Season Tickets 2020

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Season Tickets 2020

Post by thedogvinnie » 11 Sep 2019, 10:42

HuddsTigers wrote:If people think they are going to get value for money, they are more likely to attend. That includes everything from the moment you step through the gates from entertainment, to the game, to speed of service, to facilities.

I’m not saying it will or won’t but if there was something like a real ale festival on by the training pitch with loads of local sellers, and did a big push locally, it may encourage a lot more neutrals to spend their money to get entry particularly if part of the ticket price you got two free beer tokens or something.

The whole sporting culture is changing. It’s becoming an event culture. There was an article I read yesterday looking at how likes of darts have embraced this. It isn’t about the sport as such, it’s about going for a good night out with mates, having a laugh, fancy dress etc. If we have loads of night games, we have to find a way of making the game a good night out that encourages people before and after to stay.
The only problem with a real ale fest is that certain "fans" cant handle the crap lager thats on sale, and get a bit unruly, can you imagine them full of plum porter??????

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Sep 2019, 10:47

HuddsTigers wrote:If people think they are going to get value for money, they are more likely to attend. That includes everything from the moment you step through the gates from entertainment, to the game, to speed of service, to facilities.

I’m not saying it will or won’t but if there was something like a real ale festival on by the training pitch with loads of local sellers, and did a big push locally, it may encourage a lot more neutrals to spend their money to get entry particularly if part of the ticket price you got two free beer tokens or something.

The whole sporting culture is changing. It’s becoming an event culture. There was an article I read yesterday looking at how likes of darts have embraced this. It isn’t about the sport as such, it’s about going for a good night out with mates, having a laugh, fancy dress etc. If we have loads of night games, we have to find a way of making the game a good night out that encourages people before and after to stay.
Yeah im not trying to be a ambassador for selling cas season tickets there's a hard-core that will go come what may but there's a lot more the club could do to enhance the match day experience no question
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 11 Sep 2019, 10:49

HuddsTigers wrote: The whole sporting culture is changing. It’s becoming an event culture. There was an article I read yesterday looking at how likes of darts have embraced this. It isn’t about the sport as such, it’s about going for a good night out with mates, having a laugh, fancy dress etc. If we have loads of night games, we have to find a way of making the game a good night out that encourages people before and after to stay.
Exactly this. There has to be something to go alongside the rugby to draw in new supporters.
It doesn't need to happen every game, but we need to make coming to Tiger Town an enjoyable experience.
To be honest, some of the ideas could be so simple. Stuff like 80s and 90s themed games, where supporters are encouraged to wear old shirts, and there is a tribute band from the era playing on the training pitch before the game would immediately generate interest (these go down a storm in other contexts, there is no reason they wouldn't at Cas).
Let's have a 'Kids for a Quid' game on a Sunday (if we have one) when they can actually attend. Put on bouncy castles, face painting, Mr Tumble lookalikes....whatever. Just make it a family afternoon our that includes the rugby, rather than just the rugby.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 11 Sep 2019, 10:54

I’m old school. The match day experience is the match, so I do what I’ve always done, arrive as close to KO as possible. On Sky days, add five minutes to 7.45 as they never kick off at the advertised time even with a 45 min buildup.

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 11 Sep 2019, 12:43

what he said :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 11 Sep 2019, 12:49

I only go for the rugby but I do see what people are saying with regards making it an event
The club has to offer more than what you get sat on your sofa watching it on tv to entice customers back

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Sep 2019, 13:00

Sad in a way were having to look to add on bits off the field to entice more people in to watch rugby league
Back in the day people flocked to watch rugby league just to watch the battle that was about to take place in the middle
Vince Lombardi

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 11 Sep 2019, 13:33

Not decided on either way yet but as it stands I will not be renewing our 3 next year. Having said that if there is an improvement on recruitment for next year I will think again.

I am also in the group of “Ban the drum” as it is unnecessary and very annoying. I can only imagine what sort of person it is that stands there making such a ridiculous racket thinking he/she is making a difference to the fans and the players. Well it is more negative listening to the fans around me on match days.

I also don’t see Sky not choosing us after a mediocre season, possibly finish in the play offs isn’t mediocre at all. If we are anywhere near 2017 we will be on more often so more games moved. Thankfully being self employed doesn’t affect me at all.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 11 Sep 2019, 16:34

I think the timing of the Gale rumour is really unfortunate.
It needs putting to bed one way or another asap
The uncertainty is not going to help sales

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 11 Sep 2019, 16:44

Tamworth Tiger wrote:I think the timing of the Gale rumour is really unfortunate.
Correct :clap:

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 12 Sep 2019, 07:26

fast hands wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:I think the timing of the Gale rumour is really unfortunate.
i agree
Luke on his day brought a great deal to CAS tigers, we have muddled through over the last two years with a make shift pairing at half back and still managed to be in the top half of the table, is he on his way ?? will he have retained the form he had two years ago?? if the lad is leaving the sooner this is out in the open it is better for all party's concerned

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 12 Sep 2019, 07:42

gateman wrote:
fast hands wrote:
i agree
Luke on his day brought a great deal to CAS tigers, we have muddled through over the last two years with a make shift pairing at half back and still managed to be in the top half of the table, is he on his way ?? will he have retained the form he had two years ago?? if the lad is leaving the sooner this is out in the open it is better for all party's concerned

Daryl Powell has said he isn’t leaving .... it’s only on this
forum people have decided he is leaving. The problem with this forum is that people read stuff on here and take it as gospel.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 12 Sep 2019, 08:07

Maybe so but it is gaining plenty of momentum outside of this forum and if it’s not true the club can kill it off very quickly by posting on the official website
Does anyone know when the next club newsletter is due?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Sep 2019, 08:49

I agree with what Hudds tiger said yesterday players and agents are just trying to put people away all the time
Interview Gale had with Carney
So Luke is there any truth in the rumour your off to Leeds
Aw look I don't listen to rumour or gossip
So you will be at Cas next season
Aw look I'm just concentrating on getting fit
Vince Lombardi

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 12 Sep 2019, 09:28

Luke on rugby AM yesterday, said “No”. So he’s staying or simply lying.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Sep 2019, 09:42

Gale and Trueman would be some prospect for other teams to stop next year
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 12 Sep 2019, 10:02

cogito ergo sum wrote:Luke on rugby AM yesterday, said “No”. So he’s staying or simply lying.
What was the question?

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 12 Sep 2019, 10:36

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:Luke on rugby AM yesterday, said “No”. So he’s staying or simply lying.
What was the question?
Along the lines of “Rumours are rife that you’ll be at Leeds next year, is there any truth in it?”

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 12 Sep 2019, 11:37

That will do for me. No reason not to believe him.
All the more reason for the club to put this one to bed though

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 12 Sep 2019, 12:29

Tamworth Tiger wrote:That will do for me. No reason not to believe him.
All the more reason for the club to put this one to bed though
If he does leave, then it will not go down well at all when he returns to play down the lane.