End of season run in

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: End of season run in

Post by Fumper27 » 05 Sep 2019, 22:12

If he play offs were to start now, our path to OT would probably be:
Salford A
Warrington A
Wigan A
GF - Saints

I don’t think we’d have anything to fear from that until
Wigan. Thoughts?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 05 Sep 2019, 22:30

Win next week by a decent margin and it could be

H to Wigan (we go above on PD with a decent win and providing Catalans don’t fold like a pack of cards tomorrow)
A to Wire/Salford
A to Saints/Wire/Salford
GF
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Brummietiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Brummietiger » 05 Sep 2019, 22:31

Fumper27 wrote:If he play offs were to start now, our path to OT would probably be:
Salford A
Warrington A
Wigan A
GF - Saints

I don’t think we’d have anything to fear from that until
Wigan. Thoughts?
Warrington will come good again before the season end and sods law would probably ensure at the same time our season finishes.....at their place!!

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 06 Sep 2019, 06:49

HuddsTigers wrote:Win next week by a decent margin and it could be

H to Wigan (we go above on PD with a decent win and providing Catalans don’t fold like a pack of cards tomorrow)
A to Wire/Salford
A to Saints/Wire/Salford
GF
I think Wigan will beat Catalan meaning we can't catch them. I also think Warrington will beat Wakey meaning the only team I think we can go above is Salford if any.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 06 Sep 2019, 07:18

I agree but it’s nice to dream.

Looking at the fixtures both Salford and Wire should be winning their last two games.

If we do beat Wigan, this happening would put them 4th on PD if they do beat Catalans since Salford and Wire have better ones.

Nothing like Wigan A twice in a row potentially :x providing Saints do us a favour of course.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 06 Sep 2019, 07:45

HuddsTigers wrote:I agree but it’s nice to dream.

Looking at the fixtures both Salford and Wire should be winning their last two games.

If we do beat Wigan, this happening would put them 4th on PD if they do beat Catalans since Salford and Wire have better ones.

Nothing like Wigan A twice in a row potentially :x providing Saints do us a favour of course.
That's it!!

We need Saints to win massively but knowing our luck it won't happen.

I'm guessing both games will have a same kick off time so there's no advantage to any team.

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 06 Sep 2019, 07:55

Leeds beating Salford this week and then a shoot-out next week isn't it now??

Cas were decent last night but Hull were bad.

Our assignment at Wigan strangely feels more difficult than Saints for Hull. Wigan, Warrington, Salford, Cas and Hull could all still technically finish on 32 points* - All still have something to play for as we stand - Saints genuinely have nothing to play for. Hang on to your hat.

*I am sure I could be corrected on that, but you get what I mean.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 06 Sep 2019, 21:53

Pretty sure we can't finish above 5th now after all tonight's results. Teams above us have a far better PD so it's 5th or 6th only.

Meaning if we make play offs we will definitely play 4th away from home.

Cas boxer

Post by Cas boxer » 06 Sep 2019, 22:01

Swagger wrote:Pretty sure we can't finish above 5th now after all tonight's results. Teams above us have a far better PD so it's 5th or 6th only.

Meaning if we make play offs we will definitely play 4th away from home.
got a feeling were going to need saints to do us a favour and turn up against hull next week

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 Sep 2019, 08:14

All the games should be on the same day next week same kick off time especially the ones where teams could get relegated
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 07 Sep 2019, 13:57

Agreed. So should ours and Hulls.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 11 Sep 2019, 11:19

Can't see anything but saints going full strength and all out for a win. With a week off next week they'll want continuity.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 11 Sep 2019, 11:27

If Saints lose to Hull and Wigan beat us, not only are Wigan the form team in the league, they will surely then be favourites to win it. Saints can't afford anymore complacency after losing the CC Final.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 11 Sep 2019, 13:15

heritage1926 wrote:If Saints lose to Hull and Wigan beat us, not only are Wigan the form team in the league, they will surely then be favourites to win it. Saints can't afford anymore complacency after losing the CC Final.
Losing to the form team is no big disgrace, if we win, we are building quite a bit of form ourselves. We've played and beaten wire and Hull, lost to saints but points difference is well in our favour.

We can beat Wigan but its not do or die. I also think saints would rather play us than Hull.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 11 Sep 2019, 14:33

mart0042 wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:If Saints lose to Hull and Wigan beat us, not only are Wigan the form team in the league, they will surely then be favourites to win it. Saints can't afford anymore complacency after losing the CC Final.
Losing to the form team is no big disgrace, if we win, we are building quite a bit of form ourselves. We've played and beaten wire and Hull, lost to saints but points difference is well in our favour.

We can beat Wigan but its not do or die. I also think saints would rather play us than Hull.
True, but I was getting more to the point that, Saints won't rest or take it easy against Hull, which means if we do lose to Wigan, It will take a special Hull performance to beat Saints, in which case, they would rightly deserve that 5th spot.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 11 Sep 2019, 17:31

heritage1926 wrote:
mart0042 wrote:

True, but I was getting more to the point that, Saints won't rest or take it easy against Hull, which means if we do lose to Wigan, It will take a special Hull performance to beat Saints, in which case, they would rightly deserve that 5th spot.
Of course, you are in the place you deserve. It's in our hands, if we are good enough we can go on. If not season over. Much better than relegation.