Season Ticket Poll

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.

Season Ticket or No Season Ticket?

I had a season ticket in 2019 and WILL renew this in 2020.
45%
I had a season ticket in 2019 but WILL NOT renew this in 2020.
11%
I did not have a season ticket in 2019 but will buy one in 2020.
2%
I did not have a season ticket in 2019 and will not buy one in 2020.
42%

Total votes: 83

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Season Ticket Poll

Post by nottinghamtiger » 10 Sep 2019, 22:10

Given the other thread, this might give an idea as to how sales will go next year (on a very small scale).
Last edited by nottinghamtiger on 10 Sep 2019, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by the machine » 10 Sep 2019, 22:13

Didn't have one this season,won't have one next either
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 10 Sep 2019, 22:15

the machine wrote:Didn't have one this season,won't have one next either
Vote in the poll!
I’ve just discovered this exciting forum feature.
Tomorrow:
#banthedrum; or
#keepthedrum.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 10 Sep 2019, 22:19

Had one this season will get another.
Keep saying I won’t but wife enjoys it and gets ya out of house.
Hate Thursday games but used to it now.

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 10 Sep 2019, 22:29

Will buy one as I couldn’t afford to pay weekly for me and the hubby. Just hope we announce some more quality signings especially if gale goes.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 11 Sep 2019, 06:20

Debating whether to continue buying season ticket due to sky moving matches whenever they feel like it. Missed some games recently due to moving game so frustrating.

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 11 Sep 2019, 06:47

Always had one up to 2018 but didn’t get one this year and it turned out to be the right decision with fixtures moving about all over the place

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 11 Sep 2019, 09:01

Worrying that, as yet, there is nobody who will be a new ST holder.
More promising that I thought it would be in terms of renewals (so far) with 16 of the 22 current season ticket holders saying they will renew. But that’s still a significant drop.
Before anyone says it, I know it’s a very small sample. But even small samples tend to reflect the wider group.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 11 Sep 2019, 09:12

nottinghamtiger wrote:Worrying that, as yet, there is nobody who will be a new ST holder.
More promising that I thought it would be in terms of renewals (so far) with 16 of the 22 current season ticket holders saying they will renew. But that’s still a significant drop.
Before anyone says it, I know it’s a very small sample. But even small samples tend to reflect the wider group.
The minute we introduced tiger tv as an exclusive to subscribers we were turning our backs on new supporters imo. Getting your message out there on free social media is the biggest tool any business as. It was a cheap way of making a few quid that in the long run will cost the club.

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 11 Sep 2019, 09:56

Yeah. Pity there isn't an arrangement just for the women's team so we could just watch great rugby all the time. (joke you miserable...).
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Sep 2019, 10:20

Polls like this are no value whatsoever really in terms of providing info.

People’s personal circumstances change each year for whatever reason either allowing them to actually get one or that will stop them.

It’s also unlikely that there are very many people on here who aren’t ST holders that are going to get 1.

I would also imagine that as the season draws nearer a lot of people who said they won’t get one may change their mind. It’s in our blood, the benefits are there, and you’re also in the priority queue for major finals should we make them.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 11 Sep 2019, 10:24

HuddsTigers wrote:Polls like this are no value whatsoever really in terms of providing info.

People’s personal circumstances change each year for whatever reason either allowing them to actually get one or that will stop them.

It’s also unlikely that there are very many people on here who aren’t ST holders that are going to get 1.

I would also imagine that as the season draws nearer a lot of people who said they won’t get one may change their mind. It’s in our blood, the benefits are there, and you’re also in the priority queue for major finals should we make them.
Exactly this. I'm currently working away alot Monday - Friday but will be based in Leeds from January so I will be getting me and my young son one for the first time in 3 years. So that's 2 extras.

The fact I get 13 superleague games, women's games and the second team definitely helps in this too.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Sep 2019, 10:29

Another point to make is our ageing fan base. We have a lot of older gentlemen and ladies, who let’s just say do not have the mobility any more to stand for 2 hours in the freezing cold.

