End of season run in

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: End of season run in

Post by Fumper27 » 21 Aug 2019, 15:33

heritage1926 wrote:Honestly can't see Huddersfield stopping up. London have at least 1 more win in them and they couldn't of asked for 3 better fixtures. Huddersfield are as good as down for me, unless they really dig in deep.
Who will KR beat mate?? As it stands, if London get the win PD sends KR down

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 21 Aug 2019, 17:48

Fumper27 wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:Honestly can't see Huddersfield stopping up. London have at least 1 more win in them and they couldn't of asked for 3 better fixtures. Huddersfield are as good as down for me, unless they really dig in deep.
KR beat London
London beat Wakey
Hudds lose all 3 of their last games.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 21 Aug 2019, 18:03

HuddsTigers wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
KR beat London
London beat Wakey
Thanks Hudds
Could results go a certain way to drag either Leeds or Wakefield into 12th???

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 21 Aug 2019, 18:25

Fumper27 wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
KR beat London
London beat Wakey
Thanks Hudds
Could results go a certain way to drag either Leeds or Wakefield into 12th???
For Leeds to finish bottom:
* London to win twice (given PD) - including beating Leeds (or all 3 games if Leeds win one of other two games)
* Leeds to lose all games (bigger the margins, bigger the risk if other sides win)
* Wakefield to beat London (final game)
* Hull KR to beat both Salford/Catalans (again PD likely factor to send them down if they only win 1)
* Huddersfield to win 2 games from Hull, Saints and Catalans (PD again likely determining factor that would see them below Leeds if they only win 1)

If Leeds beat London then they are safe given London would need to overturn a -250+ PD in two games.

To all intents and purposes, Leeds are safe given the magnitude of what they'd need to happen for them to go down.

For Wakey:
* Wakey to win no more than 1 game, but would rely on London, Hudds and KR winning two games each and by sizeable margins to send them down (especially if the game Wakey win is v London) - and Leeds obviously picking up 1 win

* Wakey to win no games and London/KR to win 2 games each (London beating Wakey in 1 obvs) plus Hudds at least 1 game (by a sizeable margin). Leeds can lose all 3 but as long as they don't lose by a huge margin in each, Wakey go down on PD. PD likely to be defining factor and Wakey's is 100+ points better than others.

* Wakey to win no games and London (including beating Wakey), KR and Hudds winning 2 games each. Leeds can lose all 3 games but as per above, avoid getting tonked they stay up on PD should others win 2.

Wakey more at risk if they don't win any of their games but it relies heavily on PD, which I think is going to be defining factor on who stays up.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 21 Aug 2019, 18:38

Personally, I think Leeds and Wakey are safe because what I witnessed of Hudds at the weekend would have me thinking they're currently in the hot seat to go down.

It's a three horse race for me - London, KR and Hudds. I can't see Hudds winning any of their remaining games, which opens the door for London. Theoretically, London could lose all 3 games but as long as they keep their games tight, and hope that Hudds get defeated by an accumulated 77 more points (and KR by only 19 points more) than them over their three games, they stay up on PD. Given the way Hudds aren't scoring and the rate they are conceding, that isn't entirely out the question.

London win 1 (Leeds, KR and Wakey) then it's between Hudds and KR for me. I believe KR will probably pick up at least one win (Catalans, London and Salford are their games).

This is how I see it going:

London - L L W (though I'd love to see them do W W W)
KR - L W L
Hudds - L L L

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Aug 2019, 20:10

Sharlotiger wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Coach Powell said on Monday were only scratching the surface of what we can achieve , I agree with him on this too
It is to be hoped so.
I've changed me mind a couple of times at least on cas's chances and I've been critical of Powell but he's a bloke I respect a lot watching the team on Sunday and yes I know how bad Huddersfield were I came to the conclusion that we still had a chance
Ellis just doing what he had to do freed up trueman he was looking to take the line on and make brakes down field whenever he could
Rankin is starting to play well matautia is playing in his right position
Wattsy should be back Millington and Holmes are playing well Jesse and Mcmeeken are two good players
Three tough matches coming up but i think we will win at least two of them
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 22 Aug 2019, 11:13

Powell seems happy that we have a tough end of season run in. Kind of agree with him in a way, if we do end up finishing top 5, then it means that we've beaten at least 2 of the top 4 to do that.

