Seven into five....

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Seven into five....

Post by derbystiger » 13 Aug 2019, 15:47

mart0042 wrote:If we make the 5 it will have man we beat 2 of 3 teams above us, which should give us impetus.

With some players back from injury and playing like when we beat wire recently, no reason we can't make OT.. Lots of its and buts though and a fair bit of luck.
What have you been smoking??

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 14 Aug 2019, 10:02

derbystiger wrote:
mart0042 wrote:If we make the 5 it will have man we beat 2 of 3 teams above us, which should give us impetus.

With some players back from injury and playing like when we beat wire recently, no reason we can't make OT.. Lots of its and buts though and a fair bit of luck.
Drinking from my half full glass. Much happier fighting for top 5 than relegation.

Also we are upgrading our squad and clearing some out.

Whats not to enjoy.?

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 15 Aug 2019, 12:28

Pundits have been predicting how the league will finish with the games remaining, a lot have us finishing 7th behind Catalan and Salford.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 15 Aug 2019, 12:44

Which players are to come back.
Can’t see shenton moors foster gale back this season.
Watts out for 2/3 more weeks.
Who is to come back that will be fit.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 15 Aug 2019, 13:05

old cas lass wrote:

Which players are to come back.
Can’t see shenton moors foster gale back this season.
Watts out for 2/3 more weeks.
Who is to come back that will be fit.
Tbh we know very little about the injures and when they might return.

Apart from Foster, who is out for the season?

If we've something to play for, we might have all bar him available.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 16 Aug 2019, 06:14

Mysterio wrote:Ive said it before, rebuilding should start now, some senior pros might have to go.

Whatever happens if they do not turn around and say they have identified the vital areas that we need addressing will be focussed on and we'll be active in the marketplace I will not be buying a ST for me or my two young sons.

They're right at the age they could be lost to football and and spending 600+ on gear and tickets could be money spent on more entertaining activities

It's awful to see them being distracted because the club have taken their eye off the ball and left us with a sub standard brand of rugby and roster. We need at least 3 excellent signings.

I appreciate it sounds harsh but, that's exactly the approach we need from wells and Powell. The purse strings needs some loosening it possible.

Agree 3 quality signings are needed. Never going to happen though as we don't have the cap space surely.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 16 Aug 2019, 06:17

mart0042 wrote:
derbystiger wrote:

Drinking from my half full glass. Much happier fighting for top 5 than relegation.

Whats not to enjoy.?

Can you elaborate please.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 16 Aug 2019, 09:58

Yes sure,

Feki for minikin
Blair for roberts
Griffin for maher
Olpherts for gill
Hepi for Clark

I'm sure there's more but there's only one starter in the leaving few and Blair, peanut and shenny are ahead of minikin.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 16 Aug 2019, 12:44

mart0042 wrote:Yes sure,

Feki for minikin
Blair for roberts
Griffin for maher
Olpherts for gill
Hepi for Clark

I'm sure there's more but there's only one starter in the leaving few and Blair, peanut and shenny are ahead of minikin.
But thats for next season and you said there is no reason we can’t make OT this year? Doesn’t make sense?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Aug 2019, 12:47

I think it was too separate points. 1 being with fit players back there’s no reason we can’t make OT, which the point was just being happy at being able to challenge than being at the wrong end.

And then it was optimism beyond this season for next year.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 16 Aug 2019, 14:33

I admire the optimism, but if Old Trafford this year was ever on the cards I think the team wouldn't have limped to defeats against Hull KR, Leeds(Twice... Two. Bloody. Times.) and Huddersfield. There are some positives to take - we've beaten every team except Saints, and with only a couple of exceptions the defeats have been close.

However there's negatives in that too - Leeds and Hull KR defeats in Golden Point should both have been wrapped up in regular time but for some poor decision making (McShane v Leeds) or poor execution (Missed penalty kick v Krull), whilst I remember the 6-4 defeat against Wigan looked like two teams who've never played any kind of pass-and-catch ball game before, simple execution would've seen us beating a very poor Wigan side.

