Isn’t it marvellous..

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Isn’t it marvellous..

Post by HuddsTigers » 29 Oct 2019, 18:46

SWISS TONY!! wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 16:26 Still dont know why we haven't used the marquee rule for shenton for the last few years! If rumour was true he was on 130k a year from coming from saints and we could have used the rule so only 75k was on the cap due to him coming through our ranks ala gale at Leeds then as a simple business decision it makes sense!
Because marquee players have to paid over £175k for it to be used.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 29 Oct 2019, 19:00

HuddsTigers wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 18:46
SWISS TONY!! wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 16:26 Still dont know why we haven't used the marquee rule for shenton for the last few years! If rumour was true he was on 130k a year from coming from saints and we could have used the rule so only 75k was on the cap due to him coming through our ranks ala gale at Leeds then as a simple business decision it makes sense!
'
Marquee Player – Each Super League and Championship Club is permitted to have two Marquee Players whose Salary Cap Value is limited to £150,000 (or £75,000 if Club Trained)'
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 29 Oct 2019, 19:02

150k.

75k if club trained ie Shenny and I'd guess Trueman (for future consideration) and Watts would also class as club trained.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 29 Oct 2019, 20:40

the machine wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 19:00
'
Marquee Player – Each Super League and Championship Club is permitted to have two Marquee Players whose Salary Cap Value is limited to £150,000 (or £75,000 if Club Trained)'

That's how much they count on the cap. It is in the salary cap guidelines that to qualify all marquee players have to be paid £175k to be classed as marquee.

So you couldn't pay a player £100k and use marquee on him.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 30 Oct 2019, 00:44

Thanks for the explenation HT. Always thought it was silly not to save cap space that way and wondered why we didnt
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 31 Oct 2019, 11:42

On cover of Novembers Roar it says meet are 6 new recruits inside wonder who number 6 is ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 31 Oct 2019, 12:08

Maybe classing Rankin
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 31 Oct 2019, 14:09

jackknife wrote: 31 Oct 2019, 12:08 Maybe classing Rankin
Taking the p*ss if they are. He is on loan and has been in 2019

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 10 Nov 2019, 17:31

Can't wait to see these new high quality signings.

Judge me Jon Wells said.

Anyone ?
Audacter Et Sincere

Fryston Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fryston Tiger » 10 Nov 2019, 18:28

JR is named as one of the 6.....

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 11 Nov 2019, 00:20

Fryston Tiger wrote: 10 Nov 2019, 18:28 JR is named as one of the 6.....
TRULY HONESTLY CANNOT BELIEVE OUR CLUB...

In my time ;

1994 RT winning team, needed one or two top quality additions to become joint favourites for the league title...result : rested on laurels. Went backwards.

1999 Squad genuinely needed one or two top quality additions to become joint favourites for the league title...result : rested on laurels. Went backwards

2017 squad absolutely only needed one or two top quality additions to become favourites for a GF win...result : rested on laurels. Went backwards

2018 pre season despite losing players Wells says we’re strong enough... :D

2019 - !

2020 - bottom half of table / potential relegation battle (no I’m not joking, it could quite easily happen next year, there’s only a couple of teams I’d ‘expect’ 2 points from

Digest & discuss....
Audacter Et Sincere

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 11 Nov 2019, 00:35

Mysterio wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 00:20

In my time ;

1994 RT winning team, needed one or two top quality additions to become joint favourites for the league title...result : rested on laurels. Went backwards.

1999 Squad genuinely needed one or two top quality additions to become joint favourites for the league title...result : rested on laurels. Went backwards

2017 squad absolutely only needed one or two top quality additions to become favourites for a GF win...result : rested on laurels. Went backwards

2019 - !

