The Drum: Yay or Nay?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.

Should the drum stay or go?

Keep the Drum
25%
Ban the Drum
41%
Don’t Care
34%

Total votes: 68

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

The Drum: Yay or Nay?

Post by nottinghamtiger » 11 Sep 2019, 19:45

One of the more recent topics of debate and disagreement.
So, put simply: should we keep the drum or ban it? Do you even care?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: The Drum: Yay or Nay?

Post by Fumper27 » 11 Sep 2019, 19:49

nottinghamtiger wrote:One of the more recent topics of debate and disagreement.
You’re like a kid with his new toy Nottinghamtiger :lol:

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 11 Sep 2019, 19:51

Fumper27 wrote:
I know, how good is it?
It’s my own little attempt to keep threads on track, without them turning into bickering etc. If there’s a poll, it keeps the comments focused on the question, I think!
And it also gives the opportunity for those who don’t want to make written comments to contribute too, by being able to join in without the prospect of other users arguing with them!

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 11 Sep 2019, 20:11

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
I know, how good is it?
It’s my own little attempt to keep threads on track, without them turning into bickering etc. If there’s a poll, it keeps the comments focused on the question, I think!
And it also gives the opportunity for those who don’t want to make written comments to contribute too, by being able to join in without the prospect of other users arguing with them!
:lol: :lol:

uncle
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by uncle » 11 Sep 2019, 20:16

Ban ban ban the drum, it’s extremely annoying, I understand from a Hull fc friend of mine that all musical instruments are banned at Hull fc.

castigers2010
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by castigers2010 » 11 Sep 2019, 20:17

uncle wrote:Ban ban ban the drum, it’s extremely annoying, I understand from a Hull fc friend of mine that all musical instruments are banned at Hull fc.
and Hull KR. Pretty sure i've not heard one at Sts as well.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Sep 2019, 20:18

Don’t mind it. The atmosphere has been dire at points this season. Feels like we have a fan base that just doesn’t want to sing any more, which is a shame since we probably have a high proportion of LUFC fans, who know how important good atmospheres are.

Someone is trying to attempt to remedy that so should be applauded in my opinion. Don’t want the drum, then we need to improve the atmosphere and song choices IMO.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Sep 2019, 20:29

The drummer does a great job I remember the away game at Salford when we won the league leaders shield fantastic atmosphere in the drizzle that night
The players thrive on the noise behind them I thought that would be obvious really
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 11 Sep 2019, 20:34

I stand in the railway end so if I’m honest I never really notice it at home games. It did drive me bonkers at the recent Hudds away fixture though. Each to their own, not my cup of tea but I wouldn’t let it stop me getting a season ticket like some posts I’ve read on here. I would advise if it’s not for you move away from it and enjoy the game. :dance: Liking this polling feature Nottingham. What we having next? :D

castigers2010
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by castigers2010 » 11 Sep 2019, 20:36

daytona wrote:I stand in the railway end so if I’m honest I never really notice it at home games. It did drive me bonkers at the recent Hudds away fixture though. Each to their own, not my cup of tea but I wouldn’t let it stop me getting a season ticket like some posts I’ve read on here. I would advise if it’s not for you move away from it and enjoy the game. :dance: Liking this polling feature Nottingham. What we having next? :D
I will be, i'll be moving away to my lounge and watching it on the TV (when Cas are on) :D

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 11 Sep 2019, 20:44

daytona wrote:Liking this polling feature Nottingham. What we having next? :D
I think it has to be something that is relevant, it’s no good contriving something just for the sake of it. Season tickets and the drum are two hot topics at the moment, so I think suit a poll. As I say, I think it gives people who want to express the opinion, but not make written posts, the chance to be heard in some way, whilst still allowing those who want to contribute more to do so.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 11 Sep 2019, 20:50

Fumper27 wrote:
The drum and the game are separate entitties to play with :lol: :lol: :lol:
Audacter Et Sincere

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 11 Sep 2019, 20:52

nottinghamtiger wrote:
I think it has to be something that is relevant, it’s no good contriving something just for the sake of it. Season tickets and the drum are two hot topics at the moment, so I think suit a poll. As I say, I think it gives people who want to express the opinion, but not make written posts, the chance to be heard in some way, whilst still allowing those who want to contribute more to do so.
One thing I’d be interested in polling, and it will be controversial. Is it time we went smoke/vape free within the whole ground? Reckon if you put that on Nottingham you’d get a massive response.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 11 Sep 2019, 20:55

daytona wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
One thing I’d be interested in polling, and it will be controversial. Is it time we went smoke/vape free within the whole ground? Reckon if you put that on Nottingham you’d get a massive response.
Anyone can set them up, it just takes a bit of faffing!
I’m happy to, but it’s probably best saved for next week. Quite rightly, the game should take precedence tomorrow and over the following couple of days, plus the relegation battle will leave plenty to discuss.

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 11 Sep 2019, 21:02

nottinghamtiger wrote:
daytona wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Anyone can set them up, it just takes a bit of faffing!
I’m happy to, but it’s probably best saved for next week. Quite rightly, the game should take precedence tomorrow and over the following couple of days, plus the relegation battle will leave plenty to discuss.
Yes mate I agree not too many, just an idea for next week. I’m too thick to set one up so I’ll leave it with you :lol:

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 11 Sep 2019, 23:34

daytona wrote: Is it time we went smoke/vape free within the whole ground? Reckon if you put that on Nottingham you’d get a massive response.
Now that would be me done

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 11 Sep 2019, 23:41

Please can we have a poll about whether or not having a poll is a good idea?

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 12 Sep 2019, 04:47

I think every cas fan should have one of those little horns that we used to have on our push bikes. The one that you squeezed at the end. Imagine the bedlam when they were all squeezed at the same time.(lol) Bring it on

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 12 Sep 2019, 07:46

the sky tv matches at headingly are dreadful with that horrible band that drowns out the sky commentary & the cow bell at Huddersfield is nearly as bad.
after the soccer world cup in south Africa the vuvuzelas were band in football grounds & the rugby league should look into the way our game is portrayed as anyone new tuning into a game at headingly would soon get sick of hearing the idiots with the trumpets etc & how anyone can stand near them beats me. as for helping the team you had better ask the whino's so its no drum / musical instruments for grump old me!!!!! :roll:

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 12 Sep 2019, 08:03

Genuinely don't care. Now a cowbell or a full orchestra like some clubs have, that's too far.