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 22 Aug 2019, 12:16

So hard to call at minute, at one point or other all 3 of London, Hudds and KR have switched from great wins to bad losses over the last few weeks, I wouldn't disagree though that at the minute Hudds look like they're in trouble.

Will be interesting to see who if anyone we sign from the club that goes down, as it seems to be one of our favourite recruiting ploys.............. :-k

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 22 Aug 2019, 12:31

Hopefully it would be Hudds then they have plenty of promising young players that would be worth taking a look at.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 22 Aug 2019, 12:47

Sharlotiger wrote:Hopefully it would be Hudds then they have plenty of promising young players that would be worth taking a look at.
Just for that cowbell alone!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Aug 2019, 13:22

Can't see us signing many from London or KR.

We could actually be in pole position for McGillvary if Hudds go down given Hull have about 5 wingers, Saints have Makinson and Grace, Wigan have 4 good wingers, and Wire have Charnley and Lineham.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 22 Aug 2019, 14:28

HuddsTigers wrote:Can't see us signing many from London or KR.

We could actually be in pole position for McGillvary if Hudds go down given Hull have about 5 wingers, Saints have Makinson and Grace, Wigan have 4 good wingers, and Wire have Charnley and Lineham.
We have Olpherts and Clare :lol:

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Aug 2019, 18:26

Fumper27 wrote:

We have Olpherts and Clare :lol:
So we could have 5 awesome wingers? ;)

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 23 Aug 2019, 08:52

our chances of making the top five are very slim, we can look back over the year and think what might have been, the close matches we have thrown the points away by complete brain farts by a number of our players , lets hope next year we have learnt from this years mistakes

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 23 Aug 2019, 09:54

Our chances may be slim, but a couple of months ago many had written us off and were talking about us as relegation fodder
I’m still looking forward this season. We will need to reflect, but not quite yet.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 23 Aug 2019, 09:56

I can see hudds, kr and London all winning a game in the last 3 and it coming down to points difference. Thinking London won't do it but hoping they do.

I think we'll make the 5. Saints away could be anything but the week after Wembley will help us. Hull at home a win. Wigan away a tough close draw, but we beat them in the playoffs.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 23 Aug 2019, 11:32

I think it will be a big ask to finish in the top five tough fixtures.
It will be down to attitude and availability.
Any updates on the injury front re Watts, Cooky and Shenny would feel more positive if they were all available..
Our point difference and silly late errors may be the telling factor.
Pretty much as to who's for the drop.
London worst points difference but the more positive attitude of the contenders.
As many have pointed out with the exception of Saints it's been very open.
Unfortunately we have to play them, cup hangover the will no be wanting to fizzle out.
Wigan also going well unfortunately.
Sad to say l think we will have to settle for sixth.

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 23 Aug 2019, 11:50

We have 4 ourselves --- Clare, Eden, Olpherts & Feki. How amny more do we need??

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Aug 2019, 13:03

stuey wrote:

We have 4 ourselves --- Clare, Eden, Olpherts & Feki. How amny more do we need??
I think Cas fans would probably exchange 2 maybe 3 of those for McGillvary should he be available. You just don't turn down quality players when you have them.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 23 Aug 2019, 18:01

HuddsTigers wrote:
stuey wrote:

I think Cas fans would probably exchange 2 maybe 3 of those for McGillvary should he be available. You just don't turn down quality players when you have them.
Mcgilvary in a heart beat.cracking try scorer and amount of pens he gets from taking ball in from his own 20 would be priceless to us