2020 - bottom half of table / potential relegation battle (no I’m not joking, it could quite easily happen next year, there’s only a couple of teams I’d ‘expect’ 2 points from

Digest & discuss....
I’m not quite as pessimistic. I do think the club have made some very poor retention and recruitment decisions since 2017, but I still think we have the core of a very good team that has the potential to win something.
I’m more hopeful with our 2020 recruitment in terms of Feki, Richardson and Griffin. Feki is a massive improvement on James Clare, Richardson will replace a player who has only played a handful of games in the last two years and Griffin adds versatility to the back row/loose forward positions.
I also think (hope!) Cheyse Blair will up his game after a proper pre-season at the club and with some consistency in terms of the players he has inside and outside him.
I still worry about our full-back situation (and think we’ll massively regret not bringing in Alex Walker).
I can’t see us catching Saints and I think Wigan will also be better next year with Hastings and Burgess. But beyond that, I think we can be better than the other clubs and finish third.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 11 Nov 2019, 00:44

Whilst I am an optimist and have high hopes for next season, in a historical context I could add the dismantling of the 69/70 team which was the backbone of the 1970 Ashes winning Lions squad and the sell off of the 1977 double trophy and 3rd in the table team to the two Hull sides (Feath did the same) who went on to carry all before them for half a dozen years

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Nov 2019, 08:59

In my time ;

2019 - !

Digest & discuss....
I agree with you about what's happened when we've had the best team in the league ala 2017 losing zak letting a talent like Mcllend slip away signing average players like Ellis Clare Aston we got it all wrong again
I'm optimistic on next season tho given we got to within 80 minutes of a semi with a team that were busted and couldn't break teams down to score points
Only Hull I see making a big improvement to have Leeds at 12s and cas at 20s to win the GF is barmy id have Leeds 50s and cas about 7s
A lot will depend on wether Rankin re-pays the faith in getting the number one jersey and whoever plays at 9 I presume Mcshane needs to be a lot better than we had in that position last year
There was also a very telling interview with the conditioner a few weeks ago where he basically said we'd got things wrong and there would be a whole new approach for 2020
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 11 Nov 2019, 09:17

tigerfeat wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 08:59

In my time ;

2019 - !

Digest & discuss....
I agree with you about what's happened when we've had the best team in the league ala 2017 losing zak letting a talent like Mcllend slip away signing average players like Ellis Clare Aston we got it all wrong again
I'm optimistic on next season tho given we got to within 80 minutes of a semi with a team that were busted and couldn't break teams down to score points
Only Hull I see making a big improvement to have Leeds at 12s and cas at 20s to win the GF is barmy id have Leeds 50s and cas about 7s
A lot will depend on wether Rankin re-pays the faith in getting the number one jersey and whoever plays at 9 I presume Mcshane needs to be a lot better than we had in that position last year
There was also a very telling interview with the conditioner a few weeks ago where he basically said we'd got things wrong and there would be a whole new approach for 2020
Interesting last comment

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 11 Nov 2019, 10:54

In my time ;

2019 - !

Digest & discuss....
To be fair that has always been the cycle at Cas, expect nothing and take the good with the bad. enjoy the ride.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 11 Nov 2019, 10:56

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 09:17

In my time ;

2019 - !

Digest & discuss....
Interesting last comment
Conditioning needs to adapt like playing style. The core stuff will always be the same, you've got to put the miles in to get it out.

They find new things out all the time and it is known that doing certain things aggravate certain injuries but with analysis and new medical changes they can be altered. An acl injury was a career killer, now some are back within months.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Nov 2019, 11:25

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 09:17

In my time ;

2019 - !

Digest & discuss....
Interesting last comment
I can't find the article now with conditioner Bell but he basically said the players were pushed too hard last pre season and half way through the season they changed the training
He also said more emphasis would be but on skills training and mentaly getting things right next season
Vince Lombardi

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 11 Nov 2019, 12:00

I acknowledge that I fall on the side of pessimism, but to me pre season is pre season.

It is what it is.

Get super fit or as fit as possible for the rigours ahead. Bearing in mind players are ‘just’ adding to last seasons size/strength/cv fitness.

Pinning our hopes on the words of a conditioner saying we’re doing things differently is a bit desperate IMO. If we’re drawing our motivation and excitement this pre season from the signing of Richardson, Griffin and the words of Bell, we truly are going backwards.

If DP were to be offered the GB role now I think he might go before the going gets soft.
Audacter Et Sincere

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 11 Nov 2019, 12:07

thedogvinnie wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 10:54

In my time ;

2019 - !

Digest & discuss....
To be fair that has always been the cycle at Cas, expect nothing and take the good with the bad. enjoy the ride.
I hope that’s partly tongue in cheek pal. It’s not the attitude we should settle for?
Audacter Et Sincere