Forum truce

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Forum truce

Post by flow » 22 Aug 2019, 10:40

Even I agree its gone to far the bickering on here I call a truce let's all agree not to ridicule other peoples opinion even how much you discree with them. Let's see who gets on board with this or who continues being against other peoples opininions starting now

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Forum truce

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 22 Aug 2019, 10:44

The best and most simple way to clear the forum of what you suggest would be for you to delete your sign and don’t come back ever.

The forum can then get back to what it was.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 22 Aug 2019, 10:58

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:The best and most simple way to clear the forum of what you suggest would be for you to delete your sign and don’t come back ever.

Wow this is what am on about let's start again from now wow we will gradually see who's ruining site that's one name Lofthouse Tiger no intenshions of a truce

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Aug 2019, 11:04

flow wrote:Even I agree its gone to far the bickering on here I call a truce let's all agree not to ridicule other peoples opinion even how much you discree with them. Let's see who gets on board with this or who continues being against other peoples opininions starting now
lets start again from now i used to say that when id had a scrap with someone back of boys modern bike sheds
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 22 Aug 2019, 11:27

tigerfeat wrote:
flow wrote:Even I agree its gone to far the bickering on here I call a truce let's all agree not to ridicule other peoples opinion even how much you discree with them. Let's see who gets on board with this or who continues being against other peoples opininions starting now
lets start again from now i used to say that when id had a scrap with someone back of boys modern bike sheds
what years were you at boys modern, I was there 65 - 69

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Aug 2019, 11:38

43s flyer wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:
69-73 mate you would have been in your last year when i came hated it at time but looking back happiest times really
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 22 Aug 2019, 11:48

tigerfeat wrote:
43s flyer wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:
69-73 mate you would have been in your last year when i came hated it at time but looking back happiest times really
I loved it, except for my last day, after getting the bible signed it was off to Hunslet Parkside for the yorkshire cup final (schoolboy) curtain raiser for Hunslet v fev. Bus broke down at sturton, getting changed on the bus, the ref was drunk and we lost to belle isle boys for the first time ever. Had the weekend then started my apprenticeship at Wheldale pit.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Aug 2019, 13:20

There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone's opinion. It's when it gets personal, off topic or irrelevant that the line is crossed.

If people can't handle a disagreement of opinion or let's say have a sensible discussion by arguing an opposite view with reasoning and facts, they shouldn't be on a forum - simple.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

AstralPancakes

Post by AstralPancakes » 22 Aug 2019, 17:00

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:The best and most simple way to clear the forum of what you suggest would be for you to delete your sign and don’t come back ever.

The guy was suggesting a truce. People seem to be more attracted to squabble and conflict than they are to harmony and unity. I guess it is more captivating and exciting =-)

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 22 Aug 2019, 17:11

Bickering has gone too far and can't deal with opposite opinions....says the guy who starts it all in every thread.

Bloody hell :roll:

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 22 Aug 2019, 18:46

Which is why I suggested the idea as I did. If he went or was banned for life the forum would improve instantly.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 22 Aug 2019, 18:57

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Which is why I suggested the idea as I did. If he went or was banned for life the forum would improve instantly.
Do you now a truce is and your still looking for a reaction.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 22 Aug 2019, 18:59

flow wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Which is why I suggested the idea as I did. If he went or was banned for life the forum would improve instantly.
Do you now what a truce is and your still looking for a reaction.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 22 Aug 2019, 19:02

flow wrote:
Based on the above, aren’t you being against the opinion of Lofthouse Tiger and therefore breaching your own truce? Asking for a friend....

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 22 Aug 2019, 19:06

HuddsTigers wrote:
There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone's opinion. It's when it gets personal, off topic or irrelevant that the line is crossed.

If people can't handle a disagreement of opinion or let's say have a sensible discussion by arguing an opposite view with reasoning and facts, they shouldn't be on a forum - simple.
Nail and head
Adding to a debate, by putting points across to counteract someone else’s view is healthy. What some on here put is completely the opposite of that.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 22 Aug 2019, 19:24

flow wrote:
Not looking for a reaction at all especially from you. I have no interest in anything you say or post, none whatsoever.

I made a suggestion of how to improve the forum and that is the best way by far. Just go away, nobody likes or wants you here.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 22 Aug 2019, 19:26

This truce as worked a treat

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 22 Aug 2019, 19:27

Fumper27 wrote:
flow wrote:
Based on the above, aren’t you being against the opinion of Lofthouse Tiger and therefore breaching your own truce? Asking for a friend....
No reaction to your comment :dance: :dance :dance: nice try :

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 22 Aug 2019, 19:30

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:
flow wrote:
Not looking for a reaction at all especially from you. I have no interest in anything you say or post, none whatsoever.

I made a suggestion of how to improve the forum and that is the best way by far. Just go away, nobody likes or wants you here.
Was a personil attack a coward one at that

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 22 Aug 2019, 19:36

flow wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
flow wrote:
No reaction to your comment :dance: :dance :dance: nice try :
Flow, therein lies the problem. I wasn’t trying to invoke a reaction, I was merely asking for your opinion, yet you failed to give it, thus failed to add to the debate. You see everything as a “personal attack” when all folk are trying to do is continue a healthy debate. Don’t you see that?