GALE DEPARTURE CONFIRMED

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Gale

Post by heritage1926 » 11 Sep 2019, 09:35

viva brad wrote:He is fit and could play according to Luke but the physios at cas want to give him extra time to get fully fit for next season and that was a quote straight from Luke when I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago.

What will be will be if Luke goes good luck to him and welcome to whoever steps into his boots
He might feel fit and be eager to play, but no way is he match fit, not after 10 month out.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Sep 2019, 10:31

TheSheriff wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:The rumours over the weekend were very positive that he was going and that the announcement would be soon
I’ve never seen such a strong rumour get so little coverage other than on this site.
Mainly cause like 95% of the stuff posted on here it's made up by someone who's bored and looking for attention?
I do wonder if players egg on rumours just to see how far they get and how many people believe them at times. It is a cheap form of entertainment after all :D

I also think agents play a huge part too.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 11 Sep 2019, 10:59

HuddsTigers wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:The rumours over the weekend were very positive that he was going and that the announcement would be soon
I’ve never seen such a strong rumour get so little coverage other than on this site.
Mainly cause like 95% of the stuff posted on here it's made up by someone who's bored and looking for attention?
I do wonder if players egg on rumours just to see how far they get and how many people believe them at times. It is a cheap form of entertainment after all :D

Joking apart, there could be some truth in that Hudds - I'd do it for a laugh if I was a top player :lol:

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 11 Sep 2019, 12:02

HuddsTigers wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:

The scurge of ALL sport.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 11 Sep 2019, 12:34

If the Moors rumour is true Albert Vete from storm looks to be available and would be a decent option.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 12 Sep 2019, 12:19

Andrew6666 wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:

The scurge of ALL sport.
No....Just no.

Bad agents like Andy Clarke & Willie McKay are bad for sport but there's tons of good agents who do no end of good for players.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 12 Sep 2019, 13:31

I beleive I've seen a clip of Gale from this week's Rugby AM where he once again states he's contracted to us for next season and is currently concentrating on nothing but getting fit.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 12 Sep 2019, 14:44

TheSheriff wrote:
Andrew6666 wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:

The scurge of ALL sport.
No....Just no.

Bad agents like Andy Clarke & Willie McKay are bad for sport but there's tons of good agents who do no end of good for players.
I suppose the 'good' agents will just sit on their hands and wait for contracts to run down (especially the 4 or 5 year contracts) whilst not making any money from their clients at all. Only the 'bad' agents will falsely try and drum up attention or unsettle their clients in any way they can to get more money. In that thinking, only bad agents make money. I would love to believe your thinking Sheriff, but 'money' and 'commission' are involved so I cannot.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 12 Sep 2019, 19:19

[/quote]

No....Just no.

Bad agents like Andy Clarke & Willie McKay are bad for sport but there's tons of good agents who do no end of good for players.[/quote]
I suppose the 'good' agents will just sit on their hands and wait for contracts to run down (especially the 4 or 5 year contracts) whilst not making any money from their clients at all. Only the 'bad' agents will falsely try and drum up attention or unsettle their clients in any way they can to get more money. In that thinking, only bad agents make money. I would love to believe your thinking Sheriff, but 'money' and 'commission' are involved so I cannot.[/quote]

I get that it’s easy to be cynical, but to tar all agents with the same brush is lazy & incorrect. I know an agent & he regularly goes above & beyond for his clients & genuinely has their best interests at heart. If he were to calculate his commission into an hourly rate then trust me, he’s working for well below the minimum wage.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 12 Sep 2019, 19:53

steadygetyerboots-on wrote:
No....Just no.

Bad agents like Andy Clarke & Willie McKay are bad for sport but there's tons of good agents who do no end of good for players.[/quote]
I suppose the 'good' agents will just sit on their hands and wait for contracts to run down (especially the 4 or 5 year contracts) whilst not making any money from their clients at all. Only the 'bad' agents will falsely try and drum up attention or unsettle their clients in any way they can to get more money. In that thinking, only bad agents make money. I would love to believe your thinking Sheriff, but 'money' and 'commission' are involved so I cannot.[/quote]

I get that it’s easy to be cynical, but to tar all agents with the same brush is lazy & incorrect. I know an agent & he regularly goes above & beyond for his clients & genuinely has their best interests at heart. If he were to calculate his commission into an hourly rate then trust me, he’s working for well below the minimum wage.[/quote]
They only make money on new contracts - there is only so many ways to get your client a new contract. I would ban them from ALL sport. Just my opinion. Would be interesting to know how much we've paid in recent years in agents fees.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 12 Sep 2019, 22:24

Andrew6666 wrote:They only make money on new contracts
Nope.

x% a year of contract.

Say an agents fee is 5% for example and the player is on 100k a year, the agent will get 5k of that a year not 5% of the entire contracts worth on signing.

But sure, you ban agents then players won't get endorsements, cars on the cheap etc etc. Agents do more for players than you'd ever imagine based on your clueless comments.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 12 Sep 2019, 22:30

TheSheriff wrote:
Andrew6666 wrote:They only make money on new contracts
Nope.

x% a year of contract.

Say an agents fee is 5% for example and the player is on 100k a year, the agent will get 5k of that a year not 5% of the entire contracts worth on signing.

But sure, you ban agents then players won't get endorsements, cars on the cheap etc etc. Agents do more for players than you'd ever imagine based on your clueless comments.
Like I said 'my opinion' but you've childishly resorted to insults. Some of the posters on here seriously need to act their age, almost every post that someone doesn't agree with just goes downhill with insults. Pathetic.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 12 Sep 2019, 22:34

IF Gale is fit (and he says he is) then he should be playing if we make the play-offs.
We have shown we can compete, but we are lacking in two areas:
1: Scoring points when we are on top. Gale gives us more chance than Jamie Ellis.
2: Goalkicking. Gale is the best.
If he’s fit, he should play.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 12 Sep 2019, 22:54

If Gale does go can we send Jamie Ellis in his luggage.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 13 Sep 2019, 07:47

lets hope hes staying & put this rumour to bed

Dr?
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dr? » 13 Sep 2019, 20:18

Will be announced as a Leeds player for next year once we've played our last game according to my usually very reliable source. £150k fee. Richardson coming to Cas from Saints.

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 13 Sep 2019, 22:12

Dr? wrote:Will be announced as a Leeds player for next year once we've played our last game according to my usually very reliable source. £150k fee. Richardson coming to Cas from Saints.
My usually “very reliable source” says he’s staying ....

MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MrRugby123 » 13 Sep 2019, 23:09

Is Richardson the answer, only at the start of the season he was playing in the championship, losing Luke gale will be a gamble but only time will try to see who gets the best deal out of it. IMO we need a big signing for Luke’s replacement but that’s not very likely as we’ll probably stick with Jamie Ellis!

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 13 Sep 2019, 23:14

Some people seem to think we’re trying to sign Aidan seezer . Apparently doesn’t count as quota with him playing for turkey

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 14 Sep 2019, 00:38

Tigersbarmy wrote:Some people seem to think we’re trying to sign Aidan seezer . Apparently doesn’t count as quota with him playing for turkey
He will still be non-fed.