So, given how inconsistent the whole league has been, there's no reason we COULDN'T make Old Trafford, but it looks to me like our league table rivals are finding consistency and we are not - the only defeat Wigan have suffered since May was against Saints, Salford have won 7 of their last 10. Warrington seem to be in a bit of a slump but they have the cup run excuse, and are 1 point away from being guaranteed a playoff spot.

I personally don't think we're even for the top 5 this year, but next year looks hopeful given some of the names in the team.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 16 Aug 2019, 16:39

Feki for minikin
Blair for roberts
Griffin for maher
Olpherts for gill
Hepi for Clark

Blair is unquestionable from what we have seen so far.
Hepi for Clark dont agree that's an upgrade.

The other 3 yes assuming they all leave which hasn't been confirmed yet by the club.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 16 Aug 2019, 16:45

To get to OT this year is a big, big ask.
But if we make fifth, form is a strange thing. Momentum and confidence can build quickly.
The best team through the year doesn’t always take the big prize, as we have found to our cost.
Put together our best performances in the last few regular rounds and through the play-offs and it’s possible. Not likely, but possible.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 16 Aug 2019, 16:48

fords wrote:

Feki for minikin
Blair for roberts
Griffin for maher
Olpherts for gill
Hepi for Clark

Blair is unquestionable from what we have seen so far.
Hepi for Clark dont agree that's an upgrade.

The other 3 yes assuming they all leave which hasn't been confirmed yet by the club.
Time will tell with Hepi, but I would rather have someone who wants to be at the club than someone who doesn’t and acts like a petulant teenager when he doesn’t get his own way.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 17 Aug 2019, 19:15

Even more interesting after today's results.

Hull still vulnerable after Salford exposed their paper thin defence and the Red Devils now holding the best cards.

We HAVE to win tomorrow - and in style to boost our points difference. Then beat Hull and get something from either the game against Wigan or Saints.

Leeds had a sniff before this round of results but now it's definitely seven into five.

Slightly off topic - London were magnificent today and showed the level of guts and determination that we will need to display to get anything positive out of this season.

Eddie Battye & Jordan Abdull again showing GB form. Luke Yates an outsider for MOS based on his displays in a side at the wrong end of the table.

Wigan coming home with a wet sail and will get to OT with a great chance of toppling Saints. Why can't we produce young aggressive forwards like they can....?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Aug 2019, 19:24

Agree Luke Yates a fine player
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 17 Aug 2019, 19:33

SuffolkTiger wrote:Even more interesting after today's results.

Hull still vulnerable after Salford exposed their paper thin defence and the Red Devils now holding the best cards.

We HAVE to win tomorrow - and in style to boost our points difference. Then beat Hull and get something from either the game against Wigan or Saints.

Leeds had a sniff before this round of results but now it's definitely seven into five.

Slightly off topic - London were magnificent today and showed the level of guts and determination that we will need to display to get anything positive out of this season.

Eddie Battye & Jordan Abdull again showing GB form. Luke Yates an outsider for MOS based on his displays in a side at the wrong end of the table.

Wigan coming home with a wet sail and will get to OT with a great chance of toppling Saints. Why can't we produce young aggressive forwards like they can....?
connor and taylor almost coming to blows behind the posts today.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Aug 2019, 19:37

Connor to cas ;)
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 17 Aug 2019, 19:47

tigerfeat wrote:Connor to cas ;)
Leeds bound i bet.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 17 Aug 2019, 19:54

Jake Connor might have talent, but he’s petulant and sulks when he doesn’t get his own way. At the moment he thinks he should be playing in the halves, so when Radford plays him at centre he can’t be bothered and just starts mouthing off at his own players.
I doubt Radford will put up with his attitude for much longer. Similarly, I can’t see him being Powell’s type of character. Most likely to end up a Wigan I think, they don’t seem to have an issue signing idiots.