George Griffin

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: George Griffin

Post by daytona » 13 Oct 2019, 09:39

57 tackles in a grand final not too shabby.

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 13 Oct 2019, 09:53

Ok as a squad member or on the subs bench, but the back 3 for me will be JSL, McMeeken & Foster with Watts, McShane & Hepi the front three.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 Oct 2019, 10:16

Hepi will have to boost is engine up as he as only been coming of the subs bench if he is going to be a starting prop, Griffin looks a tad light for a prop but were ever he plays he will not let us down very happy with his signing

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 Oct 2019, 10:19

stuey wrote: 13 Oct 2019, 09:53 Ok as a squad member or on the subs bench, but the back 3 for me will be JSL, McMeeken & Foster with Watts, McShane & Hepi the front three.
Respect you’re opinion stuey but I cannot see Hepi being a starting prop in SL when he wasn’t a starting prop in the Championship. As for Alex Foster, he’s got a way to go to get back into the starting 13.

Personally, if everyone was fit fit the start of the 2020 season, my front 6 would be:

Watts
McShane
Smith
JSL
Mcmeeken
Griffin

Millington
Moors
Cook
Milner

Massey
Hepi
Holmes
Foster
O Neill
Peachey

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Oct 2019, 10:24

I'd imagine Griffin will defiantly be in the run on side first game of next season even with a question mark over moors there will be more competition for places than there was season Just gone
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 13 Oct 2019, 10:51

I think dp will start with this pack when all fit

Watts
Mcshane
Smith
Jsl
McMeeken
Massey
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 13 Oct 2019, 16:52

I think Holmes will start at second row. He may not be electric but he's solid, can do 80mins and is a leader.

I'll go with:

Watts
McShane
Massey
Holmes
McMeekan
Griffin

Smith
Millo
Milner
JSL

Pecking order after:
Cook
Moors
Foster
O'Neill
Hepi
Peachey

Fight for places is until round 2 when half are injured.

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 13 Oct 2019, 19:21

From what I’ve seen of Griffin I can’t see him being in the 17 if everyone is fully fit.but as that never seams to happen these days I think he is filling the Chris clarkson role of filling in wherever needed

Fryston Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fryston Tiger » 13 Oct 2019, 20:29

Fumper27 wrote: 13 Oct 2019, 10:19
stuey wrote: 13 Oct 2019, 09:53 Ok as a squad member or on the subs bench, but the back 3 for me will be JSL, McMeeken & Foster with Watts, McShane & Hepi the front three.
Respect you’re opinion stuey but I cannot see Hepi being a starting prop in SL when he wasn’t a starting prop in the Championship. As for Alex Foster, he’s got a way to go to get back into the starting 13.

Personally, if everyone was fit fit the start of the 2020 season, my front 6 would be:

Watts
McShane
Smith
JSL
Mcmeeken
Griffin

Millington
Moors
Cook
Milner

Massey
Hepi
Holmes
Foster
O Neill
Peachey
I'd agree with this. Cant really see where Hepi will fit. He's not a prop that's for sure and he doesn't start many games for Toulouse. I like Foster, but the lad has had an awful long time out and so starts behind a few others. Holmes I would imagine will fight for a place in the 13.
Moors, like Foster, has had a terrible injury and it's unlikely he'll be back to his best early in the season. Peachy and O'Neill will look for places on the bench next season to aid their development, so that leaves Millington, Cook, Milner n Massey fighting for places in the 17.
For me, that says we definitely need another prop....and not just a filler-in project. We need someone to come in that will be in the 17 from the start.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 14 Oct 2019, 15:06

Put in 57 tackles in the grand final! Between him and macca no one else will have to make a tackle

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 15 Oct 2019, 10:13

Griffin is the obvious choice for me at 13 to interchange with massey.

