GALE DEPARTURE CONFIRMED

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Gale

Post by KB80 » 18 Sep 2019, 21:50

braytontiger wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 21:36
KB80 wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 21:26 Wouldn't be surprised if the fee was used to balance the books. Attendances have been shocking this year and I'm not convinced the club's been well run to manage this income reduction.
Correct ^^ that would be my thought as well. Let’s face facts if half back replacements were readily available Leeds wouldn’t be paying good money for a 31 year old that’s had two serious injuries in the past two years.
It’s a gamble for Leeds and would be a bigger gamble for us in how long it takes to find a replacement. My guess we will follow recent history and sit on the cash until the right player becomes available
A few posters on St's forum seem to think Richardson is definitely leaving at the end of the season so looks more likely.

If so and especially if any of the other rumours are true and others leave (Ellis, Eden, would be my guess) I'd hope to see at least two more quality signings.

Don't have a quota spot for any of them unless Moors, Milli or JSL call time.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 Sep 2019, 21:51

braytontiger wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 21:48
nottinghamtiger wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 21:39
KB80 wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 21:26 Wouldn't be surprised if the fee was used to balance the books. Attendances have been shocking this year and I'm not convinced the club's been well run to manage this income reduction.
Correct ^^ that would be my thought as well. Let’s face facts if half back replacements were readily available Leeds wouldn’t be paying good money for a 31 year old that’s had two serious injuries in the past two years.
It’s a gamble for Leeds and would be a bigger gamble for us in how long it takes to find a replacement. My guess we will follow recent history and sit on the cash until the right player becomes available
Or maybe Leeds are keen because Luke is club-trained, and therefore limits his cap value to 75k?
Choose what dispensation they get its still a gamble. A crocked player is a crocked player regardless of what they cost. If Luke has gone the question is the same one we’ve gone into the past couple of years who and where do you find a replacement for a position we are short in?
Agreed. I think it’s a bigger gamble for them to sign him than it is for us to lose him though.
I really hope we aren’t losing him with no replacement in place.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 Sep 2019, 21:54

KB80 wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 21:50
A few posters on St's forum seem to think Richardson is definitely leaving at the end of the season so looks more likely.

If so and especially if any of the other rumours are true and others leave (Ellis, Eden, would be my guess) I'd hope to see at least two more quality signings.

Richardson and Truman would be a massive gamble in my opinion.
Both have the potential to be international half backs. I think they’d also work pretty well as a pairing, but that’s a gut instinct,
Richardson also gives us a top goal kicker.
If we lost Gale and used the money to sign Richardson and Evalds, I think I’d back Powell’s judgement.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 18 Sep 2019, 21:58

nottinghamtiger wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 21:54
KB80 wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 21:50

Richardson and Truman would be a massive gamble in my opinion.
Both have the potential to be international half backs. I think they’d also work pretty well as a pairing, but that’s a gut instinct,
Richardson also gives us a top goal kicker.
If we lost Gale and used the money to sign Richardson and Evalds, I think I’d back Powell’s judgement.
I'd be happy with that but doubt Evalds will be going anywhere until the end of next season at the latest.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 Sep 2019, 22:06

KB80 wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 21:58. I'd be happy with that but doubt Evalds will be going anywhere until the end of next season at the latest.
Salford are losing money hand over fist. They can’t afford to turn down decent offers for players.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 18 Sep 2019, 22:19

nottinghamtiger wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 22:06
KB80 wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 21:58. I'd be happy with that but doubt Evalds will be going anywhere until the end of next season at the latest.
Salford are losing money hand over fist. They can’t afford to turn down decent offers for players.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Koukash put something back in. Plus they will want to try and build from the back of the season they have had. Can't see anymore been allowed to go imminently.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Sep 2019, 08:32

Wells as been in the job long enough now not to have everyone in place for next season before pre season training anyone brought in after that should be looked on as a bonus
We tried winging it with a fullback short and a centre short for the last two seasons to try winging it with a starting half back short given that we let Roberts go Aston to a lesser extent and it being obvious Ellis is not good enough would be taking the pee out of the support or not being up to doing the job
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 19 Sep 2019, 10:00

There are always a few imponderables, moors doing his hip war one, the eden saga another. They are wait and see because they are in contract. We certainly learnt it lesson with Zak, you can't jump the gun.

Ken Smith
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ken Smith » 20 Sep 2019, 09:13

Did anyone notice that at the final whistle last night how pleased Luke Gale was as he shook Darryl Powell’s hand? Or was that just a red herring?

Gomersal Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Gomersal Tiger » 20 Sep 2019, 09:49

When you saw the dressing room after the game Gale was there with a big smile on his face and singing as loud and enthusiastic as anyone else. Maybe the rumours are just that and he he is happy where he is.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 20 Sep 2019, 09:56

Gomersal Tiger wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 09:49 When you saw the dressing room after the game Gale was there with a big smile on his face and singing as loud and enthusiastic as anyone else. Maybe the rumours are just that and he he is happy where he is.
Or hes happy his mates have just won a playoff game?
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 20 Sep 2019, 11:23

I guess we'll know by the start of November when pre season starts where he's going to be. He'll be down for a full pre season whether he be cas or wherever.

Spy in the stands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Spy in the stands » 20 Sep 2019, 12:06

Cash and mcelland is what I have been told. Cas are Trying to sign sezer from NRL also.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 20 Sep 2019, 12:20

Spy in the stands wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 12:06 Cash and mcelland is what I have been told. Cas are Trying to sign sezer from NRL also.
Given you have a 0% success rate SITS, I’ll take that to mean the complete opposite. However, I would love it if you were right about Sezer being Gale’s replacement.

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 20 Sep 2019, 12:32

Interesting article in the Hull Daily Mail today - they claim we've paid a fee for Richardson, and that Gale's on his way...

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... rd-3339723
Richardson heading to Cas
There will be plenty of movement in Super League in the coming weeks and one player moving on is St Helens half-back Danny Richardson.

The talented youngster has found game time hard to come by this year and we understand Castleford Tigers have paid a significant fee to take him to West Yorkshire.

The Tigers were on the lookout for a half-back with Luke Gale heading back to Leeds Rhinos and have secured his replacement in Richardson.

The 23-year-old will partner Jake Trueman in the halves in an exciting partnership.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 20 Sep 2019, 12:42

if true i would have thought what ever we get for gale would pay for richardson?

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 20 Sep 2019, 12:44

Spy in the stands wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 12:06 Cash and mcelland is what I have been told. Cas are Trying to sign sezer from NRL also.

Id take sezer all day long over richardson or mcellend

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Sep 2019, 12:52

yorky wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 12:42 if true i would have thought what ever we get for gale would pay for richardson?
65 grand i heard which i think Lurcher put up on here so should be plenty of cash left unless things have changed
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

CasAttack
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasAttack » 20 Sep 2019, 12:54

Ryan Hampshire anyone? Just been released by Wakefield...

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 20 Sep 2019, 13:16

CasAttack wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 12:54 Ryan Hampshire anyone? Just been released by Wakefield...
No thanks. We don’t need another winger.