foot stamping time

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Re: foot stamping time

Post by Tigerade » 17 Oct 2019, 12:23

Why arent WMDC offering Cas a non returnable £3 million quid? if its good enough for the polecats its good enough for us
As far as I am aware, Wakey are paying back the loan at the rate of about 290K per year. There is no interest. The annual payment is slightly higher than the rent they used to pay to the 8mm group who used to own Belle Vue. The big question is - where is the money coming from for the re-furb and new stand at Belle Vue.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Oct 2019, 12:25

Yes apologies i didnt read the full article ....still think they could have offered a small wage tho
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 17 Oct 2019, 15:37

Gotta say I agree with Vinnie the comments on the Axiom front,this maybe,sometime,never thing is worse than Brexit,to move forward the club needs definitive answers not false promises,and if none are forthcoming pull the plug and let's see what we can do improve what we've got. On the season ticket front I will unashamedly not renew,and I'm not a fair weather fan
It is solely down to the fixture changes this year costing me money,simple,but I'll still be rocking up whenever I can. Between me and my mates 17 games were missed over the course of the season at twenty odd quid a pop so not an insignificant sum or if you want to look at it another way enough to buy 11 vandal proof toilet door locks which would keep the moron element amused for a while trying to kick them off. But the club isn't or should never be beyond criticism and at times they need to be held accountable and while Vinnie has the right to stamp his foot we all occasionally need to vent a little spleen.

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 17 Oct 2019, 16:29

tigerfeat wrote: 17 Oct 2019, 09:14 We are tight gets at Cas lol just looked on the website and there advertising for a reserve team manager to do the job on a volantery basis
What kind of person is going to manage the reserve grade for nothing ?
A few years ago I was talking to a well known journalist and he told me a lad he had mentored was doing the media role at cas.

That must be a good payer?? You are [Cut out the swearing] joking mate he’s a work experience lad doing it for free!!

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 18 Oct 2019, 09:55

Tigerade wrote: 17 Oct 2019, 12:23
Why arent WMDC offering Cas a non returnable £3 million quid? if its good enough for the polecats its good enough for us
As far as I am aware, Wakey are paying back the loan at the rate of about 290K per year. There is no interest. The annual payment is slightly higher than the rent they used to pay to the 8mm group who used to own Belle Vue. The big question is - where is the money coming from for the re-furb and new stand at Belle Vue.
So , without paying interest, Wakefield Trinity are stealing from every tax payer in the five towns, again. And just how long before they decide not to pay at all, history does repeat itself with that bunch of scroungers

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 18 Oct 2019, 22:30

Vinne
I have my ticket for next year.Never miss.

I am content in letting the BOD run the club how they see fit.
There is no shareholder voice now but I have got over it.
I go when I can but agree Sky make going to matches difficult by switching dates.
That said they are the pay masters.
Good to see you are well
Robbo
Truth is always best !

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 19 Oct 2019, 15:34

tigerfeat wrote: 17 Oct 2019, 12:25 Yes apologies i didnt read the full article ....still think they could have offered a small wage tho
they are only offering slightly more than nothing for the coaching role though
jo brand is eddie warings love child

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 19 Oct 2019, 17:14

i hope our second team is going to be competitive not just an exercise to comply with with what as been passed by the RL, if you are wanting a coach to coach for nothing heaven knows what they will want to pay players not on contract to make the numbers up

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 19 Oct 2019, 18:43

I would imagine we will use some of the York players who aren't getting game time to make the numbers up in our second string.

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 20 Oct 2019, 13:03

We have 29 contracted players, and maybe a few more to come. Unless we have lots of injuries again, some of those wont get a game, unless we loan them out and pay for them to play for someone else, add some of the up and coming youngsters and we will have a squad of match fit players ready to go when called up, and the first 17 will have compertition for their place

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 20 Oct 2019, 13:59

when we have no match on Sunday i would love a double header 16S/19S and the reserve team , keeping away from the TV games Thursday and Friday and the amateur games Saturday