I'd also interchange macca to give him more impetus, certainly if we have our first choice 6 and 7 on the field.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 15 Oct 2019, 11:00

For me now we have Griffin, there is no need for Massey in the side. Griffin does exactly what Massey does, but better and more efficiently, plus he scores tries and can assist them, something Massey doesn't have in his game.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Oct 2019, 11:19

heritage1926 wrote: 15 Oct 2019, 11:00 For me now we have Griffin, there is no need for Massey in the side. Griffin does exactly what Massey does, but better and more efficiently, plus he scores tries and can assist them, something Massey doesn't have in his game.
Correct mate
Also can easily play the full 80 minutes big plus for someone who gets through as much work as he does
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 15 Oct 2019, 11:57

heritage1926 wrote: 15 Oct 2019, 11:00 For me now we have Griffin, there is no need for Massey in the side. Griffin does exactly what Massey does, but better and more efficiently, plus he scores tries and can assist them, something Massey doesn't have in his game.
plus he has some pace!

Captain
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Captain » 15 Oct 2019, 14:42

tigerfeat wrote: 15 Oct 2019, 11:19
Correct mate
Also can easily play the full 80 minutes big plus for someone who gets through as much work as he does
I still think Massey offers something to the side as a sub to spell various forwards during the game. He's been a big player (bigger than most give him credit for) for the past 3 seasons at least now. Can still do a decent job, but yes Griffin for starting 13 for me.

Leeds tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Leeds tiger » 15 Oct 2019, 15:45

Massey is so underrated in my eyes it’s unreal. The amount of times we would score off of one of his play of the balls. It’s clear that’s one of his jobs. Not run it in and keep pumping. Get down and get the quick play of the ball. What happens after that is out of his hands. What you may gain in more tried from and assists from Griffin I think you will also lose in the amount of penalties.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 15 Oct 2019, 16:13

What you may gain in more tried from and assists from Griffin I think you will also lose in the amount of penalties.
Liam Watts came with the same problem but Daryl seems to have helped him sort that out so lets hope he does the same for George?

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 15 Oct 2019, 17:21

Its Milner that may be surplus if the team if fully fit. Personally I'd put griffen in the left second row position hes played at Salford and have Holmes in the 13 role we play. He defends really strongly when players are coming straight at him and can do big minutes and is not afraid to take the ball in. Massey can play that role or prop and id have him on bench with cook! I see Smith being our starting prop next year which leaves millington on the bench too. That leaves mcmeekin and jessie fir the other spots and as jessie normally plays left youd expect him on the bench too. Good options to have! So for start of season if players are fit I think its be
Watts
Mcshane
Smith
Griffen
Mcmeekin
Holmes

Cook
Millington
JSL
Massey

Plenty of back up

When/if fit moors will come into that as should foster.
Where does that leave Milner? Unless Powell feels hes a better option on bench than Massey
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 15 Oct 2019, 17:36

SWISS TONY!! wrote: 15 Oct 2019, 17:21 Its Milner that may be surplus if the team if fully fit. Personally I'd put griffen in the left second row position hes played at Salford and have Holmes in the 13 role we play. He defends really strongly when players are coming straight at him and can do big minutes and is not afraid to take the ball in. Massey can play that role or prop and id have him on bench with cook! I see Smith being our starting prop next year which leaves millington on the bench too. That leaves mcmeekin and jessie fir the other spots and as jessie normally plays left youd expect him on the bench too. Good options to have! So for start of season if players are fit I think its be
Watts
Mcshane
Smith
Griffen
Mcmeekin
Holmes

Cook
Millington
JSL
Massey

Plenty of back up

Where does that leave Milner? Unless Powell feels hes a better option on bench than Massey
Would prefer Milner to Griffin any day

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 15 Oct 2019, 18:07

Oldcasman wrote: 15 Oct 2019, 17:36
SWISS TONY!! wrote: 15 Oct 2019, 17:21 Its Milner that may be surplus if the team if fully fit. Personally I'd put griffen in the left second row position hes played at Salford and have Holmes in the 13 role we play. He defends really strongly when players are coming straight at him and can do big minutes and is not afraid to take the ball in. Massey can play that role or prop and id have him on bench with cook! I see Smith being our starting prop next year which leaves millington on the bench too. That leaves mcmeekin and jessie fir the other spots and as jessie normally plays left youd expect him on the bench too. Good options to have! So for start of season if players are fit I think its be
Watts
Mcshane
Smith
Griffen
Mcmeekin
Holmes

Cook
Millington
JSL
Massey

Plenty of back up

Would prefer Milner to Griffin any day
Not for me. If it’s between those two, Griffin all day for me.