These are people who love the club who would ordinarily get STs but because the ground is wholly unsuitable for these people and because of age, would much rather be sat at home in the warmth and comfort.

My 85 YO Grandad gave up his ST for 2019 because the effort of walking from the car park to the seating was too much, the disabled facilities are inadequate, and it just wasn’t comfortably any more. This is a bloke who had been going since the 1940s to watch Cas.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 11 Sep 2019, 10:32

HuddsTigers wrote:Polls like this are no value whatsoever really in terms of providing info.

They have some value, in that the provide information that may (or may not) be reflective of the wider supporter-base. More often than not, polls are indeed representative of the wider context.
At the moment, this poll tells us that of the people who have participated, there will be nobody buying a season ticket for 2020 who did not have one in 2019 and there are a number of current ST holders who will not be renewing. That's a worry. As you say, it might not reflect the wider supporter-base, but if it does (and it is more likely to than not) then it's a concern.
A for major finals - when was the last cup final or Grand Final to be a sell out? There's no advantage, as anyone who wants to go can get a ticket. In fact, I bought 2014 cup final tickets and 2017 GF tickets through the RFL website as I could do so online from home and also have more choice as to where I sat. Ironically, I bought these before the 'priority window' for season ticket holders even opened!

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 11 Sep 2019, 10:34

HuddsTigers wrote:Another point to make is our ageing fan base. We have a lot of older gentlemen and ladies, who let’s just say do not have the mobility any more to stand for 2 hours in the freezing cold.

These are people who love the club who would ordinarily get STs but because the ground is wholly unsuitable for these people and because of age, would much rather be sat at home in the warmth and comfort.

My 85 YO Grandad gave up his ST for 2019 because the effort of walking from the car park to the seating was too much, the disabled facilities are inadequate, and it just wasn’t comfortably any more. This is a bloke who had been going since the 1940s to watch Cas.
A very good point. And another reason we so desperately need a new stadium.

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 11 Sep 2019, 10:38

I have finished with season tickets only because i now live in Scarborough, nowt to do with the Sky debacle. If i was still in spitting distance i would buy one. I will still get to as many as poss, but sadly that will be limited now

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 11 Sep 2019, 12:57

How anyone can criticise someone for creating an informartive and interesting poll is beyond me. Huddstiger is out of order, and again, showing that she has a superiority complex and dislike of others taking the initiative and getting air time.

...Because she didn’t create the poll she has had her nose put out of joint, and feels embarrassed she didn’t think of it in her fantasy future ‘advisory’ role lol....or other position that will be ‘created’ for her to bring her skills to the club, :lol:

Of course the poll provides an insight, perhaps most valuable of insights of all given people frequenting this forum are genuine die hard fans who have taken to the internet to search out a forum to discuss their love of the club!

There’s just no need to reply to it in the way that she did.

Whilst I’m at it, I’ve had it also confirmed to me by 2 other members of the forum that she has asked folks to ignore my posts or add me as a foe. This happened a while ago, and, is bullying dear girl.

Just to confirm I have no problem with anyone, but will always speak my mind.
Audacter Et Sincere

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 11 Sep 2019, 13:07

Back on topic, we'll be renewing 3 as per usual. I spent 20 years travelling 60 miles for home games and hardly missed so now I'm fairly local(ish) again I'm not giving it up now

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Sep 2019, 13:16

Mysterio wrote:.
I did write out a long reply to this but I’ve realised that it’s important I don’t want to derail yet another thread responding to someone with a real problem with me. I suggest you message me by DM and we can chat about this like adults. To clarify, I’ve never asked someone to block anyone on my behalf or for me.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 11 Sep 2019, 13:32

HuddsTigers wrote:
Mysterio wrote:.
1) I clearly explained my comment straight after by pointing out the vast majority on here will be ST holders. To get a representative idea of the impact it needs to be more than a microcosm of, at best, 100 people.
The poll itself suggests you're wrong in your assumption. 40% of those who have participated are not current season ticket holders. By no means does that make those who are ST holders the "vast majority".