoy the match day as we the fans do putting their hands in their pockets to pay for the delights on offer and the toilet facilities that have been provided

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 03 Nov 2019, 09:26

gateman wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 08:30 as an exercise the board members ought to with their wife's children or grandchildren enjoy the match day as we the fans do putting their hands in their pockets to pay for the delights on offer and the toilet facilities that have been provided
:clap: :clap: :clap:

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 03 Nov 2019, 09:30

i think the club seems to be struggling with things they bring out then don't seem to have the people to respond to what they had started, i tried to submit a question for the latest Tiger Talk bulletin but i couldn't as i was told i had already done so, which i hadn't, so i sent them the following email 5 days ago needles to say without any reply: -

Hi Castleford Tigers, i have just tried to submit a question for the latest edition of Tiger Talk & after submitting my question i was told "You have already submitted a question for this round of Tiger Talk", which is not true as i haven't. Is there a problem with the system?

The question i tried to submit was "with the new ground seeming to have come to a halt, what plans do you have to upgrade the current ground to comply with super league standards" ?

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 03 Nov 2019, 09:53

Casmania wrote: 02 Nov 2019, 23:43 It is sad, and worryingly the club appear to have an increasing "take it or leave it" attitude to fans old and new alike.
Would i be wide off the mark if i suspect a lot of this attitude is down to a couple of people who used to work in the soft drinks industry?

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 03 Nov 2019, 16:13

Bish Bash wrote: 02 Nov 2019, 23:36 It’s been a long long time since I’ve posted anything on here, most of it is pretty childish and the spelling mistakes drive me mad...’their’ not ‘there’ etc

Anyway the reason I’m posting is that for the first time in over 40 years watching Cas I’m not excited for the forthcoming season and that makes me really sad.

I’ve lived and worked across the UK, currently living between Wales and Yorkshire and the one thing that has been constant has been my love of Cas. Excitement of watching a live game, travelling to away grounds, avoiding results before I manage to watch the game on Sky at 2am. I’ve loved it. I sell Castleford whenever I can, especially to union guys but this year the love has gone. It happened when I managed to get my 9 year old girl to her first game this season.

1. I emailed the club asking as we were travelling from Wales to her first game could she meet some of the players before the game. Not even a reply to say no.

2. I considered corporate hospitality for my daughter, myself and two senior colleagues from work but was quoted £84 each for a two course meal. Decided not to!

3. So I decided to pay on the gate and it cost me £40 for the two of us which I thought was extortionate. I think it cost £16 for her and £24 for me.

4. She wanted to go to the toilet so I tried to take her. My god it was embarrassing. She had to queue with me for ages and then the door didn’t lock and she said they were smelly.

5. We couldn’t hear the pa as it went on and off during the game.

I stood there and thought why the hell am I doing. I’ve love the club, the memories, the smell (malt), the noise, the chants...but that was 20 years ago. The ground hasn’t moved on at all and I just felt cheated. The club seems poorly run and is taking and not giving. You can’t get away with what you could 20 years ago, the club needs to offer more value otherwise the crowds will fall, income drop, poorer players and so on. It’s frustrating.

Sorry for the negativity but I have to let it out somewhere.

Oh and my daughter? She doesn’t want to go again because the ground was dirty and old but will watch it on TV to see JSL who she loved.

It’s so sad 😢
Great Post, I had dealings with Gratton myself, something quite similar actually, wanted to get a Cas shirt for my sister who lived in America and she was travelling back After visiting us, I wanted to buy her a shirt to take back with her!! NOT A CHANCE, HE WOULDNT GET A SHIRT FOR US TO BUY BECAUSE IT WAS OUT OF SHOP HOURS!! ...... the bloke is an arrogant, ignorant, miserable Arse!! The club is going backwards fast!! It has a man owning it, who doesn’t want it, a man in charge of it, who appears to dislike being in this type of job, dislikes people, dislikes customers!! Does he even like this sport?? .... the only good thing are the players and the coaching team!! But how long before they alienate Daryl and they decide they don’t need him, as well as not needing to improve the ground or attract new supporters and new customers ... SHAME ON ALL THE CURRENT BACKROOM MANAGEMENT AT THE CLUB!! YOU ARE DESTROYING IT!!!!

Bish Bash

Post by Bish Bash » 03 Nov 2019, 17:14

Thanks for the comments, Sao it’s not just me then. I wasn’t aware of the debutant deal...if they had replied to my emails they could have told me about it. Where are the details Lurcher?

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 03 Nov 2019, 18:40

Hells teeth. There's some right wall flowers on here. Get a grip and get behind the club for gods sake.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 03 Nov 2019, 18:46

Tigerade wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 18:40 Hells teeth. There's some right wall flowers on here. Get a grip and get behind the club for gods sake.
I would suggest these people are behind the club being supporters, season ticket holders, sponsors etc!
It's obvious that some genuine isssues/concerns are being raised with the club and are being ignored. It's more of a case of the club getting behind the fans, who are the clubs lifeblood and future.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 03 Nov 2019, 19:08

Tigerade wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 18:40 Hells teeth. There's some right wall flowers on here. Get a grip and get behind the club for gods sake.
This is exactly the kind of attitude that the club rely on supporters having. Blind faith, non-questioning loyalty and the view that having anything critical to say about the club somehow means they become less of a supporter.
The club needs a sea-change in the way it views supporters, in that they should be thinking of us as customers and not be taking our custom for granted.

johnboy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnboy » 03 Nov 2019, 19:46

In simple terms.

The match day experience is not worth the money.

There are lots of other things customers (that is what we are) can spend their money on.
Be reasonable - do it my way!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 03 Nov 2019, 19:53

johnboy wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 19:46 The match day experience is not worth the money
Sums it up perfectly for me.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 03 Nov 2019, 20:07

](*,) can't believe some of stuff on here bugger the experience i go to watch the team give their all not how bad the bogs are or if my beers warm so what if the grounds stuck in time it's about Castleford tigers make do with what we have it's only bricks and mortar i would watch em on cas high pitch if I ad to get behind the club!

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 03 Nov 2019, 20:10

And before I get slated I'm not a customer I'm a supporter!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Nov 2019, 20:20

I agree with you I always love going down lane...are things as they should be off the field no ...but if we've got a good team that's main thing for me
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi