End of season run in

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: End of season run in

Post by braytontiger » 19 Aug 2019, 20:08

Fumper27 wrote:
gateman wrote:i would like to see Blair on the wing if we are going to play him and keep Minikin in the centre Minikin as been our best centre over recent weeks, Blair as hardly broken any pots
Minikin has been a turnstile in defence at times this Season. Blair has already shown his vast experience at defending in the centre position in his dozen or so games. Blair in the centres all day for me.
And for me, it infuriates me when people go on about the tries he’s not scored but in defence he’s been impressive. 1 try conceded in 2 games with 2 genuine centres in the team. If your not conceding you’ve always a chance.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 19 Aug 2019, 20:52

braytontiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
gateman wrote:i would like to see Blair on the wing if we are going to play him and keep Minikin in the centre Minikin as been our best centre over recent weeks, Blair as hardly broken any pots
Minikin has been a turnstile in defence at times this Season. Blair has already shown his vast experience at defending in the centre position in his dozen or so games. Blair in the centres all day for me.
And for me, it infuriates me when people go on about the tries he’s not scored but in defence he’s been impressive. 1 try conceded in 2 games with 2 genuine centres in the team. If your not conceding you’ve always a chance.
Thanks Braytontiger. Finally, someone who understands that good centre play is about more than running in a bucketful of tries and that stopping tries is just as, if not more, of a benefit to the outcome of games

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 20 Aug 2019, 12:27

Fumper27 wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Thanks Braytontiger. Finally, someone who understands that good centre play is about more than running in a bucketful of tries and that stopping tries is just as, if not more, of a benefit to the outcome of games
It does help to be able to pass a ball when playing in the centres though, with Shenton playing on sunday Minikin would have had at least 2 walk in tries.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 20 Aug 2019, 12:33

Sharlotiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
It does help to be able to pass a ball when playing in the centres though, with Shenton playing on sunday Minikin would have had at least 2 walk in tries.
You mean like he did the week before for Egodo’s two tries???

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Aug 2019, 12:38

Sharlotiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
I mean Blair did pass the ball 3 times - he got pulled up for them being forward though, which without viewing the highlights, it's hard to judge whether it was right or not.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 20 Aug 2019, 13:31

My take on Blair is he doesn’t seem very athletic.i like him defensively and think he will improve in attack,just strikes me as not very athletic and mobile which I’m hoping will come with more fitness.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 20 Aug 2019, 13:32

Scoopage wrote:My take on Blair is he doesn’t seem very athletic.i like him defensively and think he will improve in attack,just strikes me as not very athletic and mobile which I’m hoping will come with more fitness.
Bill Tupou isn't an athletic centre, but he's one of the best in the league.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Aug 2019, 13:33

if the first one to minikin was forward no excuse for that he had all time in the world but plenty near me thought it was a fare pass... the one were he tried to go himself i think he just wanted to score if hed all ready scored trys he would have just passed it on to minikin and he would have scored
if he relaxes as a good pre season we should see a good player next season
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 20 Aug 2019, 14:14

braytontiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
When people on here going to admit so fare Blair being waiste off money rather had sarginson from Wigan. a centre who shows nothing in attack no good for are style off play cas should pay for his ticket home, I was right from day one when we signed him. Its all right saying he will come good next year he's shown nothing to show this Holmes looks more effective at centre and not even is position.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Aug 2019, 14:20

i think most people have some concerns but there prepared to give him a chance and do see the good side of his game ie his defending very good thats been id say
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 20 Aug 2019, 14:52

flow wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
When people on here going to admit so fare Blair being waiste off money rather had sarginson from Wigan. a centre who shows nothing in attack no good for are style off play cas should pay for his ticket home, I was right from day one when we signed him. Its all right saying he will come good next year he's shown nothing to show this Holmes looks more effective at centre and not even is position.
Because they have a different opinion to you???

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 20 Aug 2019, 14:55

Fumper27 wrote:
flow wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Because they have a different opinion to you???
The only difference of opinion to Flows' is to be wrong!........

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 20 Aug 2019, 15:31

flow wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Refer to my post in the “Cheyse Blair Confirmed” thread to show, that in actual fact, you weren’t “right from day one” and actually praised his signing like everyone else.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 20 Aug 2019, 16:37

Fumper27 wrote:
flow wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Refer to my post in the “Cheyse Blair Confirmed” thread to show, that in actual fact, you weren’t “right from day one” and actually praised his signing like everyone else.
For the first time ever, I don’t mind seeing one of Flow’s posts quoted.
Hilarious.
Just for those who don’t go on the other thread, here are Flow’s actual thoughts when we signed Blair:
“being asking for this for twelve month top centre. finally they listen to this forum.”

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 21 Aug 2019, 13:27

How did we start talking about Blair on here again.

Back on topic.

Huddersfield now look in real danger.

Hull away
Saints away
Catalan Home

If London can grab 1 win from
Leeds home
Hull KR away
Wakey away

They probably will stay up.

Hull KR also have
Catalan away
London Home
Salford away

I think Wakey are safe now but these 3 are in for a real tussle.
If London can grab a win I think they will stay up.

For me I want Huddersfield to go down. Bring nothing to the game at all. Hardly any away fans and could get Rankin for free while making money on Wardle.

London also have no fans but on this season alone they don't deserve to go down.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 21 Aug 2019, 13:29

As for the top 5...

We need Wire to do is a massive favour and beat Salford week after CC final so not sure that will happen.
Salford then travel to Leeds before finishing with Hull KR. Need Wore and Leeds to help us a lot.

Hull play Huddersfield then us and Saints. Due to our better PD I think we need to obviously beat Hull and pick up a win Vs Saints or Wigan to go above them.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Aug 2019, 13:56

Coach Powell said on Monday were only scratching the surface of what we can achieve , I agree with him on this too
Vince Lombardi

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 21 Aug 2019, 14:49

tigerfeat wrote:Coach Powell said on Monday were only scratching the surface of what we can achieve , I agree with him on this too
It is to be hoped so.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 21 Aug 2019, 15:20

Swagger wrote:How did we start talking about Blair on here again.

Back on topic.

Huddersfield now look in real danger.

Hull away
Saints away
Catalan Home

If London can grab 1 win from
Leeds home
Hull KR away
Wakey away

They probably will stay up.

Hull KR also have
Catalan away
London Home
Salford away

I think Wakey are safe now but these 3 are in for a real tussle.
If London can grab a win I think they will stay up.

For me I want Huddersfield to go down. Bring nothing to the game at all. Hardly any away fans and could get Rankin for free while making money on Wardle.

London also have no fans but on this season alone they don't deserve to go down.
Is the London v Hull KR game on sky as I think that could be the game that condemns one of those two to relegation. I think PD will save Huddersfield

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 21 Aug 2019, 15:24

Honestly can't see Huddersfield stopping up. London have at least 1 more win in them and they couldn't of asked for 3 better fixtures. Huddersfield are as good as down for me, unless they really dig in deep.