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 21 Oct 2019, 12:03

gateman wrote: 20 Oct 2019, 13:59 when we have no match on Sunday i would love a double header 16S/19S and the reserve team , keeping away from the TV games Thursday and Friday and the amateur games Saturday
we should adopt the aussie country rugby idea, the play U18s, second grade and first grade all in the same afternoon, that would make sundays perfect darnt lane.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 21 Oct 2019, 12:10

thedogvinnie wrote: 21 Oct 2019, 12:03
gateman wrote: 20 Oct 2019, 13:59 when we have no match on Sunday i would love a double header 16S/19S and the reserve team , keeping away from the TV games Thursday and Friday and the amateur games Saturday
we should adopt the aussie country rugby idea, the play U18s, second grade and first grade all in the same afternoon, that would make sundays perfect darnt lane.
Ideal way to spend a nice February afternoon......

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 21 Oct 2019, 14:14

Sharlotiger wrote: 21 Oct 2019, 12:10
Pitch would be in great condition once the first team kick off lol
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 21 Oct 2019, 18:52

the machine wrote: 21 Oct 2019, 14:14
Sharlotiger wrote: 21 Oct 2019, 12:10
Pitch would be in great condition once the first team kick off lol
Its ruby league not wendyball, since when has the state of the pitch mattered as much at the loos, i expected comments about urinals overflowing etc etc etc

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 22 Oct 2019, 10:18

thedogvinnie wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 08:23 Right I am getting royally [REMOVED] off with everyone bagging the club over signings/toilet and beer sales.
We are Cas , we dont have a mega rich sugar daddy so we or the directors try to live within our means unlike other clubs.
What about us taking a £3 million loan from WMDC , you know just the same as the one Wakey have that will never be repaid, or even asked for repayment. Will we be allowed one of those? will we [REMOVED], we will have to continue as we always have , managing .
The so called new ground is a joke and the state of the situation with Axiom is holding the club back, I totally understand the reluctance to invest in WR if its not going to be there in a few years.
And the biggest joke of all are the so called faithful threatening to abandon their season tickets, we all know thats blowing off dont we? OOOOOH look at me im not getting a season ticket, but you will be at the games.
I am sure the people running the club are doing the best they can within the budgets concerned as ever.
All we need now is an out of date beer salesman to come on and start more dire financial rumours, cos he is in the know and is not bitter at all
Why don’t you list all of the current areas the club needs to address or improve or facilitate instead of claiming the directors run the club within the means.
It’s totally not about just that. No kudos from me.
Audacter Et Sincere

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 22 Oct 2019, 11:43

Mysterio wrote: 22 Oct 2019, 10:18
thedogvinnie wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 08:23 Right I am getting royally [REMOVED] off with everyone bagging the club over signings/toilet and beer sales.
We are Cas , we dont have a mega rich sugar daddy so we or the directors try to live within our means unlike other clubs.
What about us taking a £3 million loan from WMDC , you know just the same as the one Wakey have that will never be repaid, or even asked for repayment. Will we be allowed one of those? will we [REMOVED], we will have to continue as we always have , managing .
The so called new ground is a joke and the state of the situation with Axiom is holding the club back, I totally understand the reluctance to invest in WR if its not going to be there in a few years.
And the biggest joke of all are the so called faithful threatening to abandon their season tickets, we all know thats blowing off dont we? OOOOOH look at me im not getting a season ticket, but you will be at the games.
I am sure the people running the club are doing the best they can within the budgets concerned as ever.
All we need now is an out of date beer salesman to come on and start more dire financial rumours, cos he is in the know and is not bitter at all
Why don’t you list all of the current areas the club needs to address or improve or facilitate instead of claiming the directors run the club within the means.
It’s totally not about just that. No kudos from me.
The club is in limbo with the glasshoughton white elephant and until they get a definite yes or no then i understand the reluctance to invest in a ground that may be demolished. The fact that the club has shown profit tells me it is being run withing its means, do you want us to spend spend spend and be the next Bradford, loads of Kudos in going bust isnt there?

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 22 Oct 2019, 12:28

I don't think anyone is asking for a hot tub, showers, swimming pool and gym, just a half decent place to point Percy.

Shouldn't require significant funds unless we pay contractors in the same overpriced way we pay some of the squad?

There is alos the opttion of asking fans to volunteer for work like Fev Rovers and others have/do?
Spreading the Cas gene pool