Season Ticket Poll

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.

Season Ticket or No Season Ticket?

I had a season ticket in 2019 and WILL renew this in 2020.
34
46%
I had a season ticket in 2019 but WILL NOT renew this in 2020.
8
11%
I did not have a season ticket in 2019 but will buy one in 2020.
1
1%
I did not have a season ticket in 2019 and will not buy one in 2020.
31
42%
 
Total votes: 74

thedogvinnie
Kirk Dixon
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by thedogvinnie » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:38 am

I have finished with season tickets only because i now live in Scarborough, nowt to do with the Sky debacle. If i was still in spitting distance i would buy one. I will still get to as many as poss, but sadly that will be limited now

Mysterio
Luke Gale
Posts: 3684
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by Mysterio » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:57 pm

How anyone can criticise someone for creating an informartive and interesting poll is beyond me. Huddstiger is out of order, and again, showing that she has a superiority complex and dislike of others taking the initiative and getting air time.

...Because she didn’t create the poll she has had her nose put out of joint, and feels embarrassed she didn’t think of it in her fantasy future ‘advisory’ role lol....or other position that will be ‘created’ for her to bring her skills to the club, :lol:

Of course the poll provides an insight, perhaps most valuable of insights of all given people frequenting this forum are genuine die hard fans who have taken to the internet to search out a forum to discuss their love of the club!

There’s just no need to reply to it in the way that she did.

Whilst I’m at it, I’ve had it also confirmed to me by 2 other members of the forum that she has asked folks to ignore my posts or add me as a foe. This happened a while ago, and, is bullying dear girl.

Just to confirm I have no problem with anyone, but will always speak my mind.

derbystiger
Danny Orr
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:40 am

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by derbystiger » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:07 pm

Back on topic, we'll be renewing 3 as per usual. I spent 20 years travelling 60 miles for home games and hardly missed so now I'm fairly local(ish) again I'm not giving it up now

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 15054
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:55 am

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by HuddsTigers » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:16 pm

Mysterio wrote:.
I did write out a long reply to this but I’ve realised that it’s important I don’t want to derail yet another thread responding to someone with a real problem with me. I suggest you message me by DM and we can chat about this like adults. To clarify, I’ve never asked someone to block anyone on my behalf or for me.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

nottinghamtiger
Luke Gale
Posts: 3188
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by nottinghamtiger » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:32 pm

HuddsTigers wrote:
Mysterio wrote:.
1) I clearly explained my comment straight after by pointing out the vast majority on here will be ST holders. To get a representative idea of the impact it needs to be more than a microcosm of, at best, 100 people.
The poll itself suggests you're wrong in your assumption. 40% of those who have participated are not current season ticket holders. By no means does that make those who are ST holders the "vast majority".

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 15054
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:55 am

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by HuddsTigers » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:50 pm

nottinghamtiger wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Mysterio wrote:.
1) I clearly explained my comment straight after by pointing out the vast majority on here will be ST holders. To get a representative idea of the impact it needs to be more than a microcosm of, at best, 100 people.
The poll itself suggests you're wrong in your assumption. 40% of those who have participated are not current season ticket holders. By no means does that make those who are ST holders the "vast majority".
We live in a time where a majority is 52 to 48 remember ;)

I accept there is a high number of non ST holders it seems this year that have replied. But I personally consider anything close to 2/3rds (66%ish) and above a majority and it seems like that it is that way. (Currently 61:37 as it stands in terms of ST holders this year).

It would be interesting to see how many of those people without STs, have 2019 as the first season without one too. That would give us an idea of how many are lapsed ST holders, and how many have never had one regardless.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

nottinghamtiger
Luke Gale
Posts: 3188
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by nottinghamtiger » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:57 pm

HuddsTigers wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Mysterio wrote:.
1) I clearly explained my comment straight after by pointing out the vast majority on here will be ST holders. To get a representative idea of the impact it needs to be more than a microcosm of, at best, 100 people.
The poll itself suggests you're wrong in your assumption. 40% of those who have participated are not current season ticket holders. By no means does that make those who are ST holders the "vast majority".
We live in a time where a majority is 52 to 48 remember ;)

I accept there is a high number of non ST holders it seems this year that have replied. But I personally consider anything close to 2/3rds (66%ish) and above a majority and it seems like that it is that way. (Currently 61:37 as it stands in terms of ST holders this year).

