Millo to retire?

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Millo to retire?

Post by Bolton-tiger » 12 Sep 2019, 22:31

Is it just me or is anyone else hoping that millo retires at the end of the season so we can get some fresh blood in.as much as i like to watch millo and hes a brilliant player but this year he just seems to pick up injury after injury hindering our squad.tonights game he picked up another and never made it back on and the same last week which then effects the interchanges.think him and moores needs to be moved on and get some younger forwards in to take charge

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Millo to retire?

Post by nottinghamtiger » 12 Sep 2019, 22:37

Bolton-tiger wrote:Is it just me or is anyone else hoping that millo retires at the end of the season so we can get some fresh blood in.as much as i like to watch millo and hes a brilliant player but this year he just seems to pick up injury after injury hindering our squad.tonights game he picked up another and never made it back on and the same last week which then effects the interchanges.think him and moores needs to be moved on and get some younger forwards in to take charge
He’s been one of our best imports.
Fresh blood is not easy to find at this time of year. If he wants to retire, he should. If he thinks he can do another year, he has my full support.
One thing is for sure though, our recruitment for 2021 need to involve top forwards.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 12 Sep 2019, 22:43

Bolton-tiger wrote:Is it just me or is anyone else hoping that millo retires at the end of the season so we can get some fresh blood in.as much as i like to watch millo and hes a brilliant player but this year he just seems to pick up injury after injury hindering our squad.tonights game he picked up another and never made it back on and the same last week which then effects the interchanges.think him and moores needs to be moved on and get some younger forwards in to take charge
Not really, no

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 12 Sep 2019, 22:52

Been a great player for us but tonight showed we need some hungrier, more aggressive forwards in the mix imo.

Could be a big ask going into next season with he and Moors on big salaries and regurlarly on the sidelines.

That been said both could come back fighting fit next year for all we know.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 12 Sep 2019, 23:13

Awful as it sounds: 100% absolutely yes. Fantastic servant and player in his pomp. Now seems bust. Has to go if we are to improve. Along with several others but probably not happening.

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 13 Sep 2019, 09:10

You can’t build a squad on sentiment and as much as I like millo I think his body has had enough.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 13 Sep 2019, 09:22

Millington 32, Moors 33 and Gale 31 - all the wrong side of 30 now and who have all had some sort of big lay off due to injury. Also 2 of them are our top 2 earners.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 13 Sep 2019, 10:10

Millo looks broken. Sadly he just can’t seem to get his body to do what his mind wants anymore. It’s time.

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 13 Sep 2019, 11:38

Depends what is left and what the reality is behind it, if we have dragged him out, patched him up and played him busted half the season, he might be fine.

I suspect after mad Monday is done, long conversations in the Millington household. Concur with the sentiments though he has been one of the best imports, top quality player.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 13 Sep 2019, 12:21

He's gone above and beyond for this club. Played when he probably couldn't and shouldn't. When he does finally decide enough is enough, I hope the club go all out to honour him. Arguably the best overseas player I've seen play for us.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 13 Sep 2019, 12:51

heritage1926 wrote:He's gone above and beyond for this club. Played when he probably couldn't and shouldn't. When he does finally decide enough is enough, I hope the club go all out to honour him. Arguably the best overseas player I've seen play for us.
Agreed 100%. I'm torn in my thoughts about him at the moment - I'd love to see him go round again and see out his contract, but don't know if his body is up to it. As you say, whatever happens he deserves one hell of a send off when he does go. Been an absolute warrior on the field, a gentleman off it and loyal to our great club. One of the best blokes ever to pull on a Cas shirt.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 13 Sep 2019, 13:18

Looks like we all agree on this one subject, for once, loved by everyone and is a club legend, but, he needs to hang his boots up or risk serious injury.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 13 Sep 2019, 16:17

Probably will milk us for another year rather then doing the right thing.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 13 Sep 2019, 16:23

Hardly milking the club.
Full filling his contract.
Earning a living and putting his body on the line.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 13 Sep 2019, 17:15

Mucky1978 wrote:Probably will milk us for another year rather then doing the right thing.
Someone who has given so much to the club can hardly be seen as milking it. Club legend. But sadly his body is done now at this level.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 13 Sep 2019, 17:45

Grant won't need our advice
He'll know himself
As will Daryl
Same for moors
I fully agree regarding a send off for millo, we ought to be sorting a crowd funding page for him a family holiday to Europe or America after he leaves.
Audacter Et Sincere

CasAttack
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasAttack » 13 Sep 2019, 18:36

One of the best imports our club has seen. Had some fantastic games for us and clearly loves the club.
I hope when he does retire we get to give him a great send off. I'll happily shake his hand and buy him a beer.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 14 Sep 2019, 07:35

At end of day this is a job and millo stil has a family to feed and unless he can find another job with equal or more pay i wouldn't expect him to retire.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 14 Sep 2019, 07:43

Sad to say but Millington looks done to me. Unless we have been playing him injured this year that is.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 14 Sep 2019, 14:03

Simple answer yes. he a passenger now in most games.

He's been awesome for years and could well be our best import ever. But his time is up.