It would be interesting to see how many of those people without STs, have 2019 as the first season without one too. That would give us an idea of how many are lapsed ST holders, and how many have never had one regardless.
Ah, but not the vast majority as you said, though.
I agree it would be interesting to know how many of the 'non ST holders' have lapsed in the last few years, but the poll becomes really complicated when you start to add in those sort of options.
As I say, often very small samples are reflective of the wider group.
(PS - 61:37 doesn't add up to 100%. You missed the one person who hasn;t had a ST this year but is getting one next year. It's 61:39 - that majority is less than you thought..........)

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 15054
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:55 am

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by HuddsTigers » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:01 pm

Ah, perhaps vast was the wrong word in the post you quoted, accepted.

Though I didn’t say that in my first post on page 1 actually so I misquoted myself. Apologies. And yeah, the polls get complicated and too granular if you account for everyone.

I think the people that are lapsing such as yourself are perhaps the most important. Club needs to figure out how they can attract these fans back. It may not even by a club issue but a sport wide issue. We cannot lose the loyal fans who are propping the game up.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

User avatar
Tigerade
Danny Orr
Posts: 1798
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:18 pm
Location: Larging it in Lagentium

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by Tigerade » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:21 pm

I will be renewing just before the deadline as I usually do. Added benefit for me next season is the reserve fixtures. I should get to a few of those all been well.

Frankas
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4334
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:09 pm

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by Frankas » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:24 pm

HuddsTigers wrote:Another point to make is our ageing fan base. We have a lot of older gentlemen and ladies, who let’s just say do not have the mobility any more to stand for 2 hours in the freezing cold.

These are people who love the club who would ordinarily get STs but because the ground is wholly unsuitable for these people and because of age, would much rather be sat at home in the warmth and comfort.

My 85 YO Grandad gave up his ST for 2019 because the effort of walking from the car park to the seating was too much, the disabled facilities are inadequate, and it just wasn’t comfortably any more. This is a bloke who had been going since the 1940s to watch Cas.

I had a season ticket for over 40 years. Then I took ill, and that was that, But I see every game on Tigers TV, I miss the live games, but I wont see one again. It's like being addicted to a drug, you feel the withdrawal symptoms every week.
Image

tigerfeat
Dale Fritz
Posts: 7060
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by tigerfeat » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:38 pm

Well said Frank you only realise how much you miss something when it's not there for you anymore
I'd feel same if I couldn't go watch cas live

Gomersal Tiger
Sean Rudder
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:52 pm

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by Gomersal Tiger » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:03 pm

I personally think the poll should be whether we play our games on Friday or Sunday. Friday would help eliminate the Sky influence.

nottinghamtiger
Luke Gale
Posts: 3188
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by nottinghamtiger » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:14 pm

Gomersal Tiger wrote:I personally think the poll should be whether we play our games on Friday or Sunday. Friday would help eliminate the Sky influence.
How would that help when most games are been moved to Thursday nights?
I think it would be a bad idea to abandon Sunday games altogether. Most clubs are built on supporters who began following the team as children. No kids attending games = less adult supporters in 10/20 years.

Tamworth Tiger
Luke Gale
Posts: 3969
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:29 pm

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by Tamworth Tiger » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:32 pm

HuddsTigers wrote:Another point to make is our ageing fan base. We have a lot of older gentlemen and ladies, who let’s just say do not have the mobility any more to stand for 2 hours in the freezing cold.

These are people who love the club who would ordinarily get STs but because the ground is wholly unsuitable for these people and because of age, would much rather be sat at home in the warmth and comfort.

My 85 YO Grandad gave up his ST for 2019 because the effort of walking from the car park to the seating was too much, the disabled facilities are inadequate, and it just wasn’t comfortably any more. This is a bloke who had been going since the 1940s to watch Cas.
On the other hand ageing does have a positive. We both retired this summer so it actually no longer matters to us what day of the week the games are played
If we were still working we definitely wouldn’t have got them
Image

User avatar
mart0042
Brad Davis
Posts: 5180
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 3:06 pm
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by mart0042 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:37 pm

I would imagine we'd move to Friday night matches in the new ground. The car park would be empty or quiet if the shops shut at 6pm on a Friday.

Plus people would know most of the season the time of week we play and the only change should be for a Thursday. Interestingly Leeds don't get to many moved from their Friday night matches to Thursday in comparison to us.